Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: new to kung fu

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    I'm not a wing chun guy, but my advice is, no matter what style you do, work hard on being able to apply the techniques(i.e. don't expect doing the technique on your own is enough), be open to practicing with people from diverse styles in order to refine what it is you do, don't balk at hard work, don't feel bad at being a beginner(just keep working), don't let anyone, teache3r or not, waste your time talking about how their style is the best, and don't ever get involved in inter-school politics.

The biggest waste of time, and it happens in all schools, is talk about other people , styles, and schools. Others, even in good schools, may fall for it: you shouldn't. Be humble, but work towards constantly progressing.
    I believe, together with this post, there is a lot of great advice in this thread for Tigerguy.

I hope he works hard, keeps an inquisitive mind and has a great kung fu path.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    You really should get a life.......LOL!
    have a great one thanks.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    have a great one thanks.
    what does it cost you?

Quote Originally Posted by Triax View Post
    I was hoping for a response from tigerguy..perhaps the arguing scared him off. Should I bother looking through these forums or are they all ****ing matches? I was hoping to learn something.
    LOL, I think that you just DID!

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    what does it cost you?
    everything and nothing.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkout View Post
    Kung Fu or any other martial art will NOT burn a significant number of calories or get you in hard condition. It's great for all kinds of stuff that you can't see with the naked eye. Speed, coordination, reflexes, chi, ging, etc. But if you think that you'll lose tons of weight and get rock hard like Bruce Lee just form Kung Fu, you are badly mistaken. Unfortunately, most traditional martial arts guys don't take conditioning very seriously and that's one of the main reasons why a lot of them suck so badly. A lot of traditional guys seem to be full of sour grapes when talking about guys who spend lots of time with conditioning. When is it ever an advantage to be fat? I don't care if you say your chi and ging are really good, being in shape is always better than not being in shape. Don't listen to the fatasses. If you want to be the best you can be, You MUST work hard on aerobic conditioning, flexibility, and strength training.
    When I first started longfist, I witnessed a guy who lost 65lbs in a year doing nothing but training and changing his diet. That said, we did plenty of calesthenics and conditioning.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter