Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama the biggest recipient of BP oil cash

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Of course I want him to fail in implementing his policies. I don't like recort deficits, ~10% unemployment, and growing inflation. Do you?
    Best job gain in four years...

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/07/news...cnn=yes&hpt=T3

And who really is responsible for the unemployment? REALLY? Or the deficit? Who wiped out our surplus?

Seriously... really now...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

- 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Best job gain in four years...
    Yet unemployment is UP to 9.9%

And who really is responsible for the unemployment? REALLY? Or the deficit? Who wiped out our surplus?

Seriously... really now...
    It's not just one person's fault, plenty of blame to go around there. I'll admit that. But we were promised us that unemployment would not go above 8% if we passed the Kenyan's 'stimulus' package. So not only did unemployment go up to 10%, we have a huge bill to foot now. But some of us saw the fail coming, because we are not ignorant of history:

"We are spending more money than we have ever spent before, and it does not work. After eight years we have just as much unemployment as when we started, and an enormous debt to boot." -Henry Morganthau, FDR's Secretary of the Treasury

Of course the Kenyan screwed it up even worse, as unemployment under his massive spending actually went up!
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

You make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

Are you gonna spam the forum, or address the points I made?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

You could start by referring to him as the president, and not "The Kenyan". That is disrespectful, and unless you change this, our discussion is over.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Are you gonna spam the forum, or address the points I made?
    Who is spamming the forum again? From the front page of the OT board:

Obama the biggest recipient of BP oil cash

Don't mess with Texas

Al Sharpton 'No social justice til everything "Equal in everybody's house"

Go Arizona!

Liberals ban Happy Meal toys

Obama got 7x more from Goldman Sachs than Bush got from Enron

Obama got 7x more from Goldman Sachs than Bush got from Enron

Health overhaul to increase costs

You make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Last edited by Reality_Check; 05-07-2010 at 12:24 PM.

You could start by referring to him as the president, and not "The Kenyan". That is disrespectful, and unless you change this, our discussion is over.
    His wife said it first. Not me. How is it disrespectful to call a man whose home country is Kenya a Kenyan? My home state is Texas, and I don't get mad when I'm called a Texan.

I can post the clip if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Who is spamming the forum again? From the front page of the OT board:
    Notice I'm not cut-and-pasting the same post over and over and over.

It speaks volumes that neither you or Drake will address my points (although Drake is upset over a truthful dig I made, so he gets a pass for now ).

For you Drake

Yes, you're a good guy and I really don't antagonize you on purpose.

I did have a point in that particular post in referring to him as "the Kenyan". My point was that in American history, which I mentioned, we had tried something and it had failed badly. So my point was that since he came from another country (and those were his wife's words, not mine), maybe he was ignorant of our history and that fact that his idea had been tried in this country before and it failed. So calling him that, in that post, was germaine to the conversation.

I'll not do it again, use that term. Of course in the future I may again point out what his wife said. But I will not use the term "the Kenyan" on this board because you asked me not to. And you know I have honored my word to you in the past.

It speaks volumes that neither you or Drake will address my points (although Drake is upset over a truthful dig I made, so he gets a pass for now ).
    It speaks volumes about you that you engage in such sophomoric insults regarding the President.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    It speaks volumes about you that you engage in such sophomoric insults regarding the President.
    His wife said it first! Jump her ass about it!

Still ignoring that post, huh? I must have made a really good point.

His wife said it first! Jump her ass about it!
    Perhaps I should have said juvenile. I don't recall any posts I've made that insulted President Bush. As a matter of fact, I've always referred to him as:

"President Bush"
    "President George W. Bush"
    "Former President Bush"
    "George Bush"
    "George W. Bush"

While I may have vehemently disagreed with many things he did while in office (just as I disagree with many things President Obama is doing), I never demeaned myself by using childish insults. I have too much respect for the Presidency. Too much respect for myself. And too much respect for the other posters.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

His wife said it first. Not me. How is it disrespectful to call a man whose home country is Kenya a Kenyan? My home state is Texas, and I don't get mad when I'm called a Texan.

I can post the clip if you want.
    It may be meaningless but it is part of his heritage but he is still American.
    Why not call him Hawaiian or Kansan since that is part of his American roots just as Texan is to yours. Why choose one part and not the whole to attempt to strike discord?

You gotta love this one!

"While the BP oil geyser pumps millions of gallons of petroleum into the Gulf of Mexico, President Barack Obama and members of Congress may have to answer for the millions in campaign contributions they’ve taken from the oil and gas giant over the years.

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company’s political action committees — $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals.

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.

In Congress, Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.), who last week cautioned that the incident should “not be used inappropriately” to halt Obama’s push for expansion of offshore drilling, has been one of the biggest beneficiaries of BP’s largesse. Her comments created some blowback, with critics complaining that she is too blasé about the impact of the disaster, even though she was among the first lawmakers to call for a federal investigation into the spill.

As the top congressional recipient in the last cycle and one of the top BP cash recipients of the past two decades, Landrieu banked almost $17,000 from the oil giant in 2008 alone and has lined her war chest with more than $28,000 in BP cash overall.

Several BP executives have given directly to Landrieu’s campaign, including current and previous U.S. operation Presidents Lamar McKay and Robert Malone. Other donors include Margaret Hudson, BP’s America vice president, and Benjamin Cannon, federal affairs director for the U.S. branch. Donations ranged from $1,000 to $2,300 during the past campaign cycle.

Environmentalists complain that Landrieu has played down the impact of oil spills.

“They own Mary Landrieu and the rest of the Louisiana delegation,” said Greenpeace Research Director Kert Davies. “They have more money, disposable income and a fleet of dispensable lobbyists to beat the band.”"

Source:
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0510/36783.html

I wondered why Obama just came out and said he supported offshore drilling. Now I know why!
    1bad65, ALL Presidents are corrupt and immoral, no matter what party they represent, because at the end of the day, their strings are pulled by the same people. It is just that the latest one is perhaps (or perhaps not) corrupter than his predecessor. That is all.