Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaolin Trips by Gene Ching

just got my copy yesterday cant wait to tear into it, nice work King Gene Ching!

Just started reading "Shaolin Trips". so far its an amazing read, easy to stay with and so far not at all tedious. I trust the balance is the same. I f you havent got a copy do your self a favor buy it now. Seriously.

Thanks solo1

We're up on Amazon. Shaolin Trips (Paperback). Unfortunately, it's presently out of stock, but that should soon be rectified - hopefully by Monday.

After some of you finish it, I'd be very grateful for some positive customer reviews. Thank you all for your support.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Now available at Amazon...

...just as promised.

Click here.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene, just got back from vacation and it was waiting for me on my porch. Not very far into it yet but I like the voice, very easy to read, once I start I have a hard time putting it down.

Thanks sha0lin1

If you make it to Legends of Kung Fu, I'll be signing there, but you have to bring your own book.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    If you make it to Legends of Kung Fu, I'll be signing there, but you have to bring your own book.
    Looks like I am judging there so I will be there, and will bring my book. It is a great read, brings back a lot of memories of Shaolin, and similar experiences.

I'm a little behind the curve since I don't live on the forum. I just bought the combo. Congrats Gene!

I plugged it on the Chinese history forum I belong to. Hopefully that will boost some sales.

Perhaps I can make an advertisement for your work like I did for my friend's:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YnUI15k3OQ

I could easily change the rabbit to a plate of nachos!
    Last edited by ghostexorcist; 06-24-2010 at 10:55 PM.

Buy my book or I'll eat this plate of nachos?

Thanks for the suggestion. Dang, that's a freakin huge rabbit.

National Lampoon did that ad a long time ago. Jan 1973.

I'm thinking about more vid ads. It's on my 'to do' list. So far, thanks to all of you, sales have been good. Once they start to die down I may resort to some alternative campaigns. The one for TCKFMCII got lots of positive feedback.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thanks for the suggestion. Dang, that's a freakin huge rabbit.

[...]

I'm thinking about more vid ads. It's on my 'to do' list. So far, thanks to all of you, sales have been good. Once they start to die down I may resort to some alternative campaigns. The one for TCKFMCII got lots of positive feedback.
    I vaguely remember seeing that in a comic book store when I was a kid. The rabbit thing was not my idea. A buddy of mine wanted me to piece a picture together for something he was working on. When my other friend's book came out, I decided to use the rabbit picture in the advertisement.

There is a funny / sad story about the rabbit. That farmer was called up by the Korean government wanting to breed their own stock of monstrous rabbits. The farmer sent one of his big guys over to start the program off. When he later inquired how the breeding was going, they told him there had been a mix up and the rabbit had accidentally been eaten at a state dinner.
    "Oops, we lied to you about our true motives, so here are some nice fur gloves as a consolation prize, sorry."

Your book shipped yesterday. The email said it should arrived today. They sure do ship quickly! I have to leave for my grandmother's house today, so hopefully it will arrive before I leave.

See? If it was nachos, there would have been no issues...

...of course, there wouldn't have been any rabbit fur gloves either. Wouldn't you need to send two monstrous rabbits to start a breeding program?

Thanks for getting my book, ghostexorcist. I look forward to your comments and criticisms.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

...of course, there wouldn't have been any rabbit fur gloves either. Wouldn't you need to send two monstrous rabbits to start a breeding program?

Thanks for getting my book, ghostexorcist. I look forward to your comments and criticisms.
    I only know the basics of the story. Maybe they bred him with the native rabbits, I don't know.

No problem, buddy. I look forward to reading it. According to UPS, it left from the distribution center about 21 miles from my house this morning. I'm hoping it arrives soon.

Hey Gene, I've got a funny story for you. My book and DVD combo arrived about an hour after my last post (3 cheers for UPS). I stopped by the DMV on the way to my grandmother's house because my tags were about to expire. I brought the book in with me because I knew it was going to be a long wait. Sometime later, I could tell from my peripheral vision that an older lady off to my right was looking at the book cover. After seeing the picture of you and the monk (Shi Decheng?) holding staves, she leaned over and asked:

Excuse me, is that "The Last Airbender"?
    I had to hold back my laughter. I told her:

No, mam it's not. But your grand-kids would love it just the same. You should buy it!
    Isn't guerrilla marketing wonderful?!?!

It's like Airbender without all that bending...

She'll drop like $30 to take her grandkid to see Airbender in 3D. My book is a much better value.

Thanks for plugging it, ghostexorcist.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Why just shoot a dog?

why not a french ookair!

Kung Fu is good for you.