Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaolin Electric Drill to the Head

More on Hu Xiong...or Qiong...whatev...the drillbit to head performer

You must follow the link to see the Youku vids...
    Hu Xiong - the indestructable Kong Fu master from Sichuan [video]

Videos of kungfu master Hu Xiong showing his unique combination of body control and what he calls "new kungfu" skills have made the Sichuanese an international Internet celebrity. Hu comes from a long lineage of martial arts masters, including his grandfather and elder brother, and often demonstrates more traditional kungfu of the Shaolin style in public.

In this video filmed in a Guangyuan public park, the 32-year old performs some of the various tricks he's known for, including stopping a an electric drill with his abdomen, his throat, and his skull and bending solid steel bars by hitting them against his head. He also stops an electric grinding wheel with his hand and bursts a hot water bag by forcefully exhaling air into it through his nose.

Such practice is, of course, not without pain; Hu has shown the marks that these demonstrations have left on his body—swelling, burned-off skin, bleeding, but so far, none have stopped Hu from practicing kungfu and qigong.

In the next video, Master Hu bends a metal rod around his neck and then bends another spear-tipped rod by pushing the spear end against his throat. As if that weren't impressive enough, a disciple then places a brick against the back of Hu's neck and breaks it in half with a sledgehammer.

In this video, Hu demonstrates more traditional skills of Shaolin kungfu: Immediately having a massive wooden stick broken over his head, Hu goes into a headstand with his legs in a horizontal split. His assistant then uses a wooden stick to hit him with full force in the groin, breaking the second stick.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Another electric drill Shaoliner

I'm changing the title of this thread from 'Shaolin bodyguards' to 'Shaolin Electric Drill to the Head' and moving the lone Bodyguard post to a new thread.

Monk who needs meditation like a hole in the head: Kung fu master uses electric drill on his temple without breaking the skin

Shaolin monk held running drill against his head for full 10 seconds
    He also lies on metal spikes and bends iron bars with his throat
    Intended to show body strength after years of martial arts training

By Mail Online Reporter

Published: 05:54 EST, 18 March 2015 | Updated: 07:10 EST, 18 March 2015

While it may look like a particularly gruesome DIY lobotomy, this Shaolin monk in Chinais showing how he has trained his body to withstand incredibly sharp objects.

In a series of stunts that should most certainly not be tried at home, Zhao Rui held a running electric drill to the side of his head without breaking the skin, bent an iron bar against a wall with his throat, and led on metal spears while breaking stones with his head.

According to People's Daily Online, Zhao held the powerful drill against his temple for 10 seconds - but only left a small red mark where it had been.

Headache: Zhao Rui holds a running power drill against his head for 10 seconds without injury

The display was intended to show how the 24-year-old had trained his body during his years of martial arts training - and his skills have made him a celebrity in his home city of Mianzhu in south-western China's Sichuan province.

But the 24-year-old admitted that he has previously accidentally drilled a hole in his head when practising the stunt, ripping off a large piece of skin.

He said: 'It was pretty painful but I got better and I learned from the experience and now I can practice pretty often without any problems.'

And to prove the point he held a drill against his head for 10 seconds.

Bending the rules: He also bends iron bars between his throat and a wall

Scoring points: His routine also involves lying on metal spikes while breaking stones over his head

Eyewitness Lian Tang, 25, said: 'It was incredible because after he removed it, there was no blood, only a bright red mark where the drill head had been.'

The kung fu master started learning martial arts as a child after becoming fascinated with the discipline and at the age of 16 ran away to join a Shaolin Temple.

He mainly wanted to learn Sanda (Chinese kick-boxing) and 'hard Qigong', which draws strength from the inner energy force known as qi.

He studied there for two years before leaving to continue his studies in kung fu from other masters - and now he is a master himself.

The drill is just one of the stunts he uses to demonstrate his skill, and he also can use his supertough skin to lie on sharpened spears without any of them piercing his body, or can bend an iron bar by pressing it between his throat and a wall.

He said: 'I believe in making my body super tough. Believe it or not I used to be quite nervous as a youngster but now that I can break stones with my head I have found it has given me lots of self-confidence.'
    Monks are trained at the Shaolin Temple from a young age
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Some video

You got to follow the link for this embedded vid. You can't really see the head-drilling stunt well, but the pulling-the-car-with-a-blade-to-the-throat is amusing as I haven't seen this variation of such a stunt before. I like that blade in a cheesey sort of way.

A man of steel & stone: Shaolin Kung-Fu master uses electric drill on his skull (GRAPHIC VIDEO)
    Published time: March 27, 2015 11:26

Screenshot from Ruptly video

A Shaolin Kung-Fu master uses AN electric drill on his skull, tries to pierce himself with iron spears, and cuts his throat with a steel blade, all in the stunning footage obtained by RT.

In the video, Zhao Rui performs a series of incredible stunts, intending to demonstrate how he had trained his body over the years of practicing martial arts.

The 24-year-old is known as a celebrity in his hometown Mianzhu, southwest China.

He began learning martial arts as a child, and ran away to join a Shaolin temple when he was 16. He studied for two years, before continuing his training with Kung-Fu masters.

Zhao Rui had previously drilled a hole in his head while ripping off a piece of his skin, he told The Daily Mail earlier this month.

“It was pretty painful but I got better and I learned from the experience and now I can practice pretty often without any problems,” he said.

“I believe in making my body super tough. Believe it or not, I used to be quite nervous as a youngster but now that I can break stones with my head I have found it has given me lots of self-confidence,” the Kung-Fu master added.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

More on Zhao Rui

Invincible Kung Fu Master's Body Defies Electric Drill and Iron Spears © Photo: Youtube/Sputnik
    VIDEOCLUB
    20:07 11.12.2017

Check out this mind-blowing demonstration of superpowers by Zhao Rui, a 26-year-old Shaolin monk who lives in Mianzhu, China’s Sichuan province.
    As a teenager, Rui ran away from home to join a Shaolin Temple, where he learned martial arts from other masters for several years. Now he is a master himself. In the video below, the young monk can be seen performing a series of stunts, such as: holding a powerful drill against his head, without it even breaking his skin; bending an iron rod against a wall with his throat; lying on metal spears while stones are broken against his back and pulling a car while wearing a machete harness.

Does Zhao Rui need his own indie thread soon?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips