Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I can't wait til November!

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    well, I'm willing to accept the results of the elections and we can argue about policy after!

unlike tea bag idiot whiners who can't seem to accept election results. lol
    Can you show us where they have challenged any election results please?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

They bankrupted your country before Obama took office.
    Oh I forgot, it's all Bush's fault.

If Bush already bankrupted the country, can you explain how Obama has a bigger national debt than Bush?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

I don't agree with your view of humanity. You are all too quick to dehumanize people based on their income or country of origin, so your opinion carries no weight with me for that fact alone.
    Yeah, that working for your family and not others is something only us sociopaths believe in.

How is it dehumanizing to say I believe that everyone in this country has the greatest opportunity available and we don't need Government programs to succeed and prosper?

You call 30 million of your countrymen "bums" and by proxy of that you deem them undeserving of all the rights and privileges granted by proxy of being a US citizen.
    Please show where our Constitution grants us all the right/priveledge to free, Government subsidized healthcare.

less thinking like yours would be better in my opinion. You are old fashioned and your ideas are destructive of the constitution and bill of rights.
    Thinking like mine is what gave us this country. Our Founding Fathers despised Government and they wanted as little of it as possible.

If you are correct, please show us all what massive Government entitlement programs were enacted by the Founding Fathers. Please show us what rate of income taxes they took from the people. In short, back up your assertions.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Oh I forgot, it's all Bush's fault.

If Bush already bankrupted the country, can you explain how Obama has a bigger national debt than Bush?
    ok, it's called simple math.

you take the debt created by the Bush admin over the last decade.
    He started with a surplus by the way, and then you add Obama's year in office to that decade and you get the total debt.

+\- that's all there is too it.

are you actually trying to say that Obama has created more debt than Bush?

What grade of math did you complete?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yeah, that working for your family and not others is something only us sociopaths believe in.

How is it dehumanizing to say I believe that everyone in this country has the greatest opportunity available and we don't need Government programs to succeed and prosper?

Please show where our Constitution grants us all the right/priveledge to free, Government subsidized healthcare.

Thinking like mine is what gave us this country. Our Founding Fathers despised Government and they wanted as little of it as possible.

If you are correct, please show us all what massive Government entitlement programs were enacted by the Founding Fathers. Please show us what rate of income taxes they took from the people. In short, back up your assertions.
    Are you saying you want to go back a couple of hundred years, re-institute slavery and live within a state of rebellion? Do you honestly think you are that?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

ok, it's called simple math.

you take the debt created by the Bush admin over the last decade.
    He started with a surplus by the way, and then you add Obama's year in office to that decade and you get the total debt.
    Ok, so why is Obama's one year of debt bigger than Reagans 8 years and GHW Bush's 4 years in office COMBINED? That's math. And whether you like it or not this formula is correct:
    Obama's debt > Reagans debt + GHW Bush's debt

+\- that's all there is too it.
    Yup, my formula just about spells it out.

are you actually trying to say that Obama has created more debt than Bush?
    No, but I appreciate you asking me if I said that rather than just saying I said it.

However, after 4 years of Obama, he will have spent more than Bush did in 8 years. And that's not counting Obamacare.

What grade of math did you complete?
    Some college. You?

Are you saying you want to go back a couple of hundred years, re-institute slavery and live within a state of rebellion? Do you honestly think you are that?
    STFU with race and slavery. You're like a broken record.

I didn't once even used the **** word in this thread. Why in the world are you bringing it up? Are you doing this bad in the debate you have to once again try and infuse race into the debate like you do everytime you are at a loss for words?

I'm for smaller Government. PERIOD. If you cant understand that, you're a waste of time to deal with.

Ok, so why is Obama's one year of debt bigger than Reagans 8 years and GHW Bush's 4 years in office COMBINED? That's math. And whether you like it or not this formula is correct:

Yup, my formula just about spells it out.

No, but I appreciate you asking me if I said that rather than just saying I said it.

However, after 4 years of Obama, he will have spent more than Bush did in 8 years. And that's not counting Obamacare.

Some college. You?

So I'm right and you're just obfuscating things and not only that, you're throwing out guesses and predictions! solid.

Uni , psych major with a minor in religious studies. I know that's not math, but hey, you asked.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

So I'm right and you're just obfuscating things and not only that, you're throwing out guesses and predictions! solid.
    It's not a guess, it's Obama's own numbers.

If those numbers are accurate, what then?

It's not a guess, it's Obama's own numbers.

If those numbers are accurate, what then?
    in 4 years? where are these numbers published?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Source:

National Debt as of January 31, 1981 - $935,075,000
    National Debt as of January 31, 1989 - $2,682,666,000

Increase from 1981: $1,747,591,000

National Debt as of January 31, 1993: 4,076,124,000

Increase from 1989: $1,393,458,000
    Increase from 1981: $3,141,049,000

National Debt as of January 31, 2001: $5,716,071,000
    National Debt as of January 31, 2009: $10,632,080,000

Increase from 2001: $4,916,009,000

National Debt as of April 30, 2010: $12,948,739,000

Increase from 2009: $2,316,659,000

It would seem to me that $2,316,659,000 is less than $3,141,049,000. That would make your assertion that President Obama's increase in the National Debt is higher than the amounts contributed to it by the Administrations of Ronald Reagan and George Herbert Walker Bush flatly untrue.

However, the amount added to the National Debt by President George Walker Bush is higher than the amount added by Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush combined.

That's math.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

I should note that my numbers from the previous post are not adjusted for inflation. The inflation adjusted numbers are:

1/31/81 - $2,242,626,690
    1/31/89 - $4,716,494,610

Increase: $2,473,867,920

1/1/93 - $6,149,700,460

Increase from 1981 - $3,907,073,770

1/1/01 - $7,036,447,900
    1/1/09 - $10,804,146,300

Increase from 2001 - $3,767,698,400

Looks like, when adjusting for inflation, George W. Bush's increase is actually lower than the combined increase by Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. Both increases are still higher than that of Barack Obama ($2,316,659,000).
    Last edited by Reality_Check; 06-01-2010 at 12:52 PM.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

in 4 years? where are these numbers published?
    Right here:

"President Barack Obama's budget would produce $9.3 trillion in deficits over the next decade, an eye-popping figure that threatens his ambitious goals to overhaul health care and explore new energy sources, congressional auditors said.

The new Congressional Budget Office figures that emerged Friday offered a far more dire outlook for Obama's budget than the new administration predicted just last month — a deficit $2.3 trillion worse. It's a prospect even the president's own budget director called unsustainable."

Entire article:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29791927/

And the article clearly states those are CBO figures.

RC, it appears I was off somewhat.

But you must admit, after 4 years of Obama, at the rate we are going and using his own projections, his 4 years of debt will be greater than 12 years of Reagan/GHW Bush.

And your numbers also show us one more thing: $2,316,659,000. That's the amount of new debt Obama tacked on from Jan 09- April 2010. That's the biggest amount of any President ever, over a ~16 month period. Is this good in your eyes?

And remember RC, your numbers do not include Obamacare. Add that in, and its another $200 billion+ in debt.

Uni , psych major .

Well, that explains a lot...