Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any 8step sifu students out there?

8stepsifu Guest
    Monkey holding the scepter rules. I use it when someone side step a front kick or side kick to the outside. I especially love how its a takedown that goes immediately into an ankle lock. I also like samba Dun and add a neck crank when I hit the ground. I'm also partial to lumberjack caries the wood. I can't seem to get "pushing the canoe into the lake" on really stronger people, but when they oppose the force I go with it for (Mouah)arm control. Another of my fav's is dividing continents because of the BA GUA footwork.

EARTH DRAGON Guest

8 STEP SIFU

IF ANYONE NEDDS ANY HELP OR QUESTIONS ANSWERED I WOULD BE GLAD TO HELP BUT PLEASE NO FIGHTING OR NEGITIVITY I HAVE KNOW TIME FOR DRAMA P.L.U.R

http://www.kungfu.net

Located in Buffalo, NY.

Teaching 8 Step Praying Mantis Kung FU, Shyun style Tai Chi Chuan, Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung, Qi-Gong

EARTH DRAGON Guest

SIFUS

IF ANYONE NEEDS ANY HELP OR QUESTIONS ANSWERED I WOULD BE GLAD TO HELP BUT PLEASE NO FIGHTING OR NEGITIVITY I HAVE KNOW TIME FOR DRAMA P.L.U.R

Located in Buffalo, NY.

Teaching 8 Step Praying Mantis Kung FU, Shyun style Tai Chi Chuan, Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung, Qi-Gong

EARTH DRAGON Guest

8 STEP SIFUS OUT THERE

IF ANYONE NEEDS ANY HELP OR QUESTIONS ANSWERED I WOULD BE GLAD TO HELP BUT PLEASE NO FIGHTING OR NEGITIVITY I HAVE KNOW TIME FOR DRAMA P.L.U.R

Located in Buffalo, NY.

nhbfighter_57069 Guest

Sifu Training

Well, We just started third grade stuff a month ago. Wow, it is alot of stuff. I have to really learn how to remember all the chinese names for controls and throws. So far i like this grade, throwing is the best. But as you know from a wrestling background, I have a little advantge. Second grade was so tough, but flexability was the toughest part to overcome, it has improved 100% because of second grade. Our classes are for an hour and a half after adult class, where we learn out stuff. We also learn the tai chi also. Did you see about Andy L on the 8 Step site? He just rocked. Messed his first opponet you pretty bad, might have broken his nose. Hit the second guy in the second round with a srtaight right and dropped him and took his back and choked him. My fight have been just messed up. For the third time in a row my opponet has been changed. This guy was 7-4 and 213 of pure muscle. Not even in my weight class. But oh well, I just got hit really hard in the face, but I am still pretty...hehe. I have another one in June, this guy was fight in Vermillion also, I should not have a problem with him (I hope). Keep the training up.

8stepsifu Guest
    great to hear a play by play.

My sifu student just finished 2nd grade and I just taught him the long forms.

I'm setting up another satelite school and looking to convert some karate blackbelts as well as set up tai chi classes at a resort. Maybe I should get an ordinary summer job....nah.

I bought a crap load of gear/ focus pads, thai pads, head gear. Then my order got delayed and messed up and they said that it was a no go. Well, I ordered it again and there system finally caught up.....so now I have a double crap load of martial arts gear. I hope I have double the students next year, cuz I spend just about everything on equipment. I'm thinking about sending some of it back, but that would be a major hassle and Its not like I wont use it.

Its just that I now have more equipment than my sifu did. Well, maybe this was a blunder. When your a sifu, don't buy so much stuff. Maybe I did the right thing, but I'm finding that students are bringing me stuff.

Take the world lightly, and your spirit will not be burdened. Consider everything minor, and your mind will not be confused. Regard death and life as equal, and your heart will not be afraid.
    Pick up the July Issue of blackbelt
    http://www.8step.com/news/news31.html