Thread: Ricardo Mayorga vs Din Thomas this Saturday

Ricardo Mayorga vs Din Thomas this Saturday

This will be the highest profile boxer to try MMA so far. I say Thomas should win easily though, as he has alot of MMA fights and Mayorga is openly admitting he is not training any grappling.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

This fight might not take place. I heard this morning that Don King is trying to get his greasy hands in the mix of things. I guess Mayorga is contracted with him. However this was not set up through King being a MMA fight. So King is trying to block him from fighting. The promoters at Shine apparently don't think King has any legal grounds since its not a boxing match. Courts will decide it though. In the end its just King trying to get a free paycheck, or barring that put some fear into people to not go around or over his head.

A court sided with Don King.

joy chaudhuri

A court sided with Don King.

joy chaudhuri

Looks like King is screwing with MMA like he screwed with boxing during the 80s-90s.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams