Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Amazing catch wrestling vid

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    Just because YOU haven't seen the move before - or haven't seen it WORK before - doesn't mean that it won't work.

Take a good look at this cacc submission demoed by Tony Cecchine. I'm sure the odds that you've ever seen it before - and done EXACTLY like this...are slim to none.

But this move is friggin' awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86mqhBE2ip4

...Okay, now I'm done here.
    so you have seen it work or made it work in competition then....cool which comps please share.

you know when a BJJ blackbelt and no gi competiter tells you something might not work if i was you id swollow my pride and acccept what he says

1) You won't lose "position"...CONTROLLING POSITION, that is...if you fall back into heel hook, achilles, or step over toe hold if he pushes with that leg. It'll be too late for him to stand up and gain a controlling position of his own at that point..

sorry but you saying this screams newbie and someone who has never rolled with anyone half decent, as soon as you fall back you lose controlling position, its not too late because you have to throw your leg over, and anyone hlaf decent (ie not a student who has never grappled) will sit up and defend

Frost, you can argue with him until you turn blue and it won't make any difference. He is a believer and as such is immune to rational arguments based on experience.

He is still a that point in his training where he collecting techniques rather than understanding how grappling works as a whole. That's why he is posting all these OMG LOOK AT THIS and OMG CHECK THIS OUT vids. When I first started I bought probably every BJJ book out there.

We have all been through that phase but when you train at a good school you have senior people to show you the error of your ways.

Victor, since you hate BJJ, did you know one of the best Sambo schools anywhere is located in NYC. You should look into it. The owner of the school posts on Bullshido as SamboSteve. Get in touch with him, it will truly improve your grappling game. BTW, Sambo includes striking in their training. Think Fedor.

I don't hate BJJ - I love cacc.

Get over it.

And in fact, come to think of it...that's probably the theme to this thread....and so many other threads on various forums through the years whenever anyone talks highly of cacc.

Invariably a whole bunch of people like you guys have to be given the same message:

GET OVER IT.

It never fails. Haven't seen a thread yet in about 8 years now wherein a number of bjj guys HAVE to try and discredit catch.

It's actually kind of funny at this point....in a pathetic sort of way.

Sakuraba and Barnett be d a m n e d. They're aberrations. What they've done doesn't matter. Until the next guy comes along. And then what he does won't matter either.

It's really getting kind if funny.

Victor, I don't hate cacc. My initial grappling background is in folkstyle wrestling. I don't hate Judo or Sambo or Sumo or BJJ or any other style of wrestling/grappling that trains in a realistic manor and competes. I just don't see cacc as being anything special. So, there's nothing to get over.

BTW, check out the Sambo school in NYC, they are really good and would be a lot closer to cacc in style and mindset than a lot of other submission grappling schools.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    Frost, you can argue with him until you turn blue and it won't make any difference. He is a believer and as such is immune to rational arguments based on experience.

He is still a that point in his training where he collecting techniques rather than understanding how grappling works as a whole. That's why he is posting all these OMG LOOK AT THIS and OMG CHECK THIS OUT vids. When I first started I bought probably every BJJ book out there.

We have all been through that phase but when you train at a good school you have senior people to show you the error of your ways.

Victor, since you hate BJJ, did you know one of the best Sambo schools anywhere is located in NYC. You should look into it. The owner of the school posts on Bullshido as SamboSteve. Get in touch with him, it will truly improve your grappling game. BTW, Sambo includes striking in their training. Think Fedor.
    true , i just find it ironic he goes on and on on the wing chun forum about people not having the expereince to comment on wing chun, and yet here he is a tape trained grappler telling us all what grappling is and now great CACC is...

but then if you think about it it makes sense...

his grappling style is relatively unkown which means he is either a long distance student or tape trained........its unproven to a large extent in actual competition....and is taught by people with iffy backgrounds and lineages no one can agree on....remind you of any other style

Just because YOU haven't seen the move before - or haven't seen it WORK before - doesn't mean that it won't work.

Take a good look at this cacc submission demoed by Tony Cecchine. I'm sure the odds that you've ever seen it before - and done EXACTLY like this...are slim to none.

That choke is fine. Your problem is you have no idea of the difference between what works and what doesn't work because you aren't out there using the various moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    sorry but you saying this screams newbie and someone who has never rolled with anyone half decent, as soon as you fall back you lose controlling position, its not too late because you have to throw your leg over, and anyone hlaf decent (ie not a student who has never grappled) will sit up and defend
    Actually, "half decent" grapplers get caught in leg locks all the time precisely because the person putting on the leg lock prevents them from sitting up and defending. Leg locks put you in no worse position than lying back into an arm bar (in which the opponent often ends up on top if he escapes) or throwing on a triangle (in which the opponent has the chance to stack and pass the guard).

The problem with with the boston crab is that is pretty much violates all the principles that you want to have in place to try to keep the opponent under control.

Despite some (seems now outdated) Brazilian biases against leg locks, they do indeed work.....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    That choke is fine. Your problem is you have no idea of the difference between what works and what doesn't work because you aren't out there using the various moves.

***But yet I somehow managed to know that the choke is fine. Okay.

Must have been a lucky guess.

Even a blind pig finds an acorn every now and then.

LOL... you think every catch technique is fine. Like I said, you don't know the difference between the effective and non-effective ones.

No, of course I don't think that all catch submissions are good. Some are show holds.

But wait...how did I know that?

God, you're such a chest-beating troll.

Now...for sure...I'm done here. Enough is enough.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 07-08-2010 at 07:50 PM.

No, of course I don't think that all catch submissions are good. Some are show holds.

But wait...how did I know that?

God, you're such a chest-beating troll.

Now...for sure...I'm done here. Enough is enough.
    You only know whats a show hold because a video tape said so or some guy said so.
    Once you takeout competition (even ones that allow strikes .. MMA), your stuck on faith. The only other option is to join a large gym and roll with allot of people allot. IE replace competition with competition.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Despite some (seems now outdated) Brazilian biases against leg locks, they do indeed work.....
    as you said outdated. The only issue I see that people make is leg locks are a little more dangerous. Sambo guys practice with them and seem to be fine, so I'm not too caught up in all the worry. I'm actually planning on really studying that style of leg locks (sambo) when I get better down the road. I still feel like I need to work on other things. I'm still getting the basics. that being said people go for knee bars, and straight ankle locks on me all the time. (blue belts and up)..

Tony Cecchine.. a William CHung Sifu suddenly joins the Cecchine cult. You know this guy is one of the biggest losers on the planet. That the whole "catch" community hates him. He has been outed as a lier.

That "choke" as you describe it is not amazing, its retarded

this is amazing:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PJw59SuBHk

thiis is another one thats pretty nice:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5y6...eature=related

and this although not really 100% resistance is pretty nice:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gibp7uFGRqM

Nobody here hates catch, some just fine it humorous that you suddenly are madly in love with allot of moves that are very hard to pull off, often rely on pain rather than more reliable means to cause an opponent to give up. that you advocate striking when grappling when you and none of your students compete in any reputable MMA event (and probably never will). and lastly that although you love to ride Fedor's nut sack, you do not in anyway study Sambo. A sport I will add, that is based on the idea that live practice is a mandatory requirement that and competition.