Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Biggest Problem with Wing Chun

Quote Originally Posted by shawchemical View Post
    ... you don't seem to be able to see where you fudge lines to make ad hominem attacks ...
    I love irony.
    When you control the hands and feet, there are no secrets.
    http://www.Moyyat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan View Post
    I love irony.
    I call it how it is. If you feel that the comments are unjustified, please find me in contradiction with a previously held position, to which I reply to the person informing me of such a contradiction with personal attacks.

I make no apologies for calling bull**** when I smell it, and T and Knife fighter dribble it more than most.
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

Here's another wing chun problem

Many wing chun people have neglected body strengthening, conditioning, stretching, and cardio exercises. There's been a long history of this - with some notable exceptions.

And with that it mind, I'd like to share an absolutely amazing body weight exercise vid I just came across. Karl Gotch himself would have been proud of this !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfsTKfUT-RQ

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    Many wing chun people have neglected body strengthening, conditioning, stretching, and cardio exercises. There's been a long history of this - with some notable exceptions.

And with that it mind, I'd like to share an absolutely amazing body weight exercise vid I just came across. Karl Gotch himself would have been proud of this !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfsTKfUT-RQ
    Vic, that guy is utterly amazing.

Pretty sure the Olympic Gymnasts would be proud of that sort of core strength, balance and flexibility.
    The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.
    -sun tzu

I'll tell ya, shaw...I'm gonna try some of his stuff on my chin up bar...I hope my arms don't fall off. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by shawchemical View Post
    Vic, that guy is utterly amazing.

Pretty sure the Olympic Gymnasts would be proud of that sort of core strength, balance and flexibility.
    Yeah, but what's up with those chicken legs?

I'm sure he wouldn't want to be kicked down there.

Just kidding really... that guy is definitely impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    I'll tell ya, shaw...I'm gonna try some of his stuff on my chin up bar...I hope my arms don't fall off. LOL
    I've seen smallish rock climbers do that before, but noone that big.

granted, he may be smaller than he appears if it is a children's playground, but that doens't take anything away from his power 2 weight ratio.

Not sure what you guys are talking about regarding his legs, did you see the size of his thighs under his shorts??

At least he doesn't have cankles.
    -sun tzu