Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce: FEDOR VS. WERDUM (Cung Le rematch w/Scott Smith)

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Fedor ducking and over rated ok...who has he ducked exactly.....he fought cro cop in his prime, nog in his prime, olovski and silva both former UFC champs, randleman coleman etc

His sub defense was good enough to shut down nog over and over, he got lazy didnt train as much got over confident and wanted a quick win when he saw he was hurt and forgot to defend the subs..if anything the last 2 fights show he is not training the ground as much as his stand up

anyone think a rematch would go the same way......?
    I'm not saying Fedor can't defend submissions.. but it was very odd. It was not long into the fight so fatigue shouldn't have been an issue. He didn't take Werdum seriously it seems in training, and in the fight. Who knows why he isn't perfect as people think he is.. The rematch will show that he will probably win quickly. It was a just a bad strategy, he assumed that he could walk through Werdum's guard .. not to smart. Thats like Werdum thinking he could land a nice Uchimata on Fedor.. not going to happen.

He refuses to fight in the UFC against any current champions in the UFC. I know its business related but his current group of opponents has been less than impressive. Its no secret Fedor is Strikforces big money maker (outside of Cung who had an amazing performance). They don't want to hurt the biggest cash cow they have.
    Nogueira is a legend but that was in 2004. Who has Fedor fought in the past 5 years that is considered at his level? I'm not saying the UFC's current top guys are the best in the world or that they have a monopoly (well they do in the business world) on good fighters.. but it he is ducking UFC fighters its not something he even tries to pretend he isn't doing. He wants nothing to do with the UFC. For business reasons..

Fedor will retake the Strikeforce belt and sit not really unchallenged for a while and retire. its that simple.. He has no financial reason not too.
    Last edited by monji112000; 06-28-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Fedor ducking and over rated ok...who has he ducked exactly.....he fought cro cop in his prime, nog in his prime, olovski and silva both former UFC champs, randleman coleman etc

His sub defence was good enough to shut down nog over and over, he got lazy didnt train as much got over confident and wanted a quick win when he saw he was hurt and forgot to defend the subs..if anything the last 2 fights show he is not training the ground as much as his stand up

anyone think a rematch would go the same way......?
    i think he means ducking as of late as he is past his prime supposedly according to some people and didnt want to ruin his air of invinciblity to his fans

its funny how a guy can go from being awesome to being a can int he yes of people just over one loss

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    tired of people b!tching and throwing poo. The man won 32 fights for sh!t sake. In the post interview he stated "I'm not a god, i'm just a man." As for ducking fights, I would say that maybe in the last couple he's let his management make the deals and he's slide by, but before those last couple he was fighting the top and has some of the most well remembered fights in MMA history. You can't take away his record, I can guarantee one thing I can bet he will come back and destroy Werdum, If he has the same fire in him as the Nog/cro cop fights then I feel sorry for werdum.
    Keyboard warriors can say what they will, just look at the mans record.
    Fedor has a different mentality to it all, and cares little for the politics of what people think, if he does it, it will be for himself not for the trash talking lARPers that have probably never studied or competed in anything there whole life.
    Last edited by Dragonzbane76; 06-28-2010 at 03:30 PM.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    i think he means ducking as of late as he is past his prime supposedly according to some people and didnt want to ruin his air of invinciblity to his fans

its funny how a guy can go from being awesome to being a can int he yes of people just over one loss
    True regardless of this loss he still is the best heavyweight of his era

Quote Originally Posted by monji112000 View Post
    I'm not saying Fedor can't defend submissions.. but it was very odd. It was not long into the fight so fatigue shouldn't have been an issue. He didn't take Werdum seriously it seems in training, and in the fight. Who knows why he isn't perfect as people think he is.. The rematch will show that he will probably win quickly. It was a just a bad strategy, he assumed that he could walk through Werdum's guard .. not to smart. Thats like Werdum thinking he could land a nice Uchimata on Fedor.. not going to happen.

He refuses to fight in the UFC against any current champions in the UFC. I know its business related but his current group of opponents has been less than impressive. Its no secret Fedor is Strikforces big money maker (outside of Cung who had an amazing performance). They don't want to hurt the biggest cash cow they have.
    Nogueira is a legend but that was in 2004. Who has Fedor fought in the past 5 years that is considered at his level? I'm not saying the UFC's current top guys are the best in the world or that they have a monopoly (well they do in the business world) on good fighters.. but it he is ducking UFC fighters its not something he even tries to pretend he isn't doing. He wants nothing to do with the UFC. For business reasons..

Fedor will retake the Strikeforce belt and sit not really unchallenged for a while and retire. its that simple.. He has no financial reason not too.

Who is actually considered at his level...maybe brock, Josh and Overeem...cant really think of anyone else can you? . two of whom are with strikeforce, one of whom he was meant to fight until he got into trouble with the comission for taking banned substances.
    in the last 5 years he has fought 2 former UFC champs, one of whom left the organisation on a winning streak and the other considered a very tough fighter...he also fought a 10 ten ranked fighter who was knocking out people for fun and was sceduled to fight barnett before his troubles. In that time lesnar fought mir twice, randy and herring, hardly cream of the crop opponents.

Apart from brock who has he ducked in the UFC, Randy, Mir, Nog, Cain, kongo, cro cop, Santos, Carwin...?...the fact is his management team cant agree terms and unlike other fighters he does not want to kiss danas a$s after all the crap Dana has said about him, cant say i blame him on that point.

Since he wont join the UFC and the UFC wont allow there fighters to fight outside the organisation then its not going to happen...and argueing because he wont join he is ducking them is like saying brock is ducking fedor, barnett and Oveream because he wont join strikeforce

I believe that if and when the rematch comes, Fedor will win very decisively. He made a mistake in the way he withdrew his arm after punching...and after watching the match numerous times - as I'm sure they will - he and his trainers will catch on...the same way Werdum caught on.

And then it will all over for Fabricio.

Fedor is still the best mma fighter in the world.

Apart from brock who has he ducked in the UFC, Randy, Mir, Nog, Cain, kongo, cro cop, Santos, Carwin...?...the fact is his management team cant agree terms and unlike other fighters he does not want to kiss danas a$s after all the crap Dana has said about him, cant say i blame him on that point.

i think thats the main thing and who can blame him? would anyone one here wants to kiss the ass of a guy and his company who pay their fighters poorly and treat you like crap on top of it?

i would rather fight in strike force too even if that meant i faced criticism from 14 year olds on sherdog because they think im ducking fights

Quote Originally Posted by goju View Post
    i think thats the main thing and who can blame him? would anyone one here wants to kiss the ass of a guy and his company who pay their fighters poorly and treat you like crap on top of it?

i would rather fight in strike force too even if that meant i faced criticism from 14 year olds on sherdog because they think im ducking fights
    most fighters need dana...so he is at a loss when one of them actually doesnt need him or his company and wont put up with his sh*t

And like i said who exactly has he ducked...the list of guys he has f*cked up is very big

most fighters need dana...so he is at a loss when one of them actually doesnt need him or his company and wont put up with his sh*t

And like i said who exactly has he ducked...the list of guys he has f*cked up is very big
    Who has he fought in the past 5 years worthy of his "status" in the mma world?
    When has he fought anyone holding the current tittle in the UFC , the Biggest organization for MMA in the world. end of story..

FYI his impressive record: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko

I believe strongly and agree with Victor that Fedor is probably the best in the world and he will win decisively in the rematch.
    Leaving his arm in, for both the first armbar, and the triangle, wasn't his only mistake.
    I'm sure most of them will be address..

Fedor has a great record, went for a long time without a loss great, wonderful. Its time for everyone to get off his nut sack. Criticizing him is not something that should be accepted as crazy talk.

He clearly makes mistakes, and we would see more of them if he would fight people of his caliber once in a while.
    Last edited by monji112000; 06-30-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Is Fedor the best ever? He is a legend and one of the best ever do doubt. Is he the best heavyweight now? Who the hell knows. If Fedor fights Werdum again, wins, than beats Overeem for the title, than signs with the UFC and cleans out their heavyweight division, namely whoever wins the upcoming fight between Lesnar and Carwin, than it would go without saying he is still the best there is. But the likelihood of that happening is about as good as Hardwork 108 to stop trolling the sh*t out of this forumn. Whatever does happen, no one can take away Fedor's past accomplishments.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

When has he faught anyone hold the current tittle in the UFC , the BIggest organization for MMA in the world. end of story..

FYI his impressive record: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedor_Emelianenko

I believe strongly and agree with Victor that Fedor is probably the best in the world and he will win decisively in the rematch.
    Leaving his arm in, for both the first armbar, and the triangle, wasn't his only mistake.
    I'm most of them will be address..

Fedor has a great record, went for a long time without a loss great, wonderful. Its time for everyone to get off his nut sack. Criticizing him is not something that should be accepted as crazy talk.

He clearly makes mistakes, and we would see more of them if he would fight people of his caliber once in a while.

So once again who do you consider to be his caliber , Randy, Carwin, Mir, Kongo, Lesnar?
    In the last 5 years He fought two former UFC champs, a 10 ten heavyweight (and was sceduled to fight Barnett) and since dana wont let any current champs fight outside his organisation (and took randy to court to stop him losing to Fedor) its hard for him to fight a current champ dont you think

SInce 2004 the heavyweight title holders in the ufc have been mir, alovski, silvia, Randy and brock...lets see he destroyed two of them, the third left the ufc to fight fedor and dana sued his ass to stop him from doing this

Who has brock fought in the last 5 years, kim herring, Mir and randy, god look at the fighters hes ducking, barnett, overem and fedor..

So once again who do you consider to be his caliber , Randy, Carwin, Mir, Kongo, Lesnar?
    In the last 5 years He fought two former UFC champs, a 10 ten heavyweight (and was sceduled to fight Barnett) and since dana wont let any current champs fight outside his organisation (and took randy to court to stop him losing to Fedor) its hard for him to fight a current champ dont you think

SInce 2004 the heavyweight title holders in the ufc have been mir, alovski, silvia, Randy and brock...lets see he destroyed two of them, the third left the ufc to fight fedor and dana sued his ass to stop him from doing this

Who has brock fought in the last 5 years, kim herring, Mir and randy, god look at the fighters hes ducking, barnett, overem and fedor..
    Former and has-beens .. nobody that anyone considers the top in the world at that moment or even near the top. No disrespect to any of them, but arlovski?? come on! Tim Silvia?? They weren't fighting in the UFC for a reason.

we can go back and forth about the business of the MMA, Fedor has financial ties to Strikeforce, and wants to promote his investment.. and safe gaurd his financial future.. Dana won't let anyone fight outside UFC. Both claim the other is to blame..

doesn't change the fact that I think he probably the best fighter, and He doesn't fight top fighters anymore.

Brock claims fedor is ducking him.

Please stop bringing up Josh Barnet in the same conversation as Fedor. Whos next Dan Severn? no no maybe the Ice man , or no I know.. Rickson Gracie right?

please.

Former and has-beens .. nobody that anyone considers the top in the world at that moment or even near the top. No disrespect to any of them, but arlovski?? come on! Tim Silvia?? They weren't fighting in the UFC for a reason.

we can go back and forth about the business of the MMA, Fedor has financial ties to Strikeforce, and wants to promote his investment.. and safe gaurd his financial future.. Dana won't let anyone fight outside UFC. Both claim the other is to blame..

doesn't change the fact that I think he probably the best fighter, and He doesn't fight top fighters anymore.

Brock claims fedor is ducking him.

Please stop bringing up Josh Barnet in the same conversation as Fedor. Whos next Dan Severn? no no maybe the Ice man , or no I know.. Rickson Gracie right?

please.
    You said he didnt fight anyone of note since 2005, i pointed out that of the 6 UFC HWs champs since then, he had fought two of them, come close to fighting a third before Dana sued Randy, and he also already beaten another of those in Nog before.....

Alovski was champ in 2005/6, slivia in 2006 and they lost to fedor in 2009 so 3 years makes them over the hill...? They were both still considered top 10, or even top 5 when they left correct?
    so are you saying that barnett is not a 10 ten fighter...i dont like him but is that really your arguement...

again give me your top fighters of the last 5 years in his weight catagory.....
    Last edited by Frost; 06-30-2010 at 10:59 AM.

thats the thing people cant agree on a fighters abilities and records

go on a bigger board like sherdog and see what im talking about

basically everyone is overrated and they havent been tested

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    Fedor is still the best mma fighter in the world.
    I actually would rather see Fedor lose trying to finish Werdum than the approach Anderson Silva took with Demian Maia - the other world class grappler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLch9uJ5k28