Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dude check it out -- rooting tables?!

Swiss balls are fun for BJJ-related exercises, though how good the skills transference is is debatable. Jeff Glover does some crazy stuff on it. I spent a fun filled few hours trying to emulate him, but the ball popped on me and I ended up suddenly sitting on the floor on a sheet of deflated plastic with some training buds laughing at me.

Better for keeping COG centred over imaginary opponent, though once again how well it translates into real BJJ is debatable.

Jeff Glover is a good fighter with a proven contest rep atinternational level, so I'm doing what good fighters do and advocate. No need for the self appointed forum police to attack me.

Standing on the ball might help with balance, but not with "rooting" IMO. A chi sao contest on a pair of Swiss balls would be a pretty short one
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Lame. Indo boards would be cheaper and more challenging. All that bosu ball and instability stuff is questionable in any case.
    I thought you would've commented about how us aussies don't need tables to help with rooting :P

I thought you would've commented about how us aussies don't need tables to help with rooting :P
    It had crossed my mind
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

The best tool to develop any skill in a physical endevour is THAT physical endevour.
    Anything beyond that is just "fun" and "window dressing".
    Sure using supplementary exercises can have SOME cross over, but again, the more realted the exercise the better the cross over.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !