Thread: Seven Star, Is this teacher Legit?

durden philosphy Guest

Seven Star, Is this teacher Legit?

Has anyone heard of a seven star teacher, Raul Ortiz, and if so can anyone tell me anything of his skill, etc.. thank you.

alecM Guest
    I can’t tell you anything about his skill, as I’m not a mantis practitioner but I do know that he is now with Master Lee Kam Wing’s Seven Star Mantis organisation.

Saying is not boasting at all. These views and word s are mine, and do not represent my Sifu or school.

word Guest
    everyone in the mantis community knows that raul ortiz used to make up stuff and teach , ortiz is low quality mantis, i met some of his students and they are awful, they do a "mantis chi kung " set that is exactly like tiger crane from HUNG GAR except they use a mantis hand which is GAY. i dont recommend raul ortiz to answer your question.

Kiasyd Guest

durden philosophy,

Do you researched Ortiz's lineage? Is the first step when considering joining a traditional school... If you're looking for traditional kung fu, that is. :)

-- Kiasyd

BeiTangLang Guest

One idea.

I would suggest visiting all the schools withing the area that you are willing to travel. Visit them first to look at the istructor. Do your research on their lineage & such at this time. Figure out in your own mind who is "legit" or not. Bottom line is, its you that you need to please, not others. Then;

Visit them a second time to look at the students. Ask yourself if that is what you want to look/fight like.
    Best wishes in your search.
    BTL

"It's all the same; Only the names have changed........."

word Guest
    Everyone has good lineage man it all eventually leads to wong long so wow everyone must be good huh

wisdom mind Guest

he can whip most of kfos ass

id love for word to say that ortiz's chi gung is gay to Ortiz's face....let me know the time and place when this will occur

personal experience is more valuable that trash talking...find our for yourself, meet the man, if he can kick you butt then learn from him...

aw.axis Guest

mantis sifu

I have only ever seen Raul on video demostrating sparring techniques. They were mainly the simple strikes and responces, but effective (however, you will never learn how to apply the mantis claw and the more complex moves by video). The only way of finding out if you feel happy studying under a sifu is to try it and shop around if your not convinced.

Maybe look at Sifu Lee Kam Wings web site or the ITSWA web site for further ideas.

DaiKaiju Guest

Ortiz

From what I understand and have been told that early in his career, ortiz made up his mantis and even created a series of video cassettes trying to cash on the mantis 'craze' and after much questioning about his lineage, joined up with Lee Kam Wing a few years ago.
    But considering that Lee Kam Wing only comes to America once a year few a very short period of time, one would have to question how much legitimate mantis does Ortiz acually know.
    But I will say this about Ortiz, he is a incredible fighter with fantastic knock out power and can take a good hit.
    If you want to learn how to fight, Ortiz is a **** good choice, if you want to learn Mantis, Carl Albright is the man.
    :D

That which does not kill you will only make you stronger, and if does kill you, then you sucked to begin with!!