Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Undisputed III

I really like this movie, although the basic story (bloodsport-type secret tournament) has been done to death. Another complaint I had about this one (and I think also Undisputed II) is that the dialog is often difficult to hear or understand. They mumble a lot, and the soundtrack compounds that problem.

I like the guy who plays the Cuban fighter. He's Marko Zaror, a Chilean MAist who's the lead in another good movie, Mirage Man. I actually like his stuff better than Scott Adkins' stuff, who plays Uri. MA-wise, Undisputed 3 has a lot of variety. A lot of XMA stuff, which can sometimes be overdone nowadays, along with TKD, Capoeira, 52 Blocks(?), Muay Thai, BJJ, etc.

im going to have to check out undisputed 1 and 2 this the chain a story line with the character uri?

there were a couple times i had to backtrack to get a word or two that was mumbled english with a russian accent...lol

ya i liked all the fighting, and mixing in the styles of origin was a neat idea. im somewhat disappointed they didnt highlight any bjj at all as thats definately a very popular style, and they did have a brazillian fighter, they went with the capoeria though. i would have liked to see him break out a bit of bjj mix with the capoeria, but maybe that is just me.

it seems to me also that the cuban fighter was the kungfu rep as they have that scene that is very wing chun ish on the training dummy.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Yeah, Marko Zaror sometimes likes to do stuff on a Wing Chun dummy; he also does some of that in Mirage Man.

Undisputed 1, as far as I know, was not actually a MA film, and if I remember right, starred Wesley Snipes and Ving Rhames. (??) The character of Uri was introduced as the villain in Undisputed II. The lead character in part II was Michael Jai White.

I still feel the best onscreen blending in of BJJ is in Flash Point with Donnie Yen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Yeah, Marko Zaror sometimes likes to do stuff on a Wing Chun dummy; he also does some of that in Mirage Man.

Undisputed 1, as far as I know, was not actually a MA film, and if I remember right, starred Wesley Snipes and Ving Rhames. (??) The character of Uri was introduced as the villain in Undisputed II. The lead character in part II was Michael Jai White.

I still feel the best onscreen blending in of BJJ is in Flash Point with Donnie Yen.
    i agree with you on flashpoint. also i cannot wait for donnie to do that again, if you watch flashpoint with donnies commentary he mentions areas he could have done better on certain shots due to his lack of technical skill. but he's been studying and improving his knowledge, so i think the next showing he does is going to be quite the treat.

im going to have to pick up undisputed2, i think MJW is pretty good on screen. that is an interesting twist using the villain from one film as your star 'good guy' in the next. pretty crafty
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.