Thread: HORSE STANCE

J.L.BLACKSTONE Guest

HORSE STANCE

I HAVE TRAINED MYSELF TO DO HORSE STANCE FOR
    FIVE MINUTES. WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF DEVELOPING A POWERFUL HORSE STANCE.LUKE.?

Taijimantis Guest
    I think it is interesting that you are so into the mechanics of the style already.

Leg strengthis the basis for power in a lot of movements, the horse stance will help to develop this. I feel that when executed properly the alignment of the waist will become much more evident in other stances later on. The twist of the waist is the source of striking power in many of the TCPM movements.

While I am glad to see that you are encouraged, and that you have a great desire to understand the different aspects of your chosen art, my advice to you in the early stages is just to keep it simple and go with the flow. The advantages of strong basics will present themselves over time. Dont try and get ahead of yourself! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Do what your Sifu tells you! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"And the Lord Said; 'It may be that you will think: "The Teachers instruction has ceased, now we will have no teacher!" It should not be seen like this, for what I have taught and explained to you , will at my passing, be your teacher.'"

--Digha Nikaya I6.6.I