Thread: Beauty Pageants

Hybrid View

Oh CANADA!

Srsly? Wth?

miss universe 2015: Contestants take part in national costume show, in pictures

jolly hockey sticks: Miss canada, chanel beckenlehnerpicture: Splash news
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Nice pucks.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Srsly? Wth?
    I thought it was a photoshop when I first saw it.

That oufit made it to the final 5

Miss Indonesia Wins Best National Costume At Miss Universe 2014
    Sun, January 25, 2015 11:46pm EST by Avery Thompson

After 88 amazing and outrageous Miss Universe costumes, only one could be deemed the winner. Miss Indonesia took home the top prize for her stunning costume!

Miss Indonesia Elvira Devinamira is the world’s pick for Best National Costume at the 2014 Miss Universe pageant. The gorgeous lady was awarded the honor for her breathtaking costume inspired by a Buddhist temple in her home country!
    Inspired by a Buddhist temple. Man, they should make one inspired by the Vatican, or maybe Mecca.

Of course, Miss Colombia won.

Paulina Vega: Miss Colombia Wins Miss Universe 2014
    Sun, January 25, 2015 11:50pm EST by Caitlin Beck

Paulina Vega Wins Miss Universe
    Getty

Congratulations, Paulina Vega! The Colombian beauty was crowned the 2014 winner of the Miss Universe pageant!

So exciting! Miss Colombia Paulina Vega, 22, was named 2014’s Miss Universe! After a rigorous competition starting with 88 girls from around the world showing off their stunning beauty and talent at the FIU Arena in Miami, Florida, the stunner went home the ultimate winner over Miss USA Nia Sanchez!
    And just for the record here (FOR ALL YOU COSTUMED CANADIANS), our own Miss U.S.A. place second. And we luv her because she's a TKD black belt.

Nevada's Sanchez a runner-up at Miss Universe
    Kelli Kennedy 8:45 a.m. PST January 26, 2015

(Photo: AFP/Getty Images)

MIAMI – Miss Colombia Paulina Vega has been crowned Miss Universe in pageant in Miami, beating out contestants from 88 other countries.

Miss USA Nia Sanchez of Las Vegas, Nevada, and Miss Ukraine Diana Harkusha were the runners-up during Sunday's competition in Miami.

Vega is from Barranquilla, Colombia and is studying business administration. She said the contests leading to MIss Universe were the first she'd participated in and will be her last as she's eager to return to her studies in business administration.

The 22-year-old is the granddaughter of a legendary tenor, Gastón Vega.

Miss Colombia Paulina Vega has been crowned Miss Universe, beating out first runner-up Miss USA Nia Sanchez and contestants from more than 80 other countries. (Jan. 26)

Earlier this week she said, "It will be a dream come true to represent the woman of today. A woman that not only care about being beautiful and being glamorous, but also cares about being a professional, intelligent, hard-working person."

The other finalists chosen from among the 88 contestants were Miss Jamaica Kaci Fennell and Miss Netherlands Yasmin Verheijen.

Sanchez, a 24-year-old contestant from Las Vegas, Nevada, said she was looking forward to the often-dreaded interview portion. She had been running practice questions all week with her roommate Miss Australia Tegan Martin, who made it to the top ten.

Sanchez has a fourth-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do and has traveled the country teaching others. She spoke earlier in the competition about equipping women to defend themselves against crime.

"It's just something that's so prevalent in our society and why not empower women to take control of a dangerous situation into their own hand," she said.

"Today Show" personality Natalie Morales was hosting the show. And before Miss Universe, Gabriela Isler of Venezuela, crowned the next winner, viewers were to hear performances from singers Nick Jonas and Prince Royce.

Miss Jamaica Kaci Fennell has stood out during the competition with her short, spiky haircut.

"I don't have long tresses like everyone else, I'm just representing myself and that's what beauty pageants are all about," said Fennell, who wore a long, red beaded evening gown. "You don't have to look a certain way … and I feel like I represent that."

Crowd favorite Miss Venezuela Migbelis Lynette Castellanos was cut after the top ten. She had tremendous support and pressure locally and back home. The Miami suburb of Doral, which is hosting the women during their stay, is also known as "Doralzuela" for its many Venezuelan residents. Three of the last six Miss Universe titles have gone to Venezuela, where beauty pageants are big business.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

This is so awesome

Beauty pageant runner-up rips crown from winner's pretty head
    By Annie Colbert Feb 03, 2015

Smile, turn and rip the tiara off any sequin-clad lady who stands in your way.

The Miss Amazonas beauty pageant in Manaus, Brazil, looked more like a UFC fight on Friday when runner-up Sheislane Hayalla violently grabbed the crown off winner Carol Toledo's head and strutted off stage. Before sashaying behind the curtain, Hayalla blew a kiss to the crowd because, well, she still had a chance at Miss Congeniality. Or at least Miss Back the Eff Up.
    Gotta luv Brazilian beauty queens!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips