Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Britain: Land of Bad Teeth?

Britain: Land of Bad Teeth?

What the heck does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    What the heck does that mean?
    Back when our health care was good, we had much better dental care than the Brits, so they typically had worse teeth than us. Times have changed.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Back when our health care was good, we had much better dental care than the Brits, so they typically had worse teeth than us. Times have changed.
    So the description is about care of teeth rather than some genetic abnormality (crooked teeth)?

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    So the description is about care of teeth rather than some genetic abnormality (crooked teeth)?
    Right. And generally, few folks have perfect teeth. It's largely about quality of care.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Actually, it's a long-standing joke stemming from the high intake of tea (and sugar) in Britain. People have been making fun of British teeth for centuries.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

"When our healthcare was good"? Get real, Americans teeth are not made fun of by the rest of the industrialized world, British people's teeth are.

Doesn't the Government over there run the dental industry?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Actually, it's a long-standing joke stemming from the high intake of tea (and sugar) in Britain. People have been making fun of British teeth for centuries.
    The Japanese drink alot of tea too. And they are not known for having horrible teeth.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    "When our healthcare was good"? Get real, Americans teeth are not made fun of by the rest of the industrialized world, British people's teeth are.

Doesn't the Government over there run the dental industry?
    The joke is stale. They have much better dental care these days. And get your causation straight. Our infrastructure wasn't decimated by WWII like the UK and other European nations. You ASSUME that socialized medicine is the cause for their bad teeth, which is erroneous.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Our infrastructure wasn't decimated by WWII like the UK and other European nations.
    Ah, but Beligium, France, Italy, Poland, Germany, Bulgaria, Chzechoslovakia, Hungary, etc were left alot worse off than the UK by WWII, and those countries are not known for their bad teeth.

Ah, but Beligium, France, Italy, Poland, Germany, Bulgaria, Chzechoslovakia, Hungary, etc were left alot worse off than the UK by WWII, and those countries are not known for their bad teeth.
    All had socialized medicine, and the joke was so much better directed towards the Brits due to our relationship with them. It was a stupid joke, not a scientific evaluation.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

All had socialized medicine, and the joke was so much better directed towards the Brits due to our relationship with them. It was a stupid joke, not a scientific evaluation.
    It's all good.

The Japanese drink alot of tea too. And they are not known for having horrible teeth.
    Sailors used to say Japanese women had slanted vaginas. And I can personally attest to that falsehood.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Sailors used to say Japanese women had slanted vaginas. And I can personally attest to that falsehood.
    Do you suffer from Yellow Fever?

Do you suffer from Yellow Fever?
    No, I actually suffer from Brown-Suga-itis. But I've sampled quite a few worldly dishes.

No, I actually suffer from Brown-Suga-itis. But I've sampled quite a few worldly dishes.
    My Man !!

Besides, green tea doesn't have the "Staining" properties of the dark teas ( Earl gray orange pekoa) and coffee.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !