Thread: Looking for a Wing Chun Sifu in Toronto

Looking for a Wing Chun Sifu in Toronto

Hey everyone,

I live in Toronto and want to start learning Wing Chun but I am having a tough time finding a Sifu other than Sunny Tang. I remember reading somewhere while searching that Ho Kam Ming's son teaches in Toronto but not sure if he still does. Can anyone help me out by telling me about other Sifus in the area and how I can contact them. Thanks!

Just wanted to report where I am studying and I have been learning Wing Chun at Chung's Arts Academy in Markham.
    Last edited by daredevilinside; 06-23-2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Update!

Quote Originally Posted by daredevilinside View Post
    Hey everyone,

I live in Toronto and want to start learning Wing Chun but I am having a tough time finding a Sifu other than Sunny Tang. I remember reading somewhere while searching that Ho Kam Ming's son teaches in Toronto but not sure if he still does. Can anyone help me out by telling me about other Sifus in the area and how I can contact them. Thanks!
    Depends what you are looking for...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Hey everyone,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good student of Ho Kam Ming teaches but is selective about who he teaches.PM me or send email via my website and I can forward the info. about yourself, your background and a sense of how serious you are in your inquiry.

joy chaudhuri

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Depends what you are looking for...
    I learned Wushu and My Jhong Law Horn when I was younger. I need a Sifu who can continue my Martial Arts development.

I learned Wushu and My Jhong Law Horn when I was younger. I need a Sifu who can continue my Martial Arts development.
    What are your issues with Tang? What line of Wc are you interested in?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry.After looking at your posts, I can't help you.

joy chaudhuri

Toronto Sifu you should check out

hi,

Sifu Ryan Kennedy teaches in Toronto.
    I highly recommend him.

http://www.torontowingchun.com/

Lineage: Yip Man > William Cheung
    "Kick his ass, Sea-Bass!" - Dumb and Dumber

I know Ryan, and he's very good. I recommend him also.

If you're looking for practical Wing Chun combat applications. I recommend my student Sifu Ryan Kennedy.
    The school has other martial arts instructors and they have regular "throw downs" to test their skills against other styles including grapplers.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Hi All,

I am starting up a small, personal Wing Chun school. To start I will be teaching from my home in Mississauga.

I've been practicing Wing Chun for 8 years now. I learned it while I was in Malaysia. I just moved back to Canada and eager to share my knowledge with others.

If you are interested in learning Wing Chun you can contact me at alexklkam@gmail.com

Alex