Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iraqi veterans running for Congress

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    So you don't have any examples then, right?

I figured you wouldn't.
    Hardly. I didn't look. You made the claim...

Of course Blumenthal didn't count on the press digging too deep, he's a Democrat. They are used to being able to lie, cheat, and steal and not have to worry about the press. FoxNews changed all that.
    ...without a shred of evidence. Since your claim precedes mine, I would have expected some sort of proof. Though I've learned by now not to expect any for your more "inventive" claims.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    ...without a shred of evidence. Since your claim precedes mine, I would have expected some sort of proof. Though I've learned by now not to expect any for your more "inventive" claims.
    Ok, fine.

The mainstream press (ABS, CBS, NBC) has covered for Democrats before. I can think of two huge examples. 1) Who broke the Lewinsky scandal? It wasn't the mainstream press... 2) Who broke the John Edwards affair and love child scandal? Again, it was not the mainstream press...

And in both examples, the mainstream press knew of the stories and sat on them.

And we also had Dan Rather and CBS accepting Kinko's copies as proof that G.W. Bush lied about his military service.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Now it's your turn to cite examples to back up your assertions.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Ok, fine.

The mainstream press (ABS, CBS, NBC) has covered for Democrats before. I can think of two huge examples. 1) Who broke the Lewinsky scandal? It wasn't the mainstream press... 2) Who broke the John Edwards affair and love child scandal? Again, it was not the mainstream press...

And in both examples, the mainstream press knew of the stories and sat on them.

And we also had Dan Rather and CBS accepting Kinko's copies as proof that G.W. Bush lied about his military service.
    So you're equating Fox News with the National Enquirer...interesting.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Now it's your turn to cite examples to back up your assertions.
    Dana Perino on Fox News: "We did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush's term."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kpfhGxJbLc

And not corrected by Sean Hannity.

Neil Cavuto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihdb2...layer_embedded

"We covered the follow-up marches to that Million Man March..."

"We do not pick and choose these rallies and protests. We were there for the Million Man March, even though, as I pointed out, it turned out to be well shy of a million men."

"You seem to pick and choose what events and protests were worthy. Million Man March, worthy, even though it wasn’t a million men, it was half a million. We covered that because we thought it had a worthy message too. "

"But a Million March March that turns out to be well shy of a million men — even half a million men — does count for them. We covered the follow-up marches to that Million Man March, because no matter the number, it was a big deal."

The Million Man March took place in 1995.

Fox News didn't come into exitence until 1996

Newt Gingrich:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...gate-american/

"Gingrich claims Obama's order will let Interpol investigate American officials...

...'So you're saying that if there was any abuse by the CIA or something like that, that Interpol now has more authority to come into the United States and investigate it?' O'Reilly asked.

'Yes,' the Georgia Republican replied...

...The key problem with this notion is that Interpol couldn't investigate CIA or American officials, because Interpol doesn't do investigations. Although Interpol is often portrayed in movies as an international police force, solving crimes and arresting bad guys, its actual purposes are modest: It helps police organizations in different countries communicate and coordinate actions, provides databases of crime information (fingerprints, stolen artwork, names of suspected terrorists), training and other support services. It doesn't arrest anyone, and doesn't even have its own officers. Instead, police forces from around the world loan their officers to the organization...

...That's exactly what Gingrich's claims are: conspiracy theories, based on wild conjecture, not reality. For fanning the flames of paranoia, Gringrich's claims earn a Pants on Fire."

Bill O'Reilly:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...jail-time-not/

"O'Reilly says no one on Fox raised issue of jail time for not paying health coverage penalties...

...It turns out that several Fox shows did mention the possibility of jail time. Here are some examples:

• Paul Gigot, host of the Journal Editorial Reports, Oct. 3, 2009

'Democrats want to require you to buy health insurance or pay a penalty. But they don't want you to call it a tax. Under the Baucus bill, the so-called individual mandate would require everyone to buy health insurance or pay as much as a $1,900 fee. If you don't pay up, the IRS could punish you with a $25,000 fine or a year in jail...'

...• Andrew Napolitano, guest-hosting the Glenn Beck Program, Nov. 10, 2009

'For the first time in American history, if this bill becomes law, the feds will force you to buy insurance you might not want or may not need or cannot afford. If you don't purchase what the government tells you to buy, if you don't do so when they tell you to do it, if you don't buy just what they say is right for you, the government may fine you, prosecute you, and even put you in jail.'

• Glenn Beck, on his Fox show, Nov. 12, 2009

'But if you don't play by their new rules on health care -- oh, here's a new little twist. Have you heard this? You're going to be looking at a fun little stint in jail...'

...We rate his claim Pants on Fire!"

Sarah Palin:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-building-cod/

"In a Fox News interview with Sean Hannity on June 8, 2009, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin criticized the stimulus package as a 'dizzying debt that we're handing to our kids.'

She said, 'I vetoed a bucket of the money, not a whole lot, we did accept education dollars and infrastructure dollars, but dollars that were tied to universal energy building codes for Alaska, kind of a one-size-fits-all building code that isn't going to work up there in Alaska and really prohibits opportunity to build and to develop, and just wasn't going to work up there in Alaska, so I vetoed a bucket of that money...

...But the experience of Missouri and the explicit letter from the Department of Energy to Palin's office made clear the feds are not imposing a 'one-size-fits-all' building code. Palin sounds like someone looking for a fight when there isn't one. We find her statement to be False."

Eric Cantor:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...300000-sculpt/

"In an interview with Fox News on Jan. 23, 2009, Virginia Rep. Eric Cantor, the House Republican whip, said that in a meeting with President Obama, Cantor asked if he 'could use his influence on this process to try and get the pork barrel spending out of the bill. I mean, there's $300,000 for a sculpture garden in Miami....'

...The bottom line here is that Cantor specifically identified the sculpture garden as part of the stimulus package when it just isn't — which his staff acknowledges. And he has made that false claim repeatedly. He was quoted saying something similar in a Richmond newspaper.

That's not just sculpting the facts. That's Pants on Fire wrong."

So you're equating Fox News with the National Enquirer...interesting.
    In the sense that they both report news faster, and more truthfully than the mainstream press, yes.

It's telling when the National Enquirer is more honest than the mainstream press.

Not one of those examples is FoxNews covering for lying, cheating, or stealing as you said. So try again.

In those examples they had on guests who said stuff that was incorrect. How is that FoxNews covering for lying, cheating, and stealing done by Republicans, as you asserted?

Dana Perino on Fox News: "We did not have a terrorist attack on our country during President Bush's term."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kpfhGxJbLc

And not corrected by Sean Hannity.

Neil Cavuto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ihdb2...layer_embedded

"We covered the follow-up marches to that Million Man March..."

"We do not pick and choose these rallies and protests. We were there for the Million Man March, even though, as I pointed out, it turned out to be well shy of a million men."

"You seem to pick and choose what events and protests were worthy. Million Man March, worthy, even though it wasn’t a million men, it was half a million. We covered that because we thought it had a worthy message too. "

"But a Million March March that turns out to be well shy of a million men — even half a million men — does count for them. We covered the follow-up marches to that Million Man March, because no matter the number, it was a big deal."

The Million Man March took place in 1995.

Fox News didn't come into exitence until 1996

Newt Gingrich:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...gate-american/

"Gingrich claims Obama's order will let Interpol investigate American officials...

...'So you're saying that if there was any abuse by the CIA or something like that, that Interpol now has more authority to come into the United States and investigate it?' O'Reilly asked.

'Yes,' the Georgia Republican replied...

...The key problem with this notion is that Interpol couldn't investigate CIA or American officials, because Interpol doesn't do investigations. Although Interpol is often portrayed in movies as an international police force, solving crimes and arresting bad guys, its actual purposes are modest: It helps police organizations in different countries communicate and coordinate actions, provides databases of crime information (fingerprints, stolen artwork, names of suspected terrorists), training and other support services. It doesn't arrest anyone, and doesn't even have its own officers. Instead, police forces from around the world loan their officers to the organization...

...That's exactly what Gingrich's claims are: conspiracy theories, based on wild conjecture, not reality. For fanning the flames of paranoia, Gringrich's claims earn a Pants on Fire."

Bill O'Reilly:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...jail-time-not/

"O'Reilly says no one on Fox raised issue of jail time for not paying health coverage penalties...

...It turns out that several Fox shows did mention the possibility of jail time. Here are some examples:

• Paul Gigot, host of the Journal Editorial Reports, Oct. 3, 2009

'Democrats want to require you to buy health insurance or pay a penalty. But they don't want you to call it a tax. Under the Baucus bill, the so-called individual mandate would require everyone to buy health insurance or pay as much as a $1,900 fee. If you don't pay up, the IRS could punish you with a $25,000 fine or a year in jail...'

...• Andrew Napolitano, guest-hosting the Glenn Beck Program, Nov. 10, 2009

'For the first time in American history, if this bill becomes law, the feds will force you to buy insurance you might not want or may not need or cannot afford. If you don't purchase what the government tells you to buy, if you don't do so when they tell you to do it, if you don't buy just what they say is right for you, the government may fine you, prosecute you, and even put you in jail.'

• Glenn Beck, on his Fox show, Nov. 12, 2009

'But if you don't play by their new rules on health care -- oh, here's a new little twist. Have you heard this? You're going to be looking at a fun little stint in jail...'

...We rate his claim Pants on Fire!"

Sarah Palin:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-building-cod/

"In a Fox News interview with Sean Hannity on June 8, 2009, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin criticized the stimulus package as a 'dizzying debt that we're handing to our kids.'

She said, 'I vetoed a bucket of the money, not a whole lot, we did accept education dollars and infrastructure dollars, but dollars that were tied to universal energy building codes for Alaska, kind of a one-size-fits-all building code that isn't going to work up there in Alaska and really prohibits opportunity to build and to develop, and just wasn't going to work up there in Alaska, so I vetoed a bucket of that money...

...But the experience of Missouri and the explicit letter from the Department of Energy to Palin's office made clear the feds are not imposing a 'one-size-fits-all' building code. Palin sounds like someone looking for a fight when there isn't one. We find her statement to be False."

Eric Cantor:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...300000-sculpt/

"In an interview with Fox News on Jan. 23, 2009, Virginia Rep. Eric Cantor, the House Republican whip, said that in a meeting with President Obama, Cantor asked if he 'could use his influence on this process to try and get the pork barrel spending out of the bill. I mean, there's $300,000 for a sculpture garden in Miami....'

...The bottom line here is that Cantor specifically identified the sculpture garden as part of the stimulus package when it just isn't — which his staff acknowledges. And he has made that false claim repeatedly. He was quoted saying something similar in a Richmond newspaper.

That's not just sculpting the facts. That's Pants on Fire wrong."
    It bears repeating. Some people need to have it hammered into their head that they are on the wrong track. It's remarkable how tightly some people cling to their BS.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It's remarkable how tightly some people cling to their BS.
    Like Dan Rather?

Funny part is, the Tea Party is being played like a fiddle. These are just politicians telling you what you want to hear. It's like a millionaire complaining about the wealthy.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Not one of those examples is FoxNews covering for lying, cheating, or stealing as you said. So try again.

In those examples they had on guests who said stuff that was incorrect. How is that FoxNews covering for lying, cheating, and stealing done by Republicans, as you asserted?
    No, you claimed:

They are used to being able to lie, cheat, and steal and not have to worry about the press. FoxNews changed all that.
    Well, I just listed numerous examples of Fox News allowing Republicans to lie and not calling them on it. They didn't misspeak, they lied.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Funny part is, the Tea Party is being played like a fiddle. These are just politicians telling you what you want to hear. It's like a millionaire complaining about the wealthy.
    How so?

The Tea Party candidate in Kentucky (Rand Paul) won the Republican primary. And now the Republican Party has said they are fully backing his campaign.

And how do you know they are just telling people what they want to hear? They haven't been elected yey. So how can you say they won't keep their word if they are elected?

Well, I just listed numerous examples of Fox News allowing Republicans to lie and not calling them on it. They didn't misspeak, they lied.
    No, that's a cop out.

I want an example of them sitting on news that would hurt a Republican. I gave two examples of the mainstream press sitting on stories, and now it's your turn to show Fox doing the same thing.

They didn't misspeak, they lied.
    How do you know that? Did they tell you?

Everyone on this board has made errors or misstyped. It happens, and it's totally different than lying.

How so?

The Tea Party candidate in Kentucky (Rand Paul) won the Republican primary. And now the Republican Party has said they are fully backing his campaign.

And how do you know they are just telling people what they want to hear? They haven't been elected yey. So how can you say they won't keep their word if they are elected?
    If you can't figure that one out, then you don't really belong in a political discussion.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"