Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Arizona!

Go Arizona!

Thank God someone finally took the lead in enforcing our immigration laws. Because of this law, Arizona residents will soon be much safer than they are now.

Source:
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=146341
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Thank God someone finally took the lead in enforcing our immigration laws. Because of this law, Arizona residents will soon be much safer than they are now.

Source:
    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=146341
    I think it will turn into a mexican standoff.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Had to be done

Like it or not, there is a war going on at the Mexican/US border. All other border states need to follow suite with Arizona. http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...RYpOgD9F9EG600

This is a war that will spill onto US soil if we don't take action now. It has already cost the lives of a couple of Americans and their very young families.
    http://articles.latimes.com/2010/mar...gs15-2010mar15

If anything it will force the feds into taking some form of positive action to stem the increasing problem that exists at the border or the US and Mexico.

I do believe that was the whole point of passing such radical legislation as to... well, enforce laws that already exist.

But still, going after mexicans only is not the right solution.
    Go after the people who employ them illegally. Problem solved in the short term if that route is taken.

any vehicle found with illegals in it should be confiscated and the owner fined severely.

any businesses with illegals working there will be shut down and fined to the extreme.

any people actively recruiting illegals to work in their businesses will face fines and legal consequences.

Do that and your problem will disappear inside of a year.
    Mexicans will realize there are ZERO jobs for them to get and employers will realize what a detriment it is to hire an illegal.

unfortunately, the lobbyists and people with money that support the politicians are also hiring these illegals.

make em pay and the problem goes away. That is the american way.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

If they execute it like they are suppose to, "pursuant to their duties" it’ll be fine, and also would not have that great of an impact. Since the only illegal’s being caught under this law would be ones breaking to law, suspected of breaking the law, or calling the police for help.

What people are afraid of and shouldn’t happen is police walking up to random people asking for identification. However If the police department finds some reason to start “creating” reasonable suspicion to say seize the property of Illegal immigrants to fund their departments before deporting then there will be a problem.

What will be interesting to see is how many cases of wrongful deportation or detention there will be. US citizens are not required to carry documents proving their citizenship.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    However If the police department finds some reason to start “creating” reasonable suspicion to say seize the property of Illegal immigrants to fund their departments before deporting then there will be a problem.
    I've not heard of any siezure provisions in the bill.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I’m pleased with Arizona pulling the trigger. Folks are being kidnapped, killed, robbed by illegals and what’s Washington done? The southern border is at war with the Mexican military and the drug cartels. A couple of weeks a go a Mexican army helicopter flew over the border into Texan airspace and what was the Obama regimes response? Nothing, same as Bushes, nothing. I’m in Cincinnati and we have had more then our share of issues with illegals, murders, drunk driving, robbery, molestation, rape the list goes on and on. It has subsided with the economic malaise however, as they have self deported for lack of work. We have counties that now make it illegal to be hanging around Home Depot and Lowes scrounging for day labor.

1st, businesses that hire them need to be assaulted with prison time and fines that destroy them, make it so painful to hire an illegal they self deport. A local home builder and a meat processing plant were recently raided and massacred financially for doing it.
    2nd, we need a work program, maintained and monitored by the STATES that lets them in to work, if it’s available and not needed by Americans. So our unemployment numbers have to be closer to 3-5% to make that even a consideration. They go to the back of the line; any criminal history denies them entry of any kind. Wait 3-5 years before being eligible to apply for conditional workers status, if they stay clean, pay the taxes, pay a substantial fine for breaking the law in the first place then they can apply for limited citizenship, no voting rights, no land ownership, any criminal activity, even misdemeanors, results in deportation, never to return, these would apply to those who entered illegally first and these are the same laws the Mexican have on the books.
    3rd Repeal Birthright citizenship, sponsored by Rep. Nathan Deal (Ga) HR 1868 the Birthright Citizenship Act of 2009: http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h1868/show

On a personal note, I have a Canadian wife (thank God) you cant imagine the cost and hassles one has to go through to get a foreign national legalized in this country, but its not supposed to be easy. I only see Latinos marching in the streets waving their home countries flags calling us Nazis cause we have restrictive immigration policies, I have yet to see throngs of Canadians doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    If they execute it like they are suppose to, "pursuant to their duties" it’ll be fine, and also would not have that great of an impact. Since the only illegal’s being caught under this law would be ones breaking to law, suspected of breaking the law, or calling the police for help.

