Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Democrat James Carville tells it like it is

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    really?

I highly doubt that you'll never come back here again.
    So you can't find even one example.

Since you can't, kindly stop making baseless assertions then.

I think your being here and spreading these neo-con bs lies and agitation is likely connected to some job you have, or you are suffering from chicken little syndrome and do this kind of thing in a lot of places as if you are doing a service to the community or something. lol
    Ok, you're right. You got me.

BTW, what's your reason for being here and matching me post-for-post?

I still have yet to see you participate intelligently in a post about traditional chinese martial arts, kung fu, qi gong or any of the other subject matter that is the focus of this place.
    Unlike you, I don't consider myself an expert in things I've had no education/training/experience in. Since I have about zero knowledge of those things, I don't debate/discuss them.

I've participated in the MMA and boxing areas/threads.

so, i simply don't believe you when you say stupid things like that because you've been shown to be wrong before on many occasions and yet you are still here pushing a neo con information agenda and regurgitating rush limbaugh and fox news. lol
    I can't really decipher that run-on sentence. Please rephrase it.

whatever dude. keep banging your drum I guess.
    And you keep matching me post-for-post.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    So you can't find even one example.

Since you can't, kindly stop making baseless assertions then.
    not that I can't find them, just not going to bother looking. You know it's been pointed out to you before where you were outright wrong on the facts. But anyway...

Ok, you're right. You got me.

BTW, what's your reason for being here and matching me post-for-post?
    I've told you before, this is the taint section and it's where I troll. Sometimes it's a soft trolling and other times it's hard trolling. really, beside goofy youtube vid shows, there's not a lot to do in an off topic forum beside trolling, but you knew that!

Unlike you, I don't consider myself an expert in things I've had no education/training/experience in. Since I have about zero knowledge of those things, I don't debate/discuss them.
    ha! YOu discuss plenty of stuff you demonstrably have no knowledge of.

I've participated in the MMA and boxing areas/threads.
    with taunts aimed at rudy abel? that doesn't count. lol

I can't really decipher that run-on sentence. Please rephrase it.
    nay, tis english read again. It's quite clear in content.

And you keep matching me post-for-post.
    yep export and import of SQL dbases is a dull task and requires almost no physical interaction in the during part of the import or export.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally Posted by SanHeChuan
    I love how conservatives equate or elevate people losing money above people losing their lives.
    Did I say that, or are you once again making stuff up and saying you found it in my posts?
    My point was that when Katrina hit, the press and the Democrats said it was all Bush's fault and he was skewered for not doing enough, not caring, being a racist, etc. But when disaster strikes the same area and a liberal Democrat is President the press is mum while he does NOTHING for the victims, and is instead golfing, playing basketball, attending fundraisers in California, etc.
    This post sounds to me like you think doing nothing while people are dying, is the same as doing nothing while people are losing money. If that is not what you think, then you wouldn’t expect Obama to get equal criticism as bush, would you.
    Last edited by SanHeChuan; 06-01-2010 at 11:26 AM.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Actually 11 people have died so far, and many people cleaning up the oil are reporting serious health problems.
    Just to be specific, those 11 people were killed by the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon, not as a result of the spill.

Which begs the question; how many people have been killed by the spill itself?
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

not that I can't find them, just not going to bother looking. You know it's been pointed out to you before where you were outright wrong on the facts. But anyway...
    So you made another accusation about me without having a shred of evidence to back you up. At least you admitted it.

Again, I openly admit I've been wrong on facts a time or two. And when shown sourced info that proves me wrong, I've gotten on here and admitted I was wrong. You said I make stuff up. Apples and oranges.

I've told you before, this is the taint section and it's where I troll. Sometimes it's a soft trolling and other times it's hard trolling. really, beside goofy youtube vid shows, there's not a lot to do in an off topic forum beside trolling, but you knew that!
    Fair enough, again thanks for the honesty. I myself do enjoy spirited political discussions though.

ha! YOu discuss plenty of stuff you demonstrably have no knowledge of.
    Like...?

With taunts aimed at rudy abel? that doesn't count. lol
    I had a goal in mind when doing that, and I achieved my objective.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    This post sounds to me like you think doing nothing while people are dying, is the same as doing nothing while people are losing money. If that is not what you think, then you wouldn’t expect Obama to get equal criticism as bush, would you.
    How so, considering the paragraph you quoted never mentions dying or deaths?

Bush was criticized for his lack of caring, lack of Federal action, not spending enough money, not showing up enough, his racism , flying over the area in Air Force 1, etc. Obama got a pass on the entire disaster. I just pointed out the hypocracy in that. Do you not agree there was/is a double standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Just to be specific, those 11 people were killed by the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon, not as a result of the spill.

Which begs the question; how many people have been killed by the spill itself?
    Ah, but now your liberal arguments can be used against you.

See, secondhand smoke and pollution kill people, right? You liberals have been saying for decades it does, it just takes a long time. Well, this oil is giving people health problems that may well have long-term health effects, maybe even death. And don't forget food poisoning. Almost 1/3 of the Gulf's fishing areas are now off-limits as of today due to the fear of tainted seafood (31%).

Remember, once Katrina was over, the dying was over. But it was still Bush's job to clean it up, buy people new homes, find them jobs, etc.

So please explain why Bush was expected to fix everything Katrina related quickly, but Obama is getting a pass while the flow of oil hasn't even been stopped yet.

See, secondhand smoke and pollution kill people, right? You liberals have been saying for decades it does, it just takes a long time. Well, this oil is giving people health problems that may well have long-term health effects, maybe even death. And don't forget food poisoning. Almost 1/3 of the Gulf's fishing areas are now off-limits as of today due to the fear of tainted seafood (31%).

Remember, once Katrina was over, the dying was over. But it was still Bush's job to clean it up, buy people new homes, find them jobs, etc.
    I have yet to see any reports of the oil spill itself affecting people's health adversely (though I could be wrong). I have seen reports alleging that the chemical dispersants being used are causing sickness. I'm not saying that the spill will not have an effect, though I suspect it will be more as a result of the damage to the ecosystem rather than a direct impact to the health of the residents on the Gulf Coast.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

See, secondhand smoke and pollution kill people, right? You liberals have been saying for decades it does, it just takes a long time.
    So, do you believe that second hand smoke and pollution do not pose health risks?

I have yet to see any reports of the oil spill itself affecting people's health adversely (though I could be wrong).
    Not to be a ****, but you must not be reading the news lately. Both CNN and FoxNews had it as headlines on their webpages last week.

So, do you believe that second hand smoke and pollution do not pose health risks?
    Pollution, yes. Secondhand smoke, no.

Pollution, yes. Secondhand smoke, no.
    I give up, the internet wins.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    I give up, the internet wins.
    never give up! the internet can't win by virtue of ubiquitous ignorance.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

No, it has won.

I think Obama is getting the heat put on him now and will only worsen as the short term and long term effects of the spill/leak take hold and become evident.
    This thread began with a post of Carville, a former Dem advisor and current Louisiana resident, effectively berating Obama and the current administration for not taking action, or at least taking too late an action on the crisis. Though this post may be just another 1bad attack on Obama and anything not hard line repub, I think much of what he's stated in regard to the oil spill is fair, and arguably how much, if not most of the country, feels about it right now.