Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rashad Using Some Movements Similar to Monkey?

Rashad Using Some Movements Similar to Monkey?

If anyone saw the fight between Rashad and Rampage last night, I found it interesting that a few of his moments were right out of the Monkey play book, as I understand it. The low stance and extended arm that set up the takedown. Dave Camirillo also does a lot of monkey-like stuff. I have often thought that if monkey stylist stopped larping and incorporated some BJJ into their fighting that they would be pretty formidable because they could use their knowledge of unorthodox but effective entries to take people down.
    Last edited by HumbleWCGuy; 05-30-2010 at 07:42 AM.

in nothern martial arts, there is concept of "dou" one on one dueling and "da zhan" battlefield fighting.
    new book on effective strategy chapter one says
    "there are people who fight "good" in a duel one on one but in a real war they are the first to run away. do not recruit them."

most northern martial arts will not work in modern one on one fighting because they train "da zhan" battle field fighting.

being calm and cool, using subtle footwork, wearing your opponent out, having a careful guard, being quick your feet, they are useless in battlefield fighting. people good at one on one duels are called "jing"
    meaning they are "good"(sarcasm)

many northern techniques leave you exposed and easy to get knocked out. its done on purpose, to build courage, not for winning a fight.

im sorry to tell you.
    Last edited by bawang; 05-30-2010 at 08:21 AM.

此丰伟不可恃big muscle cannot be trusted
    艺精而胆不充 or those good at one on one duels
    则临事怕死, they will be afraid to die
    手足仓卒 in a real battle they will turn slow and sluggish out of fear
    尽乃失其故态 they will be terrified and seem like a different person
    常先众而走 often the first to run
    ,则未遇之先爱择便宜 those who only duels one on one and never saw a real battle like to take advantage of rules and choose conditions that make them win
    未阵之际预思自全之路 but in a real battle they will only think of survival
    临事之际,除已欲先奔犹之可也 in a real battle they often freeze in fear or run away
    ,呼之不闻,推之不动 you shout at them they dont answer, you push them they dont move; they are completely in shock
    第一选人以精神为主,而当兼
    用相法,亦忌凶死之形
    the most important is spirit; recruit ones whose appearace radiates death

so historically military commanders say from experience recruits who are "too good" at one on one sports fighting(chinese lei tai did have rules; no groin/throat and you can wear protective leather guard. death match was a myth) doesnt prepare you for killing people because you get adrenaline rush.

muhammad ali may be a godly boxer, but if he was in ming china and he saw screaming japanese pirates covered in blood and tying naked children on a pole and setting them on fire maybe he would not fight so good in that different environment, and not be able to pull off his subtle boxing footwork
    Last edited by bawang; 05-30-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    此丰伟不可恃big muscle cannot be trusted
    艺精而胆不充 or those good at one on one duels
    则临事怕死, they will be afraid to die
    手足仓卒 in a real battle they will turn slow and sluggish out of fear
    尽乃失其故态 they will be terrified and seem like a different person
    常先众而走 often the first to run
    ,则未遇之先爱择便宜 those who only duels one on one and never saw a real battle like to take advantage of rules and choose conditions that make them win
    未阵之际预思自全之路 but in a real battle they will only think of survival
    临事之际,除已欲先奔犹之可也 in a real battle they often freeze in fear or run away
    ,呼之不闻,推之不动 you shout at them they dont answer, you push them they dont move; they are completely in shock
    第一选人以精神为主,而当兼
    用相法,亦忌凶死之形
    the most important is spirit; recruit ones whose appearace radiates death

so historically military commanders say from experience recruits who are "too good" at one on one sports fighting(chinese lei tai did have rules; no groin/throat and you can wear protective leather guard. death match was a myth) doesnt prepare you for killing people because you get adrenaline rush.

muhammad ali may be a godly boxer, but if he was in ming china and he saw screaming japanese pirates covered in blood and tying naked children on a pole and setting them on fire maybe he would not fight so good in that different environment, and not be able to pull off his subtle boxing footwork
    Next time I get in a mixup at the pub, I'm going to tie naked children to posts and light them on fire!!!! See how those wankers feel about that!

