Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OMG Has this forum died!!!

OMG Has this forum died!!!

For as long as i can remember, this was the busiest martial arts forum I knew of.

A post made one minute could be off the front page with in the hour or faster.

Now I look and the front page has barely moved in 3 days?

What happened here?

Everyone's on sherdog.

Got me, I'm recently returned from a long absence.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A View Post
    For as long as i can remember, this was the busiest martial arts forum I knew of.

A post made one minute could be off the front page with in the hour or faster.

Now I look and the front page has barely moved in 3 days?

What happened here?
    Same. I switched from Cyberkwoon under a different name years... maybe nearly a decade ago?

I opened this account more recently, but things have drastically dropped since then even.

I mostly lurk.

I remember a thread, where someone else brought this up, prob a year and a half ago, and a bunch of people replied that everything relevant had been discussed.

BS obviously.

I'd say the regs only come on to flame newbs, and the newbs subsequently flee, tailtucked.

There is little discussion otherwise.
    "Siezing oppurtunities causes them to multiply" Sun Tze

Blog Entries
    What happened here?
    9 out of 20 threads are either WC or MMA threads. In WC thread, if you agree with WC principles, none WC guys will argue with you. If you don't, WC guys will argue with you. In MMA thread, if you are a CMA guy and if you want to express your opinion, you will have to defend TCMA all by yourself as if you have nothing better to do.

If you know that you will get into argument, why do you still want to say anything?
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 05-28-2010 at 10:27 PM.

It's not dead, it's pretty active.

The off topic is the hot new troll palace and this forum is slowly returning to normal with relevant threads at times and some good discussions here and there.

We actually thought you had died, or at least forgotten your passwod again.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I agree its dying. There are far too many OT posts. Even members who I thought were genuine posters now start sidetracking threads with BS.

ah well.

it's not dying, it is simply in metamorphic process... as in all things there is an ebb and flow to the tide of energy - everything is all energy of course... listening to and discerning the cycles and phases becomes the great game to keep our spirits active.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

The off topic is the hot new troll palace and this forum is slowly returning to normal with relevant threads at times and some good discussions here and there.

Reply]
    The off topic section is really slow too though.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfoot View Post
    I agree its dying. There are far too many OT posts. Even members who I thought were genuine posters now start sidetracking threads with BS.

ah well.
    Reply]
    This place has allways been full of off topic posts though.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post

Reply]
    I just checked, the off topic forum is Soooo busy, that it still has posts from 5/13/10 on the front page!!!

In the old days, we would be lucky if a forum had a topic from 13 minutes ago on the first page. Conversations from the same hour could be 3 pages deep back then. Now we go weeks and weeks?

Yup, this place died.

My Guess is Ross killed it.
    Last edited by RD'S Alias - 1A; 05-29-2010 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouKnowWho View Post
    9 out of 20 threads are either WC or MMA threads. In WC thread, if you agree with WC principles, none WC guys will argue with you. If you don't, WC guys will argue with you. In MMA thread, if you are a CMA guy and if you want to express your opinion, you will have to defend TCMA all by yourself as if you have nothing better to do.

If you know that you will get into argument, why do you still want to say anything?
    Reply]
    Actually, this, and personal attacks by certain people are why i stopped following for a long time.

I actually stumbled into a forum for paranoid, paramilitary survivalist wack'os that I actually can enjoy civil conversations on. THAT forum replaced this one for me due to the more grown up atmosphere....and they are all stock piling guns, ammo MRE's and building remote fortresses in the wilderness to survive the Arrmmogedean and fight the final battles of the apocolypse.

I think that there are more and more social networks on the net.

a lot of people are chatting on facebook and such.

and networking, too.

but specialty forums or forums of all kinds are still here to stay.

---

Reply]
    This place has allways been full of off topic posts though.
    And YOU still can't reply without typing in "Reply]" you ridiculous shit?

Greetings,

I have noticed that this forum dies during the times of college midterms and finals; counting summer/winter sessions, that is 4 to 10 times a year. Every word that I type, during those times, has an echo to it. What is amazing is that these guys do manage to come back.

mickey