Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Martialskill's Lan Jie DVD

Monkeyfoot,

Glad my review was helpful!

Richard A. Tolson

Quote Originally Posted by Fei Yan View Post
    In one of the reviews it claims that Wes Hardy has experience in the Chiu Chi Man and Wong Hun Fun lines and I am interested in who he claims as his teacher in these lines.

I know for a fact that Wes Hardy studied with Sifu Tim McFarland for only a few years and never made it past an intermediate level. Sifu Tim McFarland does not belong to either Chiu Chi Man or Wong Hun Fun's lines. His line comes through Wang Xing Han, to Wang Chuan Yi, Back to Fan Xu Tong.

Although Sifu McFarland does have close ties to Lee Kam Wing and Brendan Lai (RIP), Wes Hardy himself never studied with either of them for more than possibly a few hours at a seminar, and definitely could not be considered a student of theirs.

What we have here is a beginning/intermediate student (wes), passing on his limited knowledge to Sean, who is now attempting to cash in by creating DVD's and websites.

Sincerely,
    Josh Goessling
    California Martial Arts Institute (Formerly North Bay Kung Fu and Karate)
    www.calmartialarts.com
    First I want to thank you for sharing that information with us.However,since there is no governing body to protect the people from charlatans who anoint themselves titles as "sifu" or exploit a dead practitioner's name in order to prop themselves up.There is not much we can do to stop these clowns.I exposed one of these knuckleheads on this forum a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Luk Hop View Post
    Well said.

Although I have no knowledge of any of the above mentioned practitioners, this does however sum up a number of the Mantis teachers currently in the field.

A little studying here, a seminar or two over there and then poof!!!! A master is born.
    Very true.In that case I would now like to declare that I'm a sifu.I have no proof,certificate,pictures,ceremony,etc.I'll attach my name to a real practitioner's name(preferably a dead one so you can't verify it).Now buy my dvd's and give me money.

Funny that you should mention those two names.

He has come. Yes, the Mantis Messiah now walketh the earth amongst us. Whoever believeth and only those who do may enter the halls of the MQ. For those who lack faith, thou art shunned, but for those who do believe – ahh, the annals of Mantisology will begin to unfold before thy very eyes. Oh, how we are so unworthy of the omniscient Mantis Messiah! Why does he continue to forsake us by not sharing more with us here on this forum? Oh why....oh why.......oh why?
    Don't worry one of little faith.The false prophet shall demonstrate his power.He shall whine to Gene Ching,use doctored documents,threaten lawsuits against unbelievers,and then this thread will disappear!Then the false prophet shall continue his great work.For he has found yet another true,great martial artist who has passed away to use in order to prop himself up even more.

I am not a Northern Mantis practioner and know very little about it or its politics.
    I am however a moderator here on this forum, though not responsible for this PARTICULAR sub-forum.
    I will say this, in regards to the THREAD SUBJECT, it seems only Richard is on topic.
    I think that if others have issues with lineages or such, another thread may be in order, UNLESS Richard, since HE started the thread, is "OK" with the thread going the direction it seems to be going.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Aren't you suppose to post a picture or something. I don't know - maybe something like this:

All is good now?

LOL

Aren't you suppose to post a picture or something. I don't know - maybe something like this:

All is good now?

LOL
    While I approve of THAT type of Highjack , nevertheless I get wary when people insinuate "fraud" or "lineage issues", there is too much talk of that in TCMA as it is.
    Last edited by sanjuro_ronin; 06-01-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Sanjuro Ronin,

NO, I am NOT in favor of this thread being high-jacked in that manner!

Like I said previously, I have no connection with these people in question. However, as my review stated, they are putting out a quality product that I do endorse.

And if their detractors get around to ever sharing something of value, I will gladly review their product too and see if it is of similar quality. Of course that would mean not hiding behind avatar's. Which a least Mr. Goessling was man enough not to do.

Richard A. Tolson

There you have it, if those with "issues" with the people involved in the DVD want to express those "issues", please start a different thread.
    Thank you.

and please get rid of the images (mods). Yes they're nice women, great, but this is a legit topic and all it encourages is further hijacking

this forum REALLY SUCKS!

Are you gay or something? They have everything to do with mantis.
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Are you gay or something?
    Well that was a predictable response... Well done Jake, great reply...

I'd much prefer to visit a forum full of interesting Kung Fu discussion, rather than trawl through pages of bollacks.

If you need pics of girls on a kung fu forum, maybe you need to get out more This and all the silly arguments are what drives serious discussion away from these forums.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T England View Post
    If you need pics of girls on a kung fu forum, maybe you need to get out more This and all the silly arguments are what drives serious discussion away from these forums.

Paul
    Look guys, lets not highjack the thread because of a picture, ok?
    Seriously, I wonder about you guys sometimes...
    Just ignore it and get on with the thread.
    Whatever reason Luk Hop posted it, I am sure it was just in good natured fun.

It is KFO... hardly ever any decent, serious conversations on here. Much rather look at a hot chick then listen to the banter!

JAB
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    It is KFO... hardly ever any decent, serious conversations on here. Much rather look at a hot chick then listen to the banter!

JAB
    I think that is rather harsh, no?
    I mean, sure there is a lot of trolling in the WC forum, but there is good stuff in the southern, in the health and training, even in the general Kung fu one too.
    Sure there is a lot of crap, but that is normal with ALL MA forums.