Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazing catch wrestling vid

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    Victor, this isn't the wing chun forum so it is about you. You have presented yourself as knowledgeable about grappling and cacc in particular. Now you are being called out on your bonafides by people who are grapplers.

So, what is your background in grappling, who do or did you train with, have you ever competed or are you just a fan boy?

To be fair I will go first. I trained and competed in folk style wrestling in John Harris High School in Harrisburg PA and I currently train at the Daddis Fight Camp in Cherry Hill NJ. http://www.phillymma.com/ I am currently just a hobbyist with no intention of competing at this time.

In a shameless plug for my school I am going to recommend it highly and invite any one in the Philadelphia area to visit one of the schools. Brad is a great instructor and I am confident that you will like it.

Okay Victor, your turn.
    lol this should be interesting all the grapplers out there report in so we can see what expereince you have...victors reply should be fun

just to be fair ill go next been training out of leicester shootfighting for the past 7 or 8 years, train both grappling and MMA have competed in grappling a few times over the years but not in MMA.

"Victor, this isn't the wing chun forum so it is about you." (m1k3)

***THIS IS CRAP.

Cacc wrestling is what this thread is about; and as usual, the bjj nut-huggers who are still
    p i s s e d off that catch turned their world upside down in the form of one Kazushi Sakuraba back around 1999-2000-2001...

will say anything in order to avoid the truth about cacc: IT'S REALLY FRIGGIN' GOOD !!!

So ad-hominem away, fellas...because I just don't give a 5hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post

***THIS IS CRAP.

Cacc wrestling is what this thread is about; and as usual, the bjj nut-huggers who are still
    p i s s e d off that catch turned their world upside down in the form of one Kazushi Sakuraba back around 1999-2000-2001...

will say anything in order to avoid the truth about cacc: IT'S REALLY FRIGGIN' GOOD !!!

translation i can't list where i learned my catch because i can;t remember the name of the videos

Lol

***THIS IS CRAP.

Victor, I trained folk as well as bjj and I currently train no-gi because it is basically submission grappling as used for MMA. BJJ, GJJ, Judo, Folk, Greco they're all included.

You are the one with the "linage" issues. All the grapplers I know don't give a rat's a$$ about the origin of a move other than "does it work?", "that's cool, show me how to do that!" and "how would you defend that?".

Now, since you are discussing the superiority of CACC what is your grappling background? I have seen you use this same argument in the WC forum concerning peoples opinions on WC many times. If it is valid there it is valid here.

Victor, I trained folk as well as bjj and I currently train no-gi because it is basically submission grappling as used for MMA. BJJ, GJJ, Judo, Folk, Greco they're all included.

You are the one with the "linage" issues. All the grapplers I know don't give a rat's a$$ about the origin of a move other than "does it work?", "that's cool, show me how to do that!" and "how would you defend that?".

Now, since you are discussing the superiority of CACC what is your grappling background? I have seen you use this same argument in the WC forum concerning peoples opinions on WC many times. If it is valid there it is valid here.
    lol stop using common sense with him )

same here i train no gi never had a real BJJ gi class in my life (apart from a few seminars)

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    lol stop using common sense with him )

same here i train no gi never had a real BJJ gi class in my life (apart from a few seminars)
    I trained bjj for over a year but I freaking hate gi's and the school I was at had no-gi as well so the switch was easy.

I trained bjj for over a year but I freaking hate gi's and the school I was at had no-gi as well so the switch was easy.
    Gi's are more real world applicable, unless you spend most of your time on the beach or a nudist resort.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

my school is no gi as well, and would never consider itself a BJJ school, but hell give credit where its due nearnly all the stuff we do is BJJ without the gi

BJJ, judo, sambo, folkstyle/feestyle/greco wrestling, and sub-grappling are systems that "good" because each of these systems have open competitions.

Until catch, as a system, does the same, it will not be good.

***THIS IS CRAP.

p i s s e d off that catch turned their world upside down in the form of one Kazushi Sakuraba back around 1999-2000-2001....
    Ummm... if we were pissed because a supposed catch guy "turned our worlds upside down," shouldn't we be even more pissed off about SAMBO, since a SAMBO guy has been one of the most dominant players in the history of MMA?

Last time I checked, most of the "BJJ nutriders" had a lot of respect for SAMBO.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Gi's are more real world applicable, unless you spend most of your time on the beach or a nudist resort.
    Yeah but wearing a gi is like wearing a sauna. Also in the real world if I'm comfortable with clinches and hand fighting I'll be able to switch to grabbing clothing a lot easier than someone who doesn't grapple will be able to deal with it.

As T. would say I'm training to fight scrubs, and it works. And I do it by training with people who are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    BJJ, judo, sambo, folkstyle/feestyle/greco wrestling, and sub-grappling are systems that "good" because each of these systems have open competitions.

Until catch, as a system, does the same, it will not be good.
    I can't agree and stress that enough. I believe at the end of the day allot more acceptance of catch exists, even when people will not say so openly out of respect for any particular style they train. The reality is Catch outside of maybe CSW doesn't have a strong presence in grappling competitions, and doesn't really have a competition venue.

I respect and look for ideas from everyone, but at the end of the day allot of crazy stuff gets taken off the table when you actively try it on a variety of people.

If catch joins of the ranks of Judo, Sambo, BJJ, "wrestling (all styles)", ect.. I'll personally be one of the people looking carefully for ideas..

The largest "catch" organization actively teaches and incorporates BJJ , Judo and Sambo. (CSW) so I wouldn't include it in any catch comparisons.

So when BJJ guys pulled off some great guard work, for example, back in the early UFC days...

you would have said, that was great "BJJ", right?

But when someone talks of certain sweet "cacc" moves that might be pulled off....the labeling is now "crap", right???!!!

That's cute.
    Um, was this directed at me?

I never said anything that justifies this type of response.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

That's bizarre, Merryprankster.

How in the world could you think that it was directed at you? I don't even remember the last time you and I spoke via posts - it was that long ago. Has to be somewhere around maybe 3-4 years now.

That's bizarre, Merryprankster.

How in the world could you think that it was directed at you? I don't even remember the last time you and I spoke via posts - it was that long ago. Has to be somewhere around maybe 3-4 years now.
    No worries. I was confused too.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli