Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Sooo...perhaps boxing and wing chun aren't so different after all?

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    still havent answered my question t
    Because it was a stupid question. But that's SOP for you. I think you must either be around 13 or an adult with an IQ of around 85. So when you take low intelligence, no significant experience training with fighters, and put them on a forum, you get people like you and Victor -- guys who really don't know anything but aren't smart enough to recognize it.

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post

Ah, yes, the same old nonsense, contact reflexes, eye coordination, footwork -- and chi! LOL! You think you are developing an imaginary power! Good luck with that.

BTW, grappling doesn't just involve grasping -- although "lop", grabbing, is the extension of the open hand, or haven't you learned that yet? -- it can involve pushing, pressing, pulling, etc., anything that uses sustained contact to manipulate an opponent.

Go find yourself a good WCK instructor; whoever is teaching you is misleading you.
    I used Lop sao as an example to picture to myself what you meant by grappling.

I trained under William Cheung and my senior Keith Young. Please tell me who has trained you so i can contact them and ask them certain questions on their teachings.

Same old nonsense??? Your joking right. Wow, who would of thought Yip Man was a fake and he taught his students nonsense. Whereas you were taught by???? and was taught the true secrets of Chi Sao, which is grappling.

Sil lum Tao also develops Chi. We also call this "forward energy".

You are a fake.

VT isnt attached grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    VT isnt attached grappling.
    I'm sorry I couldn't hear you.....
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

Because it was a stupid question. But that's SOP for you. I think you must either be around 13 or an adult with an IQ of around 85. So when you take low intelligence, no significant experience training with fighters, and put them on a forum, you get people like you and Victor -- guys who really don't know anything but aren't smart enough to recognize it.
    How is it a stupid question? It's completely logical. ( Though it's been quite apparent since ive bothered to pay attention to you that you don't seem to be well acquainted with the term.)

You criticize people's training and methods yet you claim you're not very skilled.

Therefore a self professed "not very skilled" person shouldn't be passing judgement on other martial artists nor should he be attempting to tell them how to correctly train since he isn't aware of how to do it himself or can personally give an example of it.

And to make matters worse your claims about being passionate about wing chun make no sense whatsoever unless you are an inhabitant of planet wackadoo.

People that are passionate about their art work themselves to the bone day in and day out. Hate to break it you but the results of being passionate and working hard is not ending up being "not very good"

Rather, people who are not very good end up like this from lack of motivation, laziness ,will power, and the like.

The only thing you seem to be passionate about is arguing on the internet with people and spamming the board with inane repetitive circle talking drivel that comes from the perspective of a theoretical non fighter trained in wc by another theoretical non fighter.

But yet somehow despite all this you know how to properly train and apply your art over anyone else in here?

Darn it must be annoying that a 21 year old smart @ss can run circles around a 50 year old lawyer huh? LOL

Heck you should give me your job t i think id be better at it than you
    Last edited by goju; 05-12-2010 at 05:26 AM.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

and gentlemen no no need to applaud me

my head is big enough as it is

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    Rather, people who are not very good end up like this from lack of motivation, laziness ,will power, and the like.
    If someone is really training long and hard then there are a finite number of reasons why they might not be very good..

Sadly none of them are "healthy" reasons.

If T is as diligent as he claims (and I have no reason to doubt him based on his SOP) LOL

Then you have to look to physical disability, method, genetics or mindset..

There are few other possibilities.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

Quote Originally Posted by YungChun View Post
    If someone is really training long and hard then there are a finite number of reasons why they might not be very good..

Sadly none of them are "healthy" reasons.

If T is as diligent as he claims (and I have no reason to doubt him based on his SOP) LOL

Then you have to look to physical disability, method, genetics or mindset..

There are few other possibilities.

you left out hanging around on the internet for years tirelessly proving who has the real chun!

given what i just noted i tend to believe this over genetics or health issues

h ell im asthmatic, have mild epilepsy and have shoulders that pop out and AND!!! AND!!! i dealt with a crazy girlfriend from mexico for over a year you dont see me making excuses!
    Last edited by goju; 05-12-2010 at 05:34 AM.

