It's well known to anyone on here that the phrase "kung fu" doesn't exactly mean
martial arts, but rather refers to the accumulation of a particular skill through diligence.

So I was curios to know, what other types of kung fu do the members of this board practice. And to make the discussion more relivant, how would you compare that skill to your martial art of choice.

One of my other kung fus is "scratch foo," aka turntablism. Like most martial arts, it starts with learning a few basic techniques wich set a foundation for more advanced ones. The latter techs are just more complex variations and combonations of the initial ones. Through repition the movments become 2nd nature and require no thought as to how to perform them. After you have accumulated a larg repetiorre of 2nd nature movments you can move into a free flow of movments, much in the way that you talk with out having to think of the word that will express your idea.

My other favorite kung fu is chess. To anyone adept at this game who is also a martial artist, no explanation is needed. But more specificly, I find it's relation to Wing Chun amazing.

First of all, the key to winning, or even learning the game, is learn to controll the center of the board (center line theory). It is the most direct rout to your oponents and from there you can controll a larger portion of the board.
Simultaneous attack and defens are also prevolent at an advanced level. Your knight is under pressure from bishop, you move your queen to check your oponents king and the only defense he has is to used said bishop to block the path, thus eleviating the pressure on your night.

On a larger scope of the game, it's as if the kings are the body and all the other peices are the arms and legs, moving about manipulating one another in order to reach the ultimate goal, and if a direct hit pressents itself (leavs himself wide open)take it (fools mate).

I can go on and on for days, especially with chess and wing chun, but i'd rather see what everyone else has to say.