Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Video: Kung Fu Fight at Subway goes Bad

Video: Kung Fu Fight at Subway goes Bad

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    he may have lost more than his arm if brachial artery got nailed...

That is why you never take your eyes off your opponent to grab your stuff when he is just feet away.

How many fights are on Youtube where some idiot thinks "I wanna be macho and take my shirt off" and as he takes his shirt off, the guy he is about to fight takes a shot?
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 06-01-2010 at 10:29 PM.
    I have a signature.

Well I guess the guy who kicked him is going away for a long time.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

The reality of fighting is that, there is always the potential for very serious injury or even death.
    Fighting is serious business but somewhere along the line sit became "acceptable
    behavior".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    The reality of fighting is that, there is always the potential for very serious injury or even death.
    Fighting is serious business but somewhere along the line sit became "acceptable
    behavior".
    I don't think fighting is acceptable behaviour. Maybe I'm not reading what you're saying as correct.

Within society, physical conflict that results in harm is wholly unacceptable.
    We reach after it through sports and such, but in day to day mundane riggings and doings, it doesn't belong in greater society.

It is because of the very real threat of fatality to someone that it is not acceptable and it is also why so many oppose the very idea of bloodsports to satisfy a desire.
    It is not dissimilar to how masturbation is practiced.

Ultimately, fighting is not about who's right, it's about who's left.

Pay attention, be harmonious, be awake and most of all be a human being.
    That way, stuff like this doesn't really come into your life.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

A famous Russian once wrote "you may not be interested in war, but war may be interested in you"

There are clearly times you can NOT avoid violence, no matter what some sectors preach.

That being said, those times can get way out of hand and the consequences are never predictable

Had a recent run-in with this reality. Glad I was prepared, not happy I had to use that preparation
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Too many people do think that violence is acceptable, that is the problem.
    Too many people are walking around looking for violence.

Dave, That is the tight attitude to have, don't look for it but be prepared for it.
    The thing is, the reason WHY one must be prepared is because there are those looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    A famous Russian once wrote "you may not be interested in war, but war may be interested in you"

There are clearly times you can NOT avoid violence, no matter what some sectors preach.

That being said, those times can get way out of hand and the consequences are never predictable

Had a recent run-in with this reality. Glad I was prepared, not happy I had to use that preparation
    yep, I agree with this statement.
    It's true and it's a good enough reason to get some martial training into your life.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

That was really sad to see two young people's lives ruined in one moments madness

God Bless.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    That was really sad to see two young people's lives ruined in one moments madness

God Bless.
    I had a friend, he got into a fight, nothing serious, just a typical fight that people get into.
    He hit the guy, the guy fell down and his head hit some stairs and he was in a coma for 3 days.
    He was fine and nothing happened, but those 3 days were the worse days in my friends life.
    I don't think he was ever the same.

Blog Entries
    One of my students once handled a bar fight perfectly. His opponent kept punching at him, he kept dodging and blocking. At the end his opponent got so frustrated, sat down on the chair, and didn't understand why he could not hit his opponent. The fight ended peacefully and nobody got hurt.

One of my students works for AP and went down to do a photo essay in the Prison at Angola, LA. Out of everything he saw and heard the one recurring theme with all of the inmates was if they had only just let it got at that one critical moment before there was no turning back, then they would not be where they are today.....
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

@ that one critical moment
    Been thinking of getting back into writing lyrics^^^finally found a topic subject after a week of pondering...onsome gangstarr **** at that critical moment....flashbacks and putting in work bundle stacks dealing with jerks. wooh

One of my students works for AP and went down to do a photo essay in the Prison at Angola, LA. Out of everything he saw and heard the one recurring theme with all of the inmates was if they had only just let it got at that one critical moment before there was no turning back, then they would not be where they are today.....
    Angola is a lovely place. It looks even better when looking at it over your shoulder. He was right too. Some of those boys probably left home to get a quart of milk or a loaf of bread and ended up doing hard time for something that just seemed like a good idea at the time. I spent some hard years there myself, but then I was railroaded. I was innocent I tell you.