Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: WC teachers would have nothing to teach if...

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    I am not trying to start a war. Let us get back on track.

Everyone relax please.
    I'm relaxed and have no interest in a war of words. We are discussing here. Having a little tea like Yip Man, Sum Nung, and Yuen Kay Shan in the old days in Futshan.

Mysterious, who are you? What is your name? What is your lineage? How long have you trained?

We know mostly everyone here, so its good to know whom we speak to.

Here, there's no "famous" or "not famous", just WCK players.

Just curious to know.

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    Having a little tea like Yip Man, Sum Nung, and Yuen Kay Shan in the old days in Futshan.
    And I'm sure they never argued.

If mysterious doesn't want to give his background, he doesn't have too. There's no requirement of that to come to this forum and post views. While it's nice to know a bit about the person you're conversing with, he isn't required to qualify his views by listing his background.
    This type of repeated questioning IMO is an attempt to see who he is and possibly discredit him or his views because of it. If it was just once, no biggy, but how many times has it been asked? 3?? Jeez, talk about attachment!

BTW, Robert has been asked a few times about his background by punch, which he's repeatedly ignored.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

No interest in discrediting anyone.

I just like to know who I am speaking with and the background of whom I speak with.

No need for degeneration. I relate better to people rather than "handles".

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Every system incorporates structure, I think that Roberts' tends to focus on it more in the beginning so that that "delivery platform" for their techniques is well developed.
    Is that advantageous compared to system that don't?
    To be honest, I don't know.
    I can tell you this though, from experience I have learned that certain systems need to be trained a certain way to get the right development.
    I think that's a fair assessment and a balanced response. Not something that we see very often in these forums. Thanks Paul.
    'Talk is cheap because there is an excess of supply over demand'

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    I think that's a fair assessment and a balanced response. Not something that we see very often in these forums. Thanks Paul.
    Serious question deserves a serious answer.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    If mysterious doesn't want to give his background, he doesn't have too. There's no requirement of that to come to this forum and post views. While it's nice to know a bit about the person you're conversing with, he isn't required to qualify his views by listing his background.
    This type of repeated questioning IMO is an attempt to see who he is and possibly discredit him or his views because of it. If it was just once, no biggy, but how many times has it been asked? 3?? Jeez, talk about attachment!

BTW, Robert has been asked a few times about his background by punch, which he's repeatedly ignored.
    My point exactly.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

With all honesty, I never understood the issue with telling people your MA background, who you trained with and when.
    I don't get it at all.
    Sorry.
    One should be proud of what they have accomplished in their MA journey.

Wink

With all honesty, I never understood the issue with telling people your MA background, who you trained with and when.
    I don't get it at all.
    Sorry.
    One should be proud of what they have accomplished in their MA journey.
    My point exactly!

And conversely, what is there to hide?

My background is readily available in numerous magazines, interviews, and a few books and DVD's.
    Last edited by chusauli; 05-28-2010 at 09:44 AM.

Your bios were made available by choice. I choose not to reveal mine. Honestly I do not care about any of your bios so I am baffled as to why you care about mine.

I have a novel idea. Stop asking me about my bio. You wanted to sell books, dvds, be a world famous teacher, etc so you put up your bio. I undersand that you are trying to guage my level of knowledge so you can bring me down when you do not agree with me. Forget it. You only get access to my opinions and occasionally bad spelling.

Can we all let it go now?

That entire paragraph brought up another good point. This uprooting only really happens during contrived drills like chi sao. No one gets uprooted during sparring, only hit.
    Um... Uprooting can happen in sparring but it also depends on who are you sparring with and with what type of equipment you are wearing. Are you sparring with someone with equal skills? If so then I would assume that both of you know enough to stay rooted on the ground. If that is the case then yes it's hard to uproot that person. If you are sparring with someone with less skills then you, sure you can uproot them.

Are you both wearing boxing gloves, if so then yes it's also hard to uproot someone using that. For me, uprooting someone is done when I am using MMA glove or no gloves and doing a palm strike with my body behind the strike.

If you look at my video that I have poster on youtube a while back, I was doing "gwoh Sau" with my SiHing. Please note it was just Gwoh Sau" and you can see clearly that couple times I was uprooted.

In Sparring if we are both using MMA gloves, can he do that to me, sure he can. For him to uproot me is at the same time to control my actions. Learning how to hit someone is easy, learning how to control is the other level.

However the main thing is to be able to experience the effect of uprooting someone either in the giving or the receiving end. No typing on a forum board will be able to show you that particular effect.

Your bios were made available by choice. I choose not to reveal mine. Honestly I do not care about any of your bios so I am baffled as to why you care about mine.

I have a novel idea. Stop asking me about my bio. You wanted to sell books, dvds, be a world famous teacher, etc so you put up your bio. I undersand that you are trying to guage my level of knowledge so you can bring me down when you do not agree with me. Forget it. You only get access to my opinions and occasionally bad spelling.

Can we all let it go now?
    I've been on MA forums for a bit, I was even an admin on the infamous Bullshido for awhile and all the time I have never had issues with telling anyone who I was or under whom I trained, why would I?
    When people ask me it is usually to gauge my experience and to weight what I post accordingly, just as you don't take the advice of a 1 year med student at the same level as a doctor of 20 years, it is the same in the MA.
    To see it right off the bat as"
    I undersand that you are trying to guage my level of knowledge so you can bring me down when you do not agree with me"
    sounds, well, paranoid and rather disturbing way to go through life.

just as you don't take the advice of a 1 year med student at the same level as a doctor of 20 years, it is the same in the MA.
    I disagree with this. Just because someone has clocked in more years doesn't mean it was time well spent. I've seen guys who have wasted their entire youth with a fraudulent teachers and schools and have nothing to show for it.

I would rather have one year of quality training that 20 years of crap.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

I've been on MA forums for a bit, I was even an admin on the infamous Bullshido for awhile and all the time I have never had issues with telling anyone who I was or under whom I trained, why would I?
    When people ask me it is usually to gauge my experience and to weight what I post accordingly, just as you don't take the advice of a 1 year med student at the same level as a doctor of 20 years, it is the same in the MA.
    To see it right off the bat as" sounds, well, paranoid and rather disturbing way to go through life.
    The last sentence of your post was unnecessary. You made a judement on me and you do not know anything about me. Imagine the ammo you would have if you knew other stuff! Your comment just proved my point. I did not give you what you wanted so you got all whiny and made a negative remark about my life. Nice job.

The current president of the US had less than one years experience as a politician and the majority of he country felt he was a better candidate than John Mcain.

There is a wing chun lesson to be learned in all of this. These gentleman are trying to get a sEnse of who I am or otherwise they do not know whether to agree with me or not. This is similar to wc needing to have a bridge or in T's words be a connected fighter. Without a bridge it is just "sloppy kickboxing".
    I am providing no bridge for them and because of that they feel deficient.

Everyone, cheer up. It is Howdy Doody Time.