PALICKI: It was hard because you really had to walk a thin line. You don’t want it to be a cheesy situation because it’s not the important thing. The importance of it is to humanize all the characters. That way, when somebody blows up, you cry because you actually care about them. It’s important to do that. But, with the romantic part, we were both very much about making that relationship work without making it ridiculous, and Dan was, too. We weren’t going to stop and look at each other longingly, in the midst of all this warfare. I think the few moments that are in the movie hopefully earn the ending that happens between the two of them.

What kind of audition process did you have to go through for this film?

PALICKI: I actually met with Dan Bradley before I went in, and we talked very in-depth. And then, I went in and tested with Chris, and I had the job. It was one of the easier processes I’ve ever gone through.

When you hear “remake” or “reboot,” do you immediately get weary of the project, or do you keep an open mind about it until you read the script?

PALICKI: For me, it’s like, “Okay, it’s a job.” Then, I look at it and go, “Is it good?” Also, I ask, “Is it a remake or a reboot?” They’re different. Also, a lot of what’s being made right now are remakes, let’s be honest. But, with this, we had to really go in and pay tribute to the original, but make it our own, as much as possible. They’re two very different movies. I don’t think you could do a ton of comparisons between the two.

Were there changes made to the characters, once you all were cast in the roles?

PALICKI: Yeah. We would sit down and have massive collaboration meetings where we would really wade through the script. Thankfully, Dan was very much about us knowing our place and what we wanted to do with the characters. He had so much faith in what we were doing. I’d say, “Toni would never say this line,” or “Toni would say this instead.” It was very open, and there were definitely changes made. There weren’t substantial changes, but there definitely changes made, once the cast came in.

Did you find Toni to be someone who you could pretty well relate to? Did it feel like you might deal with a situation like this, in the same way that she did?

PALICKI: Yeah, absolutely! I would hope so. I’d hope that’s how I would deal with it. Going in, to be honest with you, I thought of her a lot like Tyra with a gun. She’s this bad girl who, all of a sudden, has to choose what she has to do and she’s totally like, “Let’s ****in’ do this! I’m going to make sure everybody is okay, and we’re going to lead this pack.” I would hope that I would do that! But, I don’t know, and I really don’t ever want to know!

What was it like to work with Dan Bradley, on set?

PALICKI: The acting stuff was new for him, but it was really fun to watch him in his element with all the action. He became this beast. He knows exactly what he’s doing, and he knows exactly what needs to go where. When you watch the movie, for me, I couldn’t breathe during some of those action sequences. During that first car sequence, I really forgot to breathe. He just does a phenomenal job of that.

Are you hoping that the Friday Night Lights movie will eventually happen, and that you’ll be a part of it?

PALICKI: I’m really in the middle. I want it to happen, but at the same time, I’m like, “Leave well enough alone.” Selfishly, I want it to happen. But, for the show’s sake, I don’t want it to happen. I don’t know. We’ll see. There’s still talks, but I don’t know what’s going to happen.

Red Dawn opens in theaters on November 21st.
Now, as you'll see tomorrow, I got the opportunity to interview one of the stars of RED DAWN. Was it Adrianne Palicki? Oh hell no.