Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Iraqi veterans running for Congress

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    If you can't figure that one out, then you don't really belong in a political discussion.
    Please inform me then.

I feel the Republicans are not turning their backs on Tea Party-type candidates. So if you feel I'm wrong, please elaborate.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Please inform me then.

I feel the Republicans are not turning their backs on Tea Party-type candidates. So if you feel I'm wrong, please elaborate.
    They aren't turning their backs on them. They are feeding them everything they want to hear. It's politics as usual.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    They aren't turning their backs on them. They are feeding them everything they want to hear. It's politics as usual.
    We shall see. You MAY be right, but we wont know until these people start actually voting once elected (assuming they win the elections of course). Maybe they will be honest and vote like they said they would, like Ron Paul does. Of course they be telling people what they want to hear in order to get elected, like Obama did. But I don't see how you can predict that now.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    We shall see. You MAY be right, but we wont know until these people start actually voting once elected (assuming they win the elections of course). Maybe they will be honest and vote like they said they would, like Ron Paul does. Of course they be telling people what they want to hear in order to get elected, like Obama did. But I don't see how you can predict that now.
    Based on about 200+ years of observed behaviors.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"