Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Trips by Gene Ching

Thumbs up Shaolin Trips

Gene, I don't know if this question has been asked already or how many times it has been if it has but...
    You mentioned in the article that you got footage of martial stuff... what happens to this footage? Ever sell or share any? Just curious.
    Is it worthy of being packaged and sold? I'm guessing it is.

Oh yeah...

I've been working on putting together a documentary/demo vid on the First World Traditional Wushu Festival. Actually, I've been trying to work on it but it keeps getting pushed aside. My original plan was to have it out by the time I finished my most recent Shaolin Trips, but the last chapter just went up and I'm not much closer than when I started. It WILL happen, especially since we've taken pre-orders already. I have hours upon hours of footage to showcase. It's the editing part that's time consuming.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

TNX for the speedy reply,
    be sure to tell us when it's ready.
    I'm sure I've already downloaded every free video and kung fu clip there is to be found on the internet and I'd like to see something new

Don't you worry

As soon as it comes out, the forum will know first. Thanks for your support, Starchaser107!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

is that the one with the advertisement in the magazine for reserve now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Starchaser107
    TNX for the speedy reply,
    be sure to tell us when it's ready.
    I'm sure I've already downloaded every free video and kung fu clip there is to be found on the internet and I'd like to see something new

Hey, give credit bro... lol, you're not the only one

Yeah, thats the one for preorder...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Shaolinlueb

is that the one with the advertisement in the magazine for reserve now?
    Yeah, probably. The ad is on page 23 of our Shaolin Special 2005.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

now available

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Shaolin Trips by Gene Ching

I'm pleased to announce the debut of my new book.
    Shaolin Trips.
    For starters, here's the promo blurb:
    Gene Ching collects over a decade and a half worth of research on Shaolin Temple. Ching documents Shaolin’s convoluted journey from post-Cultural Revolution ruins to the global Buddhist juggernaut it has become today. Along the way, Ching recounts his personal trips to Shaolin, replete with cultural challenges, comic catastrophes and the occasional flash of enlightenment. With dozens of profiles of outstanding Shaolin monks and masters, Shaolin Trips reveals the stories behind the robes from the perspective of a Shaolin disciple and Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine’s Associate Publisher. Fully indexed. 669 pages.

“Fascinating for the general reader, Shaolin Trips is a must for the martial artist.” Meir Shahar, Tel Aviv University, author of The Shaolin Monastery: History, Religion and the Chinese Martial Arts
    And if you don't have my documentary, we're offering that with my book as a special discounted package.
    Shaolin Trips: Book & DVD Pack
    Here's the promo blurb on for this:
    Shaolin Trips: The First World Traditional Wushu Festival

Gene Ching presents the landmark spectacle of the largest martial arts event the world has ever seen, the First World Traditional Wushu Festival held in Mainland China – Chapter 13 of Gene’s new book. From the monstrous Opening Gala, to the record-breaking 45,000 performer procession to Shaolin Temple, to the thousands of international competitors, this is an unforgettable glimpse into the world of Chinese martial arts. Packed with traditional old masters, authentic Shaolin monks, exotic weapons, rare styles, international wushu champions and rare private footage, here is an extraordinary journey into the cradle of martial arts.
    I'll have more info on this later, after I spam the world (well, the world wide web) trying to sell my work.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

im totally buying this. thanks gene! its been a loooong time coming
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

in class???

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I'll have more info on this later, after I spam the world (well, the world wide web) trying to sell my work.
    Ummmmmm.. is this work of art going to be on hand and available for sale during your class next month???? We are sort of a captive audience....
    .... Skip

Thanks for your support, as always, Lucas

I'll bring a few, Skip J. My book is 669 pages, which makes it pretty heavy to carry on an airplane, especially if I bring several. Plus I don't really care to schlep them around the tournament as I'll already be toting the company camera, etc. So I'll check a small piece of luggage with a couple of books, but certainly not that many, and sell them on a first come, first serve basis, preferably all at the workshop.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

great!

I'll bring a few, Skip J. My book is 669 pages, which makes it pretty heavy to carry on an airplane, especially if I bring several. Plus I don't really care to schlep them around the tournament as I'll already be toting the company camera, etc. So I'll check a small piece of luggage with a couple of books, but certainly not that many, and sell them on a first come, first serve basis, preferably all at the workshop.
    That would be me.... first come, first served....

autographed would be nice....
    .... Skip

Mine shipped this afternoon - shipped the same day. I can't frikin' wait!
    "Siezing oppurtunities causes them to multiply" Sun Tze

I'm pleased to announce the debut of my new book.
    Shaolin Trips.
    For starters, here's the promo blurb:

And if you don't have my documentary, we're offering that with my book as a special discounted package.
    Shaolin Trips: Book & DVD Pack
    Here's the promo blurb on for this:

Wicked !!!!!