Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liberal Helen Thomas shows her anti-Semitism

Liberal Helen Thomas shows her anti-Semitism

"Lanny Davis joined Ari Fleischer Sunday in calling for Hearst Corporation to take quick action against legendary White House correspondent Helen Thomas for recently saying that Israel should “get the hell out of Palestine,” and that the Jewish people should go home to “Poland, Germany … and America and everywhere else.”

Thomas was also dropped by her agent Nine Speakers, Inc. Sunday, CNN has learned, and Craig Crawford, who coauthored “Listen Up, Mr. President” with Thomas, said in a blog post that he “will no longer be working with Helen on our book projects.”

Thomas has apologized for her comments that she made to Rabbilive.com about Israel.

Specifically, she was asked, “Any comments on Israel?”

“Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine,” she responded.

The interviewer then asked “Any better comments on Israel?” To which Thomas said, “Remember, these people are occupied and it’s their land. It’s not German’s. It’s not Poland’s.”

Thomas was then asked where the Jews in Israel should go and what they should do? Thomas responded, “They should go home” which the White House reporter identified as “Poland, Germany . . . and America and everywhere else.”

Thomas is considered the “dean” of the White House press corps after decades covering the presidency. The syndicated columnist for Hearst Corporation’s newspapers holds a privileged seat in the front row of the White House press briefing room where she regularly fires sharp questions on the major issues of the day at White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.

In the apology posted on her website Friday, Thomas said she “deeply” regretted her comments. “They do not reflect my heart-felt belief that peace will come to the Middle East only when all parties recognize the need for mutual respect and tolerance. May that day come soon.”

But her apology was not enough for Davis, who served as special counsel to former President Bill Clinton.

“Helen Thomas, who I used to consider a close friend and who I used to respect, has showed herself to be an anti-Semitic bigot,” said Davis. “This is not about her disagreement about her criticisms of Israel. She has a right to criticize Israel and that is not the same as being an anti-Semite.”

Davis added, “If she had asked all Blacks to go back to Africa, what would White House Correspondents Association position be as to whether she deserved White House press room credentials - much less a privileged honorary seat?”

Previously Fleischer, who served as press secretary for former President George W. Bush, said Thomas should be fired because of her remarks. And in a statement provided to CNN Sunday he reiterated that demand.

“Helen's statement calling for the religious cleansing of Israel is reprehensible,” Fleischer said. “If this isn't bigotry, what is? What she said is as bad as someone saying all blacks should leave America and go back to Africa.

“Hearst Newspapers should do the right thing and let Helen go,” Fleischer added in the statement.

Update, 8:33 p.m.: The Anti-Defamation League has provided CNN with a written statement regarding Thomas' remark and apology. "Helen Thomas’s statement of regret does not go far enough. Her remarks were outrageous, offensive and inappropriate," ADL national director Abraham H. Foxman said in the statement. Foxman added, "Her suggestion that Israelis should go back to Poland and Germany is bigoted and shows a profound ignorance of history. We believe Thomas needs to make a more forceful and sincere apology for the pain her remarks have caused.""

http://kungfuqigong.com/forum/newthr...newthread&f=20

You know the remarks are indefensible when other liberals are upset by them.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Helen Thomas is a disgusting vile pig. The planet will be a better place when she takes her seat in hell. No apology will ever be enough, she has shown her true colors although anyone who has read her dreck and listened to her in the last 40 years knows she is racist, anti Semite POS. Rot in hell you vulgar gargoyle.

She just announced her retirement.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Just heard that, now she can serve her dark lord in private. I await the obituary with bated breath. Miserable, vile slag.

it was said that
    You know the remarks are indefensible when other liberals are upset by them.
    but I applaud the sentiment, if not the exact words.
    I did not agree with Helen Thomas wording of her emotional outburst but as an American she has a right to express that belief. I applaud her for standing up and attempting to show how people fear the lobby that controls certain aspect of American foreign policy. It is a shadow policy board that has a calling to those who want to be fed by it. To call her anti-Semitic is a stretch to silence those who speak up, whether we agree with them or not.

FACTS:
    1. Israel has a right to protect itself.
    2. Regardless of the rhetoric, Israel is there to stay and defend itself against all enemies, foreign or domestic

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    I did not agree with Helen Thomas wording of her emotional outburst but as an American she has a right to express that belief. I applaud her for standing up and attempting to show how people fear the lobby that controls certain aspect of American foreign policy. It is a shadow policy board that has a calling to those who want to be fed by it. To call her anti-Semitic is a stretch to silence those who speak up, whether we agree with them or not.

FACTS:
    1. Israel has a right to protect itself.
    2. Regardless of the rhetoric, Israel is there to stay and defend itself against all enemies, foreign or domestic
    I'm not calling her an anti-Semite to "silence those who speak up", I'm doing it because the shoe fits. It's calling a spade a spade, and I feel if it was done more, this country would be a better place.

Also, and hear me out on this and read my entire post please, I prefer that racists/bigots/chauvenists etc are open about it. I like those people to be able to openly show their colors. We should not make these people ashamed of who they are, and here is why; It's better to see them for what they are than to not not know what they are. I'll explain:

Several years ago I was watching one of those trash TV shows. They had some Klan guys on there, and some black guys as well. You get the idea. Well one of the Klan guys was going off on blacks and how they are inferior to him, how they are all on welfare, etc. So the host said, 'You mention welfare. What do you do for a living?' The racist said he owned a roofing company. So the host then asked if he worked on houses owned by black families. The racist said he did. So the host asked why he would do work for the very people that he despises. I'll never forget his answer; He said something to the effect of 'Hey, I hate blacks, yellows, browns, Jews, but I love green'. Since then, I've always preffered racists be open. That way minorities and whites like me who are disgusted by racists can choose to not give our money to racists. But if they keep their racism hidden, decent people have no idea they are lining the pockets of the very people who despise us. Does this make sense?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

LMAO !!
    Free speech indeed !
    ...And the home of the brave....
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    LMAO !!
    Free speech indeed !
    ...And the home of the brave....
    Uh... it is free speech. She will not be prosecuted in a court of law for what she said. However, her career is definitely at risk. Had she been a roofer and said that, nobody would've cared. Her job represents more than just herself, and her behavior can get her "fired".

It irks me when people associate freedom of speech with your boss having to put up with negative PR for the stupid things you say. They don't have to. They have the right to fire you.

And 1Bad... can we not keep bringing up blacks and welfare, even in anecdotes? Every black person I know works their ass off to serve their country, with many giving their lives for us. I don't have to validate their sacrifice to redneck hicks with 3rd grade educations.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

It irks me when people associate freedom of speech with your boss having to put up with negative PR for the stupid things you say. They don't have to. They have the right to fire you.
    Don't worry, she'll be replaced by someone that feels that same, but will just be smart enough to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Uh... it is free speech. She will not be prosecuted in a court of law for what she said. However, her career is definitely at risk. Her job represents more than just herself, and her behavior can get her "fired".
    Exactly

And 1Bad... can we not keep bringing up blacks and welfare, even in anecdotes? Every black person I know works their ass off to serve their country, with many giving their lives for us. I don't have to validate their sacrifice to redneck hicks with 3rd grade educations.
    Do what?!?! Did you read the entire story? I was posting what an admitted racist said, those were not my words at all. And it was a key part (though not the point) of the story. Had the racist not brought up welfare, the rest of the very telling conversation would have never taken place.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 06-07-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Don't worry, she'll be replaced by someone that feels that same, but will just be smart enough to hide it.
    This is also true. And keep in mind, Thomas did manage to hide her anti-Semitism for 50 years.

It would also be very interesting to count the number of times she threw out the word "racist" to Republican Presidents though. Liberal racists are very good at living in glass houses and throwing stones.

Had she been a roofer and said that, nobody would've cared.
    I'm sure some prospective customers of hers would have cared.

I have always been for free speech, you know why?

Because it allows Us the see what is really in people's hearts.

Give people a reason to hide their true selves and that "hidden hate element" will thrive and breed in the shadows, where it loves to be.

Best for these people to have a voice and that voice to be shown in error in the public light, than to grow and fester in the dark with no one to counter it.

I have always been for free speech, you know why?

Because it allows Us the see what is really in people's hearts.

Give people a reason to hide their true selves and that "hidden hate element" will thrive and breed in the shadows, where it loves to be.

Best for these people to have a voice and that voice to be shown in error in the public light, than to grow and fester in the dark with no one to counter it.
    That's EXACTLY the point of my story.

I'd rather know a person I just met is a racist so I know to just avoid the guy. I'd rather have it that way than hang out with a guy, do business with a guy, break bread with a guy, help a guy out, etc and then years later find out he is a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    That's EXACTLY the point of my story.

I'd rather know a person I just met is a racist so I know to just avoid the guy. I'd rather have it that way than hang out with a guy, do business with a guy, break bread with a guy, help a guy out, etc and then years later find out he is a racist.
    Indeed, but her being forced to quit just gives the message that speaking your mind will cost you so it is best to hide your true feelings to the public.
    Even more so when it applies to Israel.
    We know that the Jewish lobby groups wield immense power in the US, just as they do here.
    **** them off at your own peril.