Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mortal Kombat

Mortal Kombat

i cant believe nobody posted this yet its been up since yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_MqZn7E-mk

Article:

http://www.filmofilia.com/2010/06/09...-in-the-works/

I posted about it in the U3 thread yesterday. I feel weird starting threads though. I feel weird on this forum since I don't actually practice MA. Alright enough of my weird explanation about why I didn't start a thread on it.

I think it looks really cool. if I were to elaborate more on that thought it would be a super long ass post!!
    "For someone who's a Shaolin monk, your kung fu's really lousy!"
    "What, you're dead? You die easy!"
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    “I don’t usually smoke this brand, but I’ll do it for you.”
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!
    "I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

That looked pretty sweet !!
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    if I were to elaborate more on that thought it would be a super long ass post!!
    do share
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

You asked for it Lucas! Alright this movie looks BADASS!!! A dark movie and hopefully R-rated. It also looks kinda cheesy unfortunately. Like with the way