Then start a ufc career based only on my various techniques of torturing my opponents loved ones or at least shaking his sensibilities with some dastardly deed or another.

pet rape could be another avenue of terror that hasn't been looked at as far as the ring goes. But whatever works right?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

bro
    bro
    hay
    hay bro

can i borrow your dog

in nothern martial arts, there is concept of "dou" one on one dueling and "da zhan" battlefield fighting.
    new book on effective strategy chapter one says
    "there are people who fight "good" in a duel one on one but in a real war they are the first to run away. do not recruit them."

most northern martial arts will not work in modern one on one fighting because they train "da zhan" battle field fighting.

being calm and cool, using subtle footwork, wearing your opponent out, having a careful guard, being quick your feet, they are useless in battlefield fighting. people good at one on one duels are called "jing"
    meaning they are "good"(sarcasm)

many northern techniques leave you exposed and easy to get knocked out. its done on purpose, to build courage, not for winning a fight.

im sorry to tell you.

No doubt that there is some truth to what you are saying, but I find it a bit disingenuous to write-off people's lack of fighting success as a simple misunderstanding about the purpose of various arts.

i write new message because we have a misunderstanding.

empty hand fighting is never the main focus of chinese martial arts.the focus is weapons for army formation fighting.
    traditionally empty hand fighting isnt even considered martial arts. jixiaoxingshu from 1560 says "many schools teach their students boxing before teaching them martial arts."

chinese boxing use weapon principles to prepare for weapons. butterfly knife doesnt follow your wingchun principle. your wingchun follows butterfly knife principle.

thats why chinese boxing is inferior to western boxing. but chinese wrestling is traditional sports competition so its very good. so chinese wrestling + western boxing = sanda
    Last edited by bawang; 05-30-2010 at 04:20 PM.

i gave you hard written historical documents from 1560 by famous general qijiguang who has killed thousands of people in real life.

how many people did helio gracie kill? ZERO
    how many people did mas oyama kill? ZERO

why do u have an obsession to make kung fu "work"?

northern kung fu is supposed to make you easy to get knocked out. when you know you will probably lose and youre not scared anymore, you finish the empty hand training and move to weapons. the ultimate goal of northern martial arts is to train you to be meat shield and not be afraid to die.
    What northern kung fu I have know has never failed me. So in that sense, I am not trying to make it work. I have a strong sense, that it has, does, and will continue to work. Does, Northern have a stronger military application? I would concede to that.

The, idea that people should train to fail so that they won't be afraid is a bit laughable as a tactical advantage. Even if that were that were a philosophical decision on the part of the military for a time, there has been a lot of system development previously, during, and after that time period. Moreover, I have seen too much workable Northern Kung Fu to buy that the goal has always been to fail. You seem to be basing your analysis on the idea that Nothern Kung fu was derived strictly from military training with long, rich tradition of failure kept in tact.

chinese boxing use weapon principles to prepare for weapons. butterfly knife doesnt follow your wingchun principle. your wingchun follows butterfly knife principle.
    NO... The weapons of Wing Chun were added later. Wing Chun was and is primarily an empty hand system.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    You seem to be basing your analysis on the idea that Nothern Kung fu was derived strictly from military training with long, rich tradition of failure kept in tact.
    yes exactly
    its been one thousand year tradition to rush meat shield infantry then back up with rifle and arrow squad with chain cannons

thats why the chinese lost so many men in the 22nd world war. they used traditional qing dynasty human wave tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    NO... The weapons of Wing Chun were added later. Wing Chun was and is primarily an empty hand system.
    it comes from fujian martial arts which bases on knife and stick fighting principles

true chinese martial artist
    Last edited by bawang; 05-30-2010 at 04:34 PM.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    that helmet he has on rocks... i want one.....
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

it comes from fujian martial arts which bases on knife and stick fighting principles

That's possible but it would not be consistent with any of the origins of WC.

Regarding your other ideas. While it is true in fact that much of martial arts was designed to fight with weapons initially, it is also true of all martial arts, not just Chinese martial arts. There are schools of martial arts from all traditions including TCMA with strong hand to hand skills, I am not willing to accept weak fighting skills, based on a supposed adherence to a weapons fighting past. Generally speaking a schools that put out people weak fighters in hand to hand does so in weapons fighting as well.

being good at hand fighting is meaningless. it doesnt prove anything. continue true spirit of chinese martial arts by training knife and firearms

white crane pistol and shaolin shotgun = the future
    tai chi tactical knife training
    praying mantis assault rifle training

real chinese martial arts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie7_bKuDeTk
    Last edited by bawang; 05-31-2010 at 01:42 AM.

being good at hand fighting is meaningless. it doesnt prove anything. continue true spirit of chinese martial arts by training knife and firearms

white crane pistol and shaolin shotgun = the future
    tai chi tactical knife training
    praying mantis assault rifle training

In the absence of any legitimate weapons-fighting skill, it is just an excuse. If we are going to say that our emphasis is on weapons then I need to see time and effort devoted to them during training. Most importantly, I need to see the skill.