Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Shaolin Trips by Gene Ching

Our newest exclusive web article

The Return of our Publisher's blog. READ Shaolin Ways Episode 3: Praying Mantis by Gene Ching

THREADS:
    Shi Decheng
    Beng Bu
    Shaolin and Praying Mantis
    Shaolin Trips
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Thumbs up $462.50!?!

Shaolin Trips (Paperback)
    by Gene Ching (Author)
    5.0 out of 5 stars 7 customer reviews
    $462.50
    & FREE Shipping

Used - Good
    A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in Used-Good condition. Pages and cover are clean and intact. Used items may not include supplementary materials such as CDs or access codes. May show signs of minor shelf wear and contain limited notes and highlighting.

Arrives between Jan. 28 - Feb. 5.
    Want it delivered Tuesday, January 29? Choose Expedited Shipping at checkout.

GlassFrogBooks
    4.5 out of 5 stars 93% positive over the past 12 months. (3,551 total ratings)
    Add to cart
    Holy cats! It's not out of print yet. Just order it through MartialArtsMart.com. Or send me a flat $400 and I'll even autograph it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our newest exclusive web article

In honor of our Shaolin Special 2019 - READ Shaolin Ways Episode 4: The Big Worthy One by Gene Ching

THREADS
    Shi Decheng
    Shaolin Special 2019 (SPRING) on Shaolin sub-forum.
    Shaolin Special 2019 (SPRING) on Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine & KungFuMagazine.com sub-forum
    Luohan Quan
    Shaolin Trips
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Thanks for your kind words and support, Djuan

I'm taking the liberty of copying your comment above from your What hall in the Shaolin Temple.... thread to my Shaolin Trips by Gene Ching thread, just to ttt that.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuan View Post
    Its a great transmission though I have just started the journey. Being able to read this book at this point in my life means a lot, more than I can express here, so I'll try not to ramble. Just know I am thankful for your efforts in being a griot and preserver of the truth, spiritually, historically, culturally and artistically. You accomplish this without stepping on peoples minds or hearts or any of their personal pre-arranged (spiritual,cultural,historical,artistic) attachments. So everyone interested in kung fu, yet especially Shaolin GungFu can get into your book, and extract more than a wealth of experience from you, depending on their understanding.

Personally, reading the book, makes me feel like your distant disciple. Thats all I can say for now. I know you have your humility to keep in tact and you dont accept students or disciples in that way, then I would have to say you are my spirit animal lol at least. Your journey is one I've been in tune with and walking, just in another way. As far as going to Shaolin, I realized, most, if not all of the links I made to Shaolin in the past, hunting down schools, monks, books, robes, arms, shoes, socks, patches and pins, to the point, all were through your work. Meaning I learned the names of whos who, whats what, and wheres where, while I was just a kid dreaming of finding the 'real' Shaolin Quanfa. I got the run around, and spent a lot of time searching because I learned what to look for through WLE and KFTCM. The links you made went further than the magazines and catalogs.

The dvd is a another gem, that honestly, was just a gift man. lol you are too generous. Those masters you included (mind you I was aware of other performers, from the sound of the arms in the background, meaning you included the masters only, and didnt film the whole floor. Thanks for that as well as the volume increase for the foot slaps from the masters, pushing 80 ready to kick the noggin of a kungfu hater anyday!) .....back to the sentence lol, the Masters, specifically Baji Quan & BaguaZhang, were such a great blessing to watch. I'll just say that, to have that on dvd is such a jewel. the speed of "taking a step" I think its called (扣步 摆步) was so dope to see performed in that way, made me want to learn some Bagua right now. lol or at least that technique, to add to my SanShou arsenal.
    I could keep rambling I have to stop myself, thats what I mean though, you offer so much, to a kung fu head, we can pick parts for eternity studying a page of yours, or a small segment of a film of yours. I have to give you your credit.
    People try so hard to tear down Shaolin, or anything true for that matter, and try to replace it with microwave crap, I'm glad you preserve the essence and give a clear perspective of all sides. I have to say I agree with Shi De Cheng, that Shaolin is a Temple first, and a Ch'an Temple, THE Ch'an Temple in my eyes, so the goal will always be to spread Ch'an and the teaching of Buddha.
    Though I have just gotten into the book, in general I always get Chanwuyi from you, even in esoteric and metaphysical forms, wether you do it on purpose or you do it naturally on purpose either way, I feel the medicine.

Amituofo
    It's very gratifying to hear my book and dvd resonnated with you. I have yet to take on any disciples. I've been asked a few times, but it just doesn't feel right for me at this point in my life, but I'm very flattered by it.

I look forward to meeting you in the flesh someday, Djuan.

amitoufo.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post

I look forward to meeting you in the flesh someday, Djuan.

amitoufo.

Likewise! it will manifest for sure.

Amituofo
    "色即是空 , 空即是色 " ~ Buddha via Avalokitesvara
    Shaolin Meditator

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Holy cats! It's not out of print yet. Just order it through MartialArtsMart.com. Or send me a flat $400 and I'll even autograph it.
    Gene,

Books don't need to be out of print to be marked up to a ridiculous degree. One (non-MA) author whose books I follow is David Paulides, who writes the Missing 411 series, and unscrupulous resellers buy his books and resell them on places like Amazon for often hundreds of dollars, where you can get them for about $25 apiece on his own website. He even asks if purchasers are going to buy in bulk to resell them at inflated prices, to please not buy. Though I doubt that would stop someone without ethics from doing it, anyway.

Let me know if you see Shaolin Trips selling fo $100s...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Gene,

Books don't need to be out of print to be marked up to a ridiculous degree. One (non-MA) author whose books I follow is David Paulides, who writes the Missing 411 series, and unscrupulous resellers buy his books and resell them on places like Amazon for often hundreds of dollars, where you can get them for about $25 apiece on his own website. He even asks if purchasers are going to buy in bulk to resell them at inflated prices, to please not buy. Though I doubt that would stop someone without ethics from doing it, anyway.
    Woah. Well I'm glad someone's making money off it.

Just let me know if you want an autographed version of Shaolin Trips. That can be arranged. For less than hundreds of dollars even...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our newest web article

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips