Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce: FEDOR VS. WERDUM (Cung Le rematch w/Scott Smith)

Strikeforce: FEDOR VS. WERDUM (Cung Le rematch w/Scott Smith)

im looking forward to it myself, i think it will be a great fight.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

"Upset loss.."??????
    Cung is way overrated! If, BIG IF, he REALLY wants to fight, then he needs to focus on it and develop his game. Otherwise ****ing around with this acting crap is only going to get him hurt in one of these fights, and be embarrassing for him!

Don't get me wrong I think he has great potential, and I like him. He just needs to quit sitting on the fence and commit to one or the other; fighting vs. acting. Personally I think he is a better fighter than actor, but one hurts a lot less I imagine!

JAB
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

how is he overrated guy constantly gets **** hurled at him

alright!!!! glad to see he didnt hang it up then he jsut got sloppy and gassed hell ko him this time around

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Three harmonies,

Aren't you the guy always making fun of everyone else who badmouths mma/mma fighters?

Hypocrite! Cung is hella more talented and entertaining than easily half the dudes fighting today

i think he takes it in a rematch... assuming he goes back to training full time & not trying to fit it around his movie schedule like last time.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

^ agreed

it was amazing how many back kicks he landed on smith lol im sure that didnt feel nice

hes still got figth left in hm and is not over the hill he just needs to relaize he cant be a fighter and a movie star at the same time

Firstly we are all hypocrites!

Secondly who is badmouthing? I gave my opinion. Not even negative. Sound professional advice actually. Instead of splitting his focus, which is obviously affecting his performance, he needs to concentrate on one thing or another.

Cung is more "talented?" I don't know about that. Entertaining is subjective, but I do enjoy watching him fight.

JAB
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

ya he definately needs to concentrate himself. its without a doubt a contributing factor as to why he lost that fight. he fought someone who was training full time. i think he can take the win in a rematch. im sure he'll be a lot more cautious after getting rocked like that.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    how is he overrated guy constantly gets **** hurled at him

alright!!!! glad to see he didnt hang it up then he jsut got sloppy and gassed hell ko him this time around
    Cung Le handpicks opponents with no ground game. Even when he fought Shamrock, he knew Shamrock's knees were too bad to take a decent shot.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Cung Le handpicks opponents with no ground game. Even when he fought Shamrock, he knew Shamrock's knees were too bad to take a decent shot.
    alot of fighters are accused of handpicking i dont know why cung le gets so much of it

Not sure if its Cung of strikeforce that handpicks them, but he is kept away from good ground fighters thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    alot of fighters are accused of handpicking i dont know why cung le gets so much of it
    i don't think he does get it any more than other fighters, maybe because certain kungfu guys use his as an alterboy for TCMA in MMA that people point out these things to them

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Not sure if its Cung of strikeforce that handpicks them, but he is kept away from good ground fighters thats for sure
    Strikeforce obviously was trying to create marketable champions (ala Gina Carrano), so I'm sure they are responsible, but you don't see Cung complaining about it.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Strikeforce obviously was trying to create marketable champions (ala Gina Carrano), so I'm sure they are responsible, but you don't see Cung complaining about it.
    no totally agree with you they kept him away from good ground fighters and he did not complain about it