What people are afraid of and shouldn’t happen is police walking up to random people asking for identification. However If the police department finds some reason to start “creating” reasonable suspicion to say seize the property of Illegal immigrants to fund their departments before deporting then there will be a problem.

What will be interesting to see is how many cases of wrongful deportation or detention there will be. US citizens are not required to carry documents proving their citizenship.
    -=-----------------------------------
    Unlike some I trust the police to do their jobs, they know when someone is up to no good, they know when someone is out of place. I understand the concern for questions like "where are your papers" but considering the assault on this country by illegals ( look no further then the riots and destruction in Az this week) I think we have been left with little choice. dont want trouble with the system? dont break the law.

Although the intent of the law is admirable, I doubt the seriousness to which people are pretending this event only started in January 15, 2010.
    My point is that there are laws already on the books that provides the impetus for dealing with those who flout the laws. Again, McCain was compassionate towards illegals up to 1 year ago so what happened? Bush (fil) had the same opportunity enforce the law but nothing was done. I am skeptical about the timing of this bill but the intent to enforce the law is positive.

When will illegal employers be punished?

Excellent point. AZ has borne the brunt of the illegal’s in their midst they’ve done everything they can to comply with federal laws, they had to drop the hammer. What’s the new law say? "It’s a crime to be an illegal in Arizona”, wrap your head around that. It’s illegal to be illegal!! No kidding!

The sheriff of Maricopa County, Joe Arpaio has been spearheading the problem, primarily because of resident frustration and fear. He rounds them up, and puts them in camps until the feds get them and deport them. The feds don’t follow up or worse releases them. The sheriff and the county have been sued by every acronym out there. 241,000 illegals were caught at the Az/mexico border last year, the state estimates 460k are in the state today. We are kidding ourselves if we don’t understand this is a war, these are roving gangs of drug dealers, murderers, rapists in Maricopa county. We have to get it out of our heads that the problem in Arizona is the guy picking strawberries. 460,000 illegals without jobs can only be up to one thing if there is no work for them. A Cochise County rancher was shot and killed on his own property a couple of weeks ago the guy was chased to the border and disappeared. Border towns in Texas are seeing kidnappings; murders like they haven’t seen since the early 1800s, one bar had a bag with human heads tossed into it. Instead of supporting Arizona what does our fearless leader do? He sides with these murderers, rapists, drug dealers instead of the residents of the state. He plays the race card as though American citizens living in fear in their own homes have no just reason for demanding some action. What happens if Obama figures out a way to legalize illegals? Will he wave his bony hand like parting the Red Sea and jobs will miraculously appear for them and poof ! they will become law abiding citizens? No he wants them legal to make darn sure they are on the government dole and voting for the group that will provide them with freebies, jobs is not the goal, keeping democrats in power is. A potential voting block of 11-18 million newly legalized illegals is a tough thing to ignore when you’re looking at a political slaughter in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    On a personal note, I have a Canadian wife (thank God) you cant imagine the cost and hassles one has to go through to get a foreign national legalized in this country, but its not supposed to be easy. I only see Latinos marching in the streets waving their home countries flags calling us Nazis cause we have restrictive immigration policies, I have yet to see throngs of Canadians doing the same.
    good choice in the wife department! lol

the only thing that get canadians riled about americans is when the border lines to the shopping outlets are too long.

we enter legally for the most part and don't have the same social issues as Mexico whereby we have a huge drug/narco problem masses of illiterates and various other woes associated with your neighbours to the south.

i think the us and canada have a pretty good relationship in that respect overall.
    namely we respect each others stuff and have a fairly decent society overall.

mexico? not so much.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

From what I read in our local paper today, this may turn into another States rights issue. Remember the Civil War?
    Though I agree with Arizona's stance.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    Excellent point. AZ has borne the brunt of the illegal’s in their midst they’ve done everything they can to comply with federal laws, they had to drop the hammer. What’s the new law say? "It’s a crime to be an illegal in Arizona”, wrap your head around that. It’s illegal to be illegal!! No kidding!

The sheriff of Maricopa County, Joe Arpaio has been spearheading the problem, primarily because of resident frustration and fear. He rounds them up, and puts them in camps until the feds get them and deport them. The feds don’t follow up or worse releases them. The sheriff and the county have been sued by every acronym out there. 241,000 illegals were caught at the Az/mexico border last year, the state estimates 460k are in the state today. We are kidding ourselves if we don’t understand this is a war, these are roving gangs of drug dealers, murderers, rapists in Maricopa county. We have to get it out of our heads that the problem in Arizona is the guy picking strawberries. 460,000 illegals without jobs can only be up to one thing if there is no work for them. A Cochise County rancher was shot and killed on his own property a couple of weeks ago the guy was chased to the border and disappeared. Border towns in Texas are seeing kidnappings; murders like they haven’t seen since the early 1800s, one bar had a bag with human heads tossed into it. Instead of supporting Arizona what does our fearless leader do? He sides with these murderers, rapists, drug dealers instead of the residents of the state. He plays the race card as though American citizens living in fear in their own homes have no just reason for demanding some action. What happens if Obama figures out a way to legalize illegals? Will he wave his bony hand like parting the Red Sea and jobs will miraculously appear for them and poof ! they will become law abiding citizens? No he wants them legal to make darn sure they are on the government dole and voting for the group that will provide them with freebies, jobs is not the goal, keeping democrats in power is. A potential voting block of 11-18 million newly legalized illegals is a tough thing to ignore when you’re looking at a political slaughter in the fall.
    If Ronald Reagun is the godhead of his party and legalized illegals x years ago then it would follow that anyone who does the same action is as valid as R. Reagun. How honest and objective can one get to show the hypocracy of elected officials regardless of their affiliation?!

I admire Sheriff Arpaio because his authority allows him, in the performance of his duties, to get the illegals. My problem is that according to this bill (if it is stated as it is) is that people will be stopped because they are brown (more or less) and speak with an accent and if they cannot produce the ID asked by ICE then the deporattion process will be started immediately.

Another problem is that when Republicans, who are in favour of the bill are asked to comment, they, as a rule. neglect to comment thereby underming the constituency they represent. Marco Rubio (R-Florida) is the only one who has made comments.
    Criminal of any affiliation should be caught and dealth with to the fullest extent of the law!

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    Although the intent of the law is admirable, I doubt the seriousness to which people are pretending this event only started in January 15, 2010.
    My point is that there are laws already on the books that provides the impetus for dealing with those who flout the laws. Again, McCain was compassionate towards illegals up to 1 year ago so what happened? Bush (fil) had the same opportunity enforce the law but nothing was done. I am skeptical about the timing of this bill but the intent to enforce the law is positive.

When will illegal employers be punished?
    That's pretty accurate. The laws on the books that were not being enforced are Federal laws. Since the Obama regime was not enforcing the law, Arizona took it upon themselves to pass a State law that they themselves could enforce.

Quite honestly, this is pretty much how the Founders wanted the country to work. A State has a problem, so they pass laws to address the problem. Pretty simple, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    good choice in the wife department! lol

the only thing that get canadians riled about americans is when the border lines to the shopping outlets are too long.

we enter legally for the most part and don't have the same social issues as Mexico whereby we have a huge drug/narco problem masses of illiterates and various other woes associated with your neighbours to the south.

i think the us and canada have a pretty good relationship in that respect overall.
    namely we respect each others stuff and have a fairly decent society overall.

mexico? not so much.

agreed and on that note Canadians requirments for entry and citizenship are tougher then ours. If i read correctly Taiwanese coming into the Great White North a few years ago had to prove a net worth, no criminal history, employment waiting for them in Canada, place to live and were not allowed access to government aid. Canada took it seriously. the other side is that Canada makes it clear we want the best and brightest not welfare cases.