Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: new to kung fu

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    shows how stupid you are he was being sarcastic, and your not qualified to speak on any topic what so ever.
    i think its best to leave him to his re runs of kung fu and let him larn from them

Quote Originally Posted by tigerguy View Post
    i need some help, im going to be starting at the Wing chun Kung fu next month, i want to know if anyone can give me any information on kung fu so i can be prepared, ive wanted to learn martail arts for awhile and i wanted to do kung fu but ive never donr it before.

i just want to be prepare with my mind and body because i know its going to be hard and im abit of a sensitive person, not fully sensitive but i really want to do this and i dont want to quit as soon as it gets hard.

im abit of a chubby guy, im 22 years old. all i want to know is how does the beginners course go, im going to this place

http://www.chingmo.com/

if any of you know this place and trained with them id like your opinion and anything you can prepare me for.
    WC would probably NOT be my first choice, but since you made it you have to realize a few things.
    MA training will vary from teacher to teacher, regardless of system.
    Some may focus more on technique and less on physical conditioning, expecting YOU to get into shape on your own time and class time is for teaching, not getting into shape.
    Others make physical condition the most important thing.
    Some will put you sparring right away, others may take a very long time to do that.
    Some will focus on drills and other on forms and some will be very hands on and others will leave you to figure it out yourself.
    All methods have merits, but not all methods are right for all individuals.
    WC may not be for you or it may be and a certain teacher may not be the right fit.
    Be patient, allow yourself to be taught, BUT set goals for yourself and if they are not being met, be honest as to WHY they aren't and IF the trouble is you, fix that and IF the trouble is your teacher, fix that too.
    Time is the only thing that you can NEVER get back, it is priceless and YOUR times is just as valuable as everyone elses.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

shows how stupid you are he was being sarcastic, and your not qualified to speak on any topic what so ever.
    And I was being ironic!!!

Christ!!!!!

It is like conversing with "dumb and dumber".....LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    i think its best to leave him to his re runs of kung fu and let him larn from them
    Yes, it is best to "leave" me..... Your time will be better spent with Dragonzbane, so that you two can discuss the intricacies of "irony" and "sarcasm". However, take it easy in the beginning as we wouldn't want any of your heads to explode from the "intellectual" pressure.......

the first thing you must do is understand just what kung fu is... kung fu is time spent in energy - so if you're doing something(anything) make sure you do your best to spend your time in energy wisely and with the sincere intention to progress in whatever it is you decided to aquire kung fu in.

how are you a tiger guy?? you seem to be a dragon guy... 22 in the year of the tiger makes you a possible dragon.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    And I was being ironic!!!
    never can judge the amount of stupid you posses so I just go for the literal terminology when speaking with you.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    I'm just surprised to hear that Chin Woo is offering WC...
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

OP (original poster), after reading through the walls of text, the back biting, the bitterness and plain bad manners you can see what years of training in Wing Chun can lead to.

Are you sure you want to go down this path?

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
    OP (original poster), after reading through the walls of text, the back biting, the bitterness and plain bad manners you can see what years of training in Wing Chun can lead to.

Quoted for the truth !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Sorry for budding into this argument (rather unrelated to this thread I think..)..but since I may just be starting out today I wanted to know how it went, tigerguy? Thanks.

never can judge the amount of stupid you posses so I just go for the literal terminology when speaking with you.
    I see that you are still confused and trying to figure it out, and good luck to you, but do it somewhere else as this is a Wing Chun thread and you do not practice authentic kung fu, let alone Wing Chun!

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post

The trouble always starts with clueless MMA-ists who frequent these forums and stalk any genuine kung fu practitioner who shows their cluelessness. Just have a look at how the argument started in this thread.....

Please don't blame Wing Chun or its practitioners, Dragonzbane who is the forum stalker is flaming his own personal issues, rising among other things, from his cluelessness when it comes to genuine kung fu training.

As for Sanjuro, then he should have known better then to support your statement....

John Waters would envy all the man attention Hardwork gets around here.

HW108, you are one of the major contributors to this mess. In fact you are probably the biggest 'wall of text poster' on the forum. You do a pretty good job of being petty and back biting as well. So is this due to your Kung Fu training or is it a failure of your Kung Fu training?