My guess is based on the evidence, T thinks it is.........Genetics..aka (natural ability) or superiority thereof of his training partners(natural ability).
    Last edited by YungChun; 05-12-2010 at 05:37 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F

sure not all of us here can be blessed with superior irish physical genetics (ahem)
    BUT regardless of whatever excuses you me or anyone else has for not being able to do this or that doesnt matter

youre still not good therefore your claims about how people should train remain entirely moot

sure you can lend your opinion in a mannerly fashion(which everyone of us should do instead of playing internet expert) on a topic but when your hijacking every thread with

"iknowtherightwaytotrianohmanyalltheroticalstuffis nthereyouguysshoudldobalhblahblahblah" then it is really hard to not think you're a clown.

on serious note i like to read about the actual techniques and stories behind the wing chun style (thats why i do more lurking than posting) and it gets annoying when everything is derailed by this malarkey to the point where im not learning anything interesting by reading the threads anymore

of course i could regularly join in with the bickering but i might as well revert back to swinging from trees and flinging my crap at people while im at it
    Last edited by goju; 05-12-2010 at 06:10 AM.

How is it a stupid question? Apparently, you are not bright enough to figure that out -- and it seems you're not alone.

Here's a hint: do you know what "not that good" means to me? Since you have never trained with genuinely good people, you can't appreciate what good really is. Or, how difficult it is to get there.

You see, we have very different notions of what "good" is -- what you consider "good" I consider to suck. So from your very limited perspective, you wonder how anyone can't be "good" when it takes so very little to get "good." And this is why you and your kind believe that you are "good"-- because for you, what sucks is good.

I'm sorry that you don't find my posts "interesting." Different people find different things interesting. What not very bright people who suck find "interesting" is not my concern however.

How is it a stupid question? Apparently, you are not bright enough to figure that out -- and it seems you're not alone.

Here's a hint: do you know what "not that good" means to me? Since you have never trained with genuinely good people, you can't appreciate what good really is. Or, how difficult it is to get there.

You see, we have very different notions of what "good" is -- what you consider "good" I consider to suck. So from your very limited perspective, you wonder how anyone can't be "good" when it takes so very little to get "good." And this is why you and your kind believe that you are "good"-- because for you, what sucks is good.

I'm sorry that you don't find my posts "interesting." Different people find different things interesting. What not very bright people who suck find "interesting" is not my concern however.

never trained with genuinely good people?

really? learning from a student who studied under a instructor for the korean miltary and training at trevor whittmans gym (hes ranked as one of the top five mma coaches) isnt quality compared to where were you again?

oh thats right sparring with these random "boxers" and "guys" you never name and deluding yourself into thinking sparring is actual combat. silly me i forgot all about that

you are slipping t XD all your contradictory mumbo jumbo is all running into itself and making you looking foolish in the process

but please enlighten us with your expert opinion of what fighting is despite the fact youve never fought

or how to spar properly despite the fact you yourself admit you regularly get slapped around

or even better yet reccomend us to go out and test are stuff when you had all the chances in the world to meet up with your fellow wing chun brothers here and spar but you backed out

actually why are you even here!!!? for the sake of wing chun you should be out there keeping it alive!!!

GO! GO! FOR THE GOOD OF KUNG FU!
    Last edited by goju; 05-12-2010 at 06:55 AM.

Sure, whatever. Keep working on your GED.

Quote Originally Posted by Niersun View Post

Chi Sao is not grappling nor is it fighting simulation. Who ever agrees with this needs to go back and listen to there sifu better or get a new one.

Chi Sao develops contact relexes, eye coordination, footwork and most importantly chi. Which school teaches that Chi sao is grappling??? If your holding onto the arm, then your not doing Chi sao exercises properly.
    And that is precisely the problem with chi sao. If it was grappling, it would actually be a realistic training tool. The way it is for most people who practice it as non-grappling is exactly what makes it an almost worthless training tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    The way it is for most people who practice it as non-grappling is exactly what makes it an almost worthless training tool.
    Please explain the intended purpose and method of what you term non grappling within the context of the training tool of ChiSao...
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F