Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Heroes

Kung Fu Heroes on America's Got Talent

Good luck with this.
    Wednesday, 02 June 2010 16:21
    America’s Got Talent: Recap for Tuesday June 01, 2010
    by Momthemaid

America’s Got Talent is back for its fifth season. The dreaded giant X buzzards are back to dash the hopes and dreams of some of the contestants. Most of the judges are back. Piers Morgan, Sharon Osbourne return, and replacement judge Howie Mandel joins the panel with fresh opinions. He said he has been a part of this show since the beginning. He has been judging from home on his couch where he was in his underwear.

Howie is a breath of fresh air and a handful at times. He is genuinely excited to be a part of the show. He says he is looking for someone exciting, different, and someone to WOW him. Of course our host Nick Cannon is back for the fifth season as well.

We start the night off right with the cutest duo ever. 9-year old Little Bailey “B Boy Bailrok” Munoz with his ultra cool mohawk and 5 year old “Baby Boogaloo” Brown danced their way into America’s and the judges hearts as Future Funk. Piers said they can really good dancers for their ages, and Howie called their performance his first “Wow moment” of the show.

Naturalized citizen Ranses Valentt came to this country four years ago hoping to make his dreams a reality. He is a very jovial person. He and Howie have a connection after Howie accidently buzzes him. They laugh and laugh. Finally he begin to sing very badly. He is screeching out the Kansas hit “Dust In The Wind”. Nick asks viewers to move their dogs to another room. He is again buzzed by Howie, this time on purpose. Sharon and Piers buzz as well. Ranses leaves with a smile and a thank you.

On the flip side of Ranses awful performance we had Hannibal Means. He is a voice teacher who has a colorful wardrobe and an eerie anatomic voice with perfect diction. He started singing the last half of Hallelujah, and before long Piers buzzed him for over doing it. Everyone else truly enjoyed him. He was a pleasure to hear while singing but a bit strange to actually watch.

The Kung Fu Heroes came out and were a kicking success. All the judges agreed that they were the very best kung fu act they have ever had on the show so far. Nugget comes out and introduces himself and begins his. He opens up a suit case and we see the partner to his dance routine all folded up inside the case. They rip off their shirts and Piers buzzes them. They begin to contort, twist, and disfigure the human form while remaining in time and in step. Piers is unhappy and Howie informs him “This is the point at home I am screaming at you to shut up!”. Sharon turns to Piers and says “Did you hear him shut up?” With two yeses they will be back on stage in Vegas with another one of their many other styles.

Some of the acts going through include Maricar the sexy cat woman with a whip. I honestly believe she is only going to Vegas to be eye candy for Piers and Howie. Then there was Haspop. He is a father from France who came to America to become famous and make his children proud. He has a wonderful self taught dance style that pleased all three judges. The New Directions Choir, which is comprised of retired military personal who were homeless. They received a standing ovation from everyone in the studio and trust me there wasn’t a dry eye in the house. They are a force in this competition. Lastly there was Michael Grimm. He has a sad story and a sexy soulful voice that was a pleasure to listen to. Sharon asked him to remove his hat to see what was going on under it. She was pleased to see a full head of curly dusty blond hair. A smile reached both sides of her red cheeks. He called his grandma to tell her he made it through to the second round and she told him she wasn’t surprised because she believes in him and is proud of him.

Some strange and interesting acts flowed through the evening. We met Evan Berst a 72 year old shoe leather salesmen. He has been dancing since he was 9 and married to the same woman for fifty years. He had some serious moves but the judges thought he wouldn’t be able to sustain an audience for an entire show. Nick decided he needed a partner and came out and started dancing with him. They then received 3 buzzez. Evan voes he will return next year and prove his moves are great for a 73 year old.

The Swing Shift Side Show was a trio that came out to the theme from Adams Family. They didn’t fail to keep the audience’s attention. No matter how creepy and strange they seemed the 2 of the judges want to see more in Vegas.

The Chainsaw Chicks failed to impress with their attempt to saw through blocks of ice. Maybe shorter Daisy Dukes or a rubber cat suit and whip would have helped? Ronith was an impersonator with one voice. For whatever reason Howie and Sharon want to see him return and show them more. There is even an adult cheerleading act to make it through to the next round.

All and all the America's Got Talent had a lot to offer this first night. I am excited to see what Dallas has to offer tonight. I am sure it will include some shockers both good and bad.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Shed a Tear? Applause!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    (looks at white ppl doing backflips on youtube)
    (sheds single tear for kung fu)
    Perhaps Phil has been a little remiss in outlining the extent of what he has done;

Took part in two Mainland China Reality TV Shows; K Star & the Jackie Chan Reality TV Show. He was also a performer on the recent Tina Turner concert tour. Does a successful Martial Arts Camp (We Are Making Ninjas) that teaches not only Wushu & current Shaolin, but also Jujitsu, Kenpo, etc... Has taken part in the World Traditional Wushu (Kung Fu) Championships in China. Most recently he & his group (Kung Fu Heroes) of co-Martial Artists took part in the America's Got Talent Show. When I look at what he's doing, I see that he is not only promoting himself (like a lot of Grandmaster's of the Chinatown Universe) but a group of other young forward thinking & genuinely talented Martial Artists as well as Chinese Martial Arts as a whole and in a very positive light.

Shed a tear, I applaud the young man! Boy got Ging!
    Etiquette requires us to admire the human race.
    --Mark Twain

I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.
    --Mark Twain

Questioning my knowledge has made you look even more ignorant
    --Shaolinsky

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    So?

I'm willing to bet that these guys could do anything that's in TCMA tomorrow and probably execute better than guys with 15 years TCMA only experience.
    Smoke some more bro <burp>
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    Smoke some more bro <burp>
    How'd you know I'm a fan of the Rubber Guard?

It's not a bad thing. It will generate interest and once those people come into YOUR school, then you can teach them the difference between performance wushu and actual martial arts.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Well I've always maintained that garnering support to fill your own ego will only make a "big head." But using support to pursue an idea shared by common people will help spread its message. I am a representative of martial arts culture; I have no ego to strengthen only a tradition to maintain. For those of you that are voting thank you for all for the support. - Philip
    Last edited by wr2; 06-04-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    It's not a bad thing. It will generate interest and once those people come into YOUR school, then you can teach them the difference between performance wushu and actual martial arts.

Goodness I don't see why people would come to my school just because they saw a bunch of dancers on TV
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by wr2 View Post
    Well I've always maintained that garnering support to fill your own ego will only make a "big head." But using support to pursue an idea shared by common people will help spread its message. I am a representative of martial arts culture; I have no ego to strengthen only a tradition to maintain. For those of you that are voting thank you for all for the support. - Philip
    Phillip;
    If you want to be on TV that's cool bro. There is nothing wrong with pursuing the life of an entertainer. I do not have anything against you personally but your approach rankles a bit. You say that you are interested to " Help Create Free Kungfu Wushu Camps in America" but I get the feeling from all the other associated hype "look at me look at me" business along with the name KUNG FU HEROS tagged to a PERFORMANCE GROUP, that you are really just another aspiring "polisher of the silver bowl" & that you see this corporate sponsored " Help Create Free Kungfu Wushu Camps in America" as just another vehicle on the ride to fame and fortune......

If I am mistaken please forgive me.

Recently when I was moved to post about my decision to commit my time to teaching young people in the mid-west who's family might not be able to afford my class, I wasn't looking to get on TV, wasn't looking for a sponsorship and I was not looking to promote myself. No I was simply sharing my ideas in discussion with some of my respected brothers in the martial community in hopes of inspiring others to do the same. My project will use my own monies and associations to make it happen.

IMHO The true Kung Fu HEROS are the people who teach quietly to their dedicated groups seeking only the feeling that comes from watching people grow from their disciplines and doctrines respective of their daily, consistent self cultivation rituals.
    I have no intention to be insulting or to derail your thread, I am simply adding my two cents on this discussion forum.

With all due respect.

LOK
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Thumbs up

Phillip;
    If you want to be on TV that's cool bro. There is nothing wrong with pursuing the life of an entertainer. I do not have anything against you personally but your approach rankles a bit. You say that you are interested to " Help Create Free Kungfu Wushu Camps in America" but I get the feeling from all the other associated hype "look at me look at me" business along with the name KUNG FU HEROS tagged to a PERFORMANCE GROUP, that you are really just another aspiring "polisher of the silver bowl" & that you see this corporate sponsored " Help Create Free Kungfu Wushu Camps in America" as just another vehicle on the ride to fame and fortune......

Recently when I was moved to post about my decision to commit my time to teaching young people in the mid-west who's family might not be able to afford my class, I wasn't looking to get on TV, wasn't looking for a sponsorship and I was not looking to promote myself. No I was simply sharing my ideas in discussion with some of my respected brothers in the martial community in hopes of inspiring others to do the same. My project will use my own monies and associations to make it happen.

IMHO The true Kung Fu HEROS are the people who teach quietly to their dedicated groups seeking only the feeling that comes from watching people grow from their disciplines and doctrines respective of their daily, consistent self cultivation rituals.
    I have no intention to be insulting or to derail your thread, I am simply adding my two cents on this discussion forum.

With all due respect.

LOK
    +1

Show business is a hideous bitch goddess.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

america needs more kung fu like this
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTA4OTkyNjg=.html
    this real kung fu

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    +1

Show business is a hideous bitch goddess.
    She will scratch your eyes out and sprinkle in some sequens as she taps her feet to a titillating show tune.

True story BTW
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    america needs more kung fu like this
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTA4OTkyNjg=.html
    this real kung fu
    Hmmm....I think we need more kungfu like this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKmYd0Q2hXg

Phillip;

With all due respect.

LOK
    I see your point... originally I agreed with your statement show business is no easy business and when I started training I never said, I'm gonna use this and be a star, and then everyone follow me, and despite what mediocre status some people may think I have, The truth is my family has been in martial arts for 3 generations we have had many students and currently house over 19 coaches that teach many different martial arts, In the beginning we always struggled like many other schools to stay open. My family and myself still teach classes 6 days a week and with many children on scholarships we barely ever break even.

I think that given the opportunity many teachers would choose to share their passion with a larger audience. If people see me or one of my comrades on TV we don't care if they don't remember our name, whats more important is that they find a connection with the discipline and the mindset it takes to do the things we do. Whether you are a closed door teacher or one who seeks to share a little bit of what you have learned with others we all have the right to call ourselves "teachers" of an art. I guess the difference between you and I is we are teachers with a different method, but I believe we are still teachers with the same heart.

Much respect...

Also on a side note if we get the funding we would love to host a free training camp or seminar at your location. Help us vote and if we make it I would be honored to come and teach alongside you... best wishes - Philip

As an update, I want to extend a tremendous thanks to everyone involved in our project! We have come very far from the 300's and are now in the 60's! As the days are counting down I strongly urge everyone here to keep voting and reposting the links daily. With your help we can all contribute to making a positive impact and help the project move forward! Support our cause to see free Kungfu Wushu Camps come to life in America...

http://www.refresheverything.com/kungfukidscamps

Selena Gomez on America's Got Talent!

Actually I saw on Phil's & Jingde's FB that they would be on the first live results show tomorrow. I tried to search but only came up with Selena. Everything on Kungfu Heroes was from last week.
    ACTRESS AND SINGER/SONGWRITER SELENA GOMEZ & THE SCENE AND TONY AWARD-NOMINATED 'ROCK OF AGES' TO PERFORM ON FIRST LIVE RESULTS SHOW OF NBC'S 'AMERICA'S GOT TALENT' WEDNESDAY, JULY 14

First Four Acts From the Top 48 Move into the Semi-finals

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. - July 13, 2009 - Actress and singer/songwriter Selena Gomez & The Scene and the Tony Award-nominated musical "Rock of Ages" will perform on the first results show of NBC's "America's Got Talent" Wednesday, July 14 (9-10 p.m. ET). In addition, the first four acts going into the semi-finals will be revealed live.

Gomez & The Scene will premiere their single "Round & Round" from their upcoming album, "A Year Without Rain," which comes out September 21. Gomez's last album yielded her the platinum single "Naturally" and the album later went gold. Fans may know Gomez best for her starring role on Disney Channel's "Wizards of Waverly Place."

The cast of "Rock of Ages" will perform a medley of songs from the show with a surprise special guest. "Rock of Ages" opened on April 7, 2009 at Broadway's Brooks Atkinson Theatre to critical acclaim and continues to be Broadway's Best Party. Constantine Maroulis of "American Idol" stars as the lead alongside Emily Padgett and James Carpinello. This past year the smash hit musical comedy garnered five Tony nominations, launched a production at Toronto's Royal Alexandria and will kick off their first National Tour in September.

In its fifth season, "America's Got Talent," airs Tuesdays (9-11 p.m. ET) and Wednesdays (9-10 p.m. ET) on NBC. Nick Cannon hosts. Sharon Osbourne, Howie Mandel and Piers Morgan star as the celebrity panel of judges.

"America's Got Talent" is produced by FremantleMedia North America and Simon Cowell's SYCO Television. Simon Cowell, Cecile Frot-Coutaz ("American Idol"), Jason Raff, Ken Warwick ("American Idol") and Georgie Hurford-Jones are executive producers.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

kung fu wushu camps... LOL... wow.