Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce: FEDOR VS. WERDUM (Cung Le rematch w/Scott Smith)

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    OK, its agreed then, kung fu is superior.

Thank God, we can finally move on....
    move on to what?!? good lord man, it's pretty much the end of the forum; well, ok, that's it then, shut it all down, donate the bandwidth to Sri Lankan orphans and put Gene and the Got Qi girls into cryosuspension, to be awoken only when the world is most in need of a hero;

They actually asked that question post interview - whether he tapped to the triangle or the armbar. He responded it was the triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Congrats to Cung, but am I the only one who thinks he looks like ****?? He looks like he has been abusing drugs or alcohol or something.
    Nice fight though!
    JAB
    It couldn't be anything like lack of sleep due to his wife just having a c-section and the birth of his child recently or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    move on to what?!? good lord man, it's pretty much the end of the forum; well, ok, that's it then, shut it all down, donate the bandwidth to Sri Lankan orphans and put Gene and the Got Qi girls into cryosuspension, to be awoken only when the world is most in need of a hero;
    The interweb is closed.

Go home.

Nothing happening here.

Obama switched the switch.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Blog Entries
    The 10 Elements of Choy Lay Fut:
    Kum, Na, Gwa, Sau, Chop, Pow, Kup, Biu, Ding, Jong

The 13 Principles of Taijiquan:
    Ward Off, Roll Back, Press, Push, Pluck, Elbow, Shoulder, Split, Forward, Back, Left, Right, Central Equilibrium

And it doesn't hurt to practice stuff from:
    Mounts, Guards, and Side Mounts!

Austin Kung-Fu Academy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r254n...ture=topvideos

That triangle was tight, watch the color of his head change.. he didn't turn purple.. but you can tell its tight..

To get it really tight Werdum would have been more at a 45 degree angle.
    No thats one way to make a triangle tighter.. but some people are able to do it without turning that much.

I really thought it would be a quick fight for Fedor to knock out Werdum. I knew Fedor was over rated, and has been ducking people.. but this was a major shocker. My only explanation could be he didn't take the fight seriously, and Werdum did.

I hate to keep saying this but in my opinion BJJ's bread and butter isn't the guard its escaping bad situations. I have found that black belt Sambo guys (no offense) do not have the best submission defenses... that being said I'm still amazed at the fight.. and that he tapped..

WTF was he thinking allowing Werdum to play his style??
    He obviously didn't respect Werdum's JJ... something I assumed a fighter of his caliber wouldn't do.

You gust know that the chances of ANY fighter being undeafeated is almost zero, right?
    So he lost 1 fight, big deal.
    Revenge will be all the sweeter
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r254n...ture=topvideos

That triangle was tight, watch the color of his head change.. he didn't turn purple.. but you can tell its tight..

No thats one way to make a triangle tighter.. but some people are able to do it without turning that much.

I really thought it would be a quick fight for Fedor to knock out Werdum. I knew Fedor was over rated, and has been ducking people.. but this was a major shocker. My only explanation could be he didn't take the fight seriously, and Werdum did.

I hate to keep saying this but in my opinion BJJ's bread and butter isn't the guard its escaping bad situations. I have found that black belt Sambo guys (no offense) do not have the best submission defenses... that being said I'm still amazed at the fight.. and that he tapped..

WTF was he thinking allowing Werdum to play his style??
    He obviously didn't respect Werdum's JJ... something I assumed a fighter of his caliber wouldn't do.
    Fedor ducking and over rated ok...who has he ducked exactly.....he fought cro cop in his prime, nog in his prime, olovski and silva both former UFC champs, randleman coleman etc

His sub defence was good enough to shut down nog over and over, he got lazy didnt train as much got over confident and wanted a quick win when he saw he was hurt and forgot to defend the subs..if anything the last 2 fights show he is not training the ground as much as his stand up

anyone think a rematch would go the same way......?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You gust know that the chances of ANY fighter being undeafeated is almost zero, right?
    So he lost 1 fight, big deal.
    Revenge will be all the sweeter
    yep he will train hard and wreck the guy on his return

I am not talking bags under the eyes looking, I am saying he looked like hell. Not very healthy looking.

JAB
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

well his knows look broken and it loosk liek he has built up some scar tissue aroun his brow that and he has beent raining full time jetting around asia to film and has kids so..............

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    I am not talking bags under the eyes looking, I am saying he looked like hell. Not very healthy looking.

JAB
    He's 38 and probably had a hard time keeping the weight off. He was a little soft around the midsection for the previous fight.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Cung still kicks like a horse

I just posted some pics from the open workout last week. I should have posted them earlier but I got sidetracked with deadlines and Legends of Kung Fu.

Wish I had her abs.

Jav & Josh

If you ever get the chance to be in the room when Cung kicks pads, it's deafening.

There's more on our FB & MS.
    I merged all the threads on this fight because I'm anal that way.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

If you think it's scary to WATCH him hit pads, what about getting kicked by him

Some of us on here have been kicked by Cung, LOL
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Here's a youtube

It probably won't last - Cung Le vs Scott Smith full fight part2 - the ref is in the way of that big shot. lkfmdc's clip is better. you can see it in the replay.

Here's a nice shot I'm poaching off facebook
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart