Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Banning martial arts weapons

Weapons

That might include ski and hiking poles(sharp points, you know). Axes/hatchets for scouts or other outdoor folks. any piece of a tree more than a few inches long. Chainsaws (as in TX chainsaw massacre,LOL). Cattle prods, electric and non. What else can you think of? Love looking at things where the law covers things with unitended consequences. Are bows and arrows also going to be covered? Certain there are bow hunters there and we know those are very old ma items.

Nice post SanHeChuan

You should add those to our Bad Day for Samurai Wannabes & Bad Day for Wannabe Bruce Lees threads. Some might already be there.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Cars.
    Belts.
    Scissors.
    Metal rulers.
    Books and book bags.
    Sharp pencils and pens.

all potential weapons.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Weapons are designed to kill or maim. Ball bats, tennis rackets, golf clubs, are not immediately designed for killing or maiming. A sack full of marshmellows could kill you if you got beaten long enough with them I think. Just because you can use something as a weapon does not make it a weapon as such. Martial arts weapons are just as dangerous as any other type of weapon in that they can kill or maim you. People keep them because of that very reason. Why else would one keep and train their use?

While we're at it outlaw the practice of martial arts and religion, punishable by death. "All Hail Chairman Mao."

Personally I believe most laws develop from fear rather than logic.

let's see them ban all the tiger claws... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    A sack full of marshmellows could kill you if you got beaten long enough with them I think.
    sig worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    A sack full of marshmellows could kill you if you got beaten long enough with them I think.

Why are you bashing Tyson Durr on this thread?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Why are you bashing Tyson Durr on this thread?
    because it's the only way to really ensure he'll chime in and make another a$$ of himself.

I am sorry but when is the last time you heard of a college student going postal with a kwan do on a college campus? This is beyond stupid, maybe they should lay off the Starbucks a bit.

Too many people are like our country's current administration they can't see the forest through the trees and don't have a clue about what is really important.

The banning of weapons is not uncommon. It is designed to make the populations subservient. You can fight back with weapons. Although today you need something that has rapid fire capabilities, there was a time when people turned simple tools into weapons. The nunchuka is just a very shortened version of the thrashing sticks used to seperate grains from chafe. You can beat the stinkies out of someone with them. When I was a young person I could not carry a weapon as such, mostly because I was constantly being searched for them. No blades, brass knuckles, slap or black jacks. I had to resort to carrying half dollar coins in both front pockets. A half dollar coin is not as common today, but at one time they were, and I kept 4 or 5 in each pocket. I could knock your eye out with one at close range. Right size and weight. A silver dollar would likely be leathal if you hit someone in the head with it. With the half dollar you could ease up behind someone and slam him in the back of the head with one and he will drop like a lead ball.

1. luckily, all the schools that I went to

they did not care what practice weapons that I had

I have staves, spears, broadswords, straight swords

however, they are with dull edges. they are practice ones.

2. My kitchen wares and utensils are much sharper

are they going to ban knives and forks in the kitchen?

3. how about clothes hangers?

you may stretch the wires of clothes hangers, they are mighty strong to penetrate--

me brothers and I used to do fencing and sword play with an open wire of clothes hangers. all the moves are the same, except they are with lighter weights.

4. how about glass or plastic wares?

we may break them and make them a weapon, too?

5. how about towels and clothes, you may use it to strangle someone---

6. anything that is hard enough, sharp enough may all be made to be weapon

even rocks with sharp edges

are they going to ban rocks and bricks in the garden?

7. tree branches may be sharpened, too

are they going to ban trees in the school?

8 you may drown someone in the sink and toilet

are they going to ban the sink and the toilet?

9. you may force someone to hit his head on the wall.

are they going to ban the walls on the building?

again anything hard enough or sharp enough may all damage the fragile human body

ban them all I think?

There have been several high-profile shootings and mass shootings here in the Seattle area in the last couple years. The sheep are scared and outraged, and the politicians are trying to find ways to make it look like they're trying to protect people.

They recently banned concealed carry in parks and community centers... bought all
    the shiny new signs with our tax money.... then it got tossed out on appeal and they had to go around and rip all the shiny new signs down a couple weeks later. It's nice to know that my tax dollars are being put to good use.

The moment they ask us to choose between two different paths, the implicit message is that we can only follow one. -Daniele Bolelli, On The Warrior’s Path

Quote Originally Posted by Taryn P. View Post
    There have been several high-profile shootings and mass shootings here in the Seattle area in the last couple years. The sheep are scared and outraged, and the politicians are trying to find ways to make it look like they're trying to protect people.
    high profile... LOL, but yes, the sheep are scared...
    They recently banned concealed carry in parks and community centers... bought all
    the shiny new signs with our tax money.... then it got tossed out on appeal and they had to go around and rip all the shiny new signs down a couple weeks later. It's nice to know that my tax dollars are being put to good use.
    i love stuff like this... if only everyone could point all these incidents out to them and really make them feel like dumba$$es... this country is a ****ing joke and the politicians are a bunch of lame clowns.

Maine

Who practices with blow darts? Ninjas? And since when have Freddy Kruger gloves been martial arts weapons? (okay we did run a pic a someone with such gloves once in the mag, but that was tongue-in-cheek )

Chuck Rage is a great name for a martial arts villain.
    Bill on martial arts weapons is OK'd
    Still needs to be signed into law by governor
    Patrick Cronin
    By Patrick Cronin
    pcronin@seacoastonline.com
    June 04, 2010 2:00 AM

HAMPTON — A volunteer who was shot in the back in April with a blow dart from a passing car at Hampton Beach said he's pleased a bill was approved that will enable the town to make it harder to find such weapons in local stores.

"Hopefully what this will do is get this stuff off of the sidewalks of Hampton Beach and in the back of the stores and away from kids," said 70-year-old John Gebhart.

He was one of the people who spoke in support of a bill sponsored by state Rep. Nancy Stiles, R-Hampton. Blow darts such as the one that struck him while he was outside planting are being sold in a store-front window at the beach for $8.

Stiles said her bill, which was approved in the House and Senate on Wednesday, allows cities and towns to regulate the retail display and accessibility of martial arts objects.

"We were not looking to hurt business," Stiles said. "We were just looking to help those communities who want to make it less accessible."

She said it will be up to towns to decide what type of restrictions they want to put in place. Any ordinance developed by selectmen would still need to be voted on by the town.

Last year, Hampton officials looked into seeing if they could pass an ordinance to make it harder to purchase such items at the beach, but found state law didn't give them authority to enact one.

At the time, officials were concerned about the number of shops selling these items and the potential harm that could be inflicted by them.

Stiles was asked to sponsor the bill by Hampton Beach Village Precinct Commissioner Chuck Rage, who has long been critical of the sale of martial arts equipment at the beach.

"I'm very excited about this," Rage said. "Nancy Stiles is amazing. I brought this concern to her and she just ran with it."

Rage said there are about six stores on the beach that sell such items.

"I don't want it displayed on the sidewalk," Rage said. "This is a family beach. We don't need to see Freddy Krueger hand gloves with real finger tip knives gloves on display."

Rage said he hopes selectmen will work on an ordinance to be voted on at the 2011 Town Meeting.

"I know the selectmen will step up to the plate and make it happen," he said.

Items under the bill that can be regulated include throwing stars, throwing darts, nunchaku, blow guns or any other objects designed for use in the martial arts that are capable of being used as lethal or dangerous weapons.

The bill still needs to be signed by the governor to become law.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart