Thread: anyone ever checked out this school?

anyone ever checked out this school?

http://shaolinwudang.org/

He teaches Wing chun and other MAs. Wondering which lineage he's from. Does anybody know?

Never heard of him. And i've met or have heard of most of the teachers around the Bay Area.

If you're looking to study WC. PM me. Besides my own school I can put you in contact with many others too.

Quote Originally Posted by sunjai View Post
    http://shaolinwudang.org/

He teaches Wing chun and other MAs. Wondering which lineage he's from. Does anybody know?
    I would go in and see. Let your eyes be the judge. Also, consider bringing in someone with MA experience to help you judge.

ill check him out, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunjai View Post
    ill check him out, thanks
    I have seen people who are super good an know their martial arts but maybe feel that they lack articulation so they don't feel comfortable with the big demonstrations, seminars, and videos. Nonetheless, they might be far superior to a better known person. Not that there is anything wrong with being well known, but it requires a bit of salesmanship if a fighting career didn't do the sales for them. That's just not how everyone operates.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    I have seen people who are super good an know their martial arts but maybe feel that they lack articulation so they don't feel comfortable with the big demonstrations, seminars, and videos. Nonetheless, they might be far superior to a better known person. Not that there is anything wrong with being well known, but it requires a bit of salesmanship if a fighting career didn't do the sales for them. That's just not how everyone operates.
    This is true,

But how difficult is it to articulate references and teaching credentials? I didn't see any problem with an articulation of the class prices. Haha

Nothing against the school really though. Just offering assistance. Take it or leave it.

Best.

I agree. It is a red flag. If you are going to have a website, you should put all of that out there. My only caution would be that there is really nothing that could be said lineage or credential-wise that would make up for a class visit where I saw no one who could defend themselves. Similarly, I would not be dissuaded because he wasn't part of a popular lineage if I saw rigorously trained fighters would could defend themselves.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 05-08-2010 at 12:33 PM.