Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Martialskill's Lan Jie DVD

I`ll be honest, I appreciated the slight but pleasant detour. Your the man SR.
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

Quote Originally Posted by yu shan View Post
    I`ll be honest, I appreciated the slight but pleasant detour. Your the man SR.
    I didn't post it.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

A bit more here then elsewhere Sanjuro. Though I have to say RSF has goten as bad as any, so perhaps KFO is rising if for no other reason others are dropping
    JAB
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    A bit more here then elsewhere Sanjuro. Though I have to say RSF has goten as bad as any, so perhaps KFO is rising if for no other reason others are dropping
    JAB
    If you feel that way then any suggestion to make this place better would be greatly appreciated.

Of course making people post their real names would always help.

and yes i understand that many would not do that. It would be a great day when all would not feel the need to hide behind the net and say things they would NEVER say to another face in reality.

But thats me. Old school old man who never hides behind anything when I have something to say.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Dale brings up a great point! I usually will not even enter into a discussion without someone posting a real name.

Honestly Sanjuro it is par for the course with the net, forums, and martial artist's. Especially CMA! Too much metaphysical mumbo jumbo, and not enough real sparring and technique. Certainly not absent from BJJ forums, but a lot less frequent with the bantering.

Otherwise the only tidbit I would offer is quit letting everyone and their brother sign up here. Be selective with whom you accept. That becomes time consuming though.

Cheers
    Jake
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Of course making people post their real names would always help.

and yes i understand that many would not do that. It would be a great day when all would not feel the need to hide behind the net and say things they would NEVER say to another face in reality.

But thats me. Old school old man who never hides behind anything when I have something to say.
    Agreed!

And moderators who deleted meaningless posts from the board. I did that on my board and only serious peeps stayed. After a while the clowns get the idea and quit posting BS.

Richard A. Tolson

Dale brings up a great point! I usually will not even enter into a discussion without someone posting a real name.

Honestly Sanjuro it is par for the course with the net, forums, and martial artist's. Especially CMA! Too much metaphysical mumbo jumbo, and not enough real sparring and technique. Certainly not absent from BJJ forums, but a lot less frequent with the bantering.

Otherwise the only tidbit I would offer is quit letting everyone and their brother sign up here. Be selective with whom you accept. That becomes time consuming though.

Cheers
    Jake
    Well, you have the advantage of having a very good and down to earth Sifu, not all have been so blessed and there is a lot of BS that needs to be eradicated, it just will take a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Agreed!

And moderators who deleted meaningless posts from the board. I did that on my board and only serious peeps stayed. After a while the clowns get the idea and quit posting BS.

Richard A. Tolson
    I do the best I can on my sub-forums but to be honest it's more work than it's worth sometimes.
    I do subscribe to the theory "let them rave so all may know them to be mad", but even I lose my patience with them.

Brother I have been through the BS ad nauseam and been ****ed over more than I care to admit (even by a handful of people on this board). Common decency is not so common anymore. But I appreciate the kind words.
    JAB
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com

Brother I have been through the BS ad nauseam and been ****ed over more than I care to admit (even by a handful of people on this board). Common decency is not so common anymore. But I appreciate the kind words.
    JAB
    I can't argue with you nor will I try.
    I've been through it also, here, on my former board truthmartialarts, on Bullshido, and so forth.
    People hate to be called on their BS and they hate when someone says that they and what they do is NOT special.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I can't argue with you nor will I try.
    I've been through it also, here, on my former board truthmartialarts, on Bullshido, and so forth.
    People hate to be called on their BS and they hate when someone says that they and what they do is NOT special.
    If the people who have more than just BS waste their time arguing with those who are full of it, it's all BS.

We don't need nannies, no matter how much we act like we do.

SR - QFT!

Cheers,
    JAB
    Jake Burroughs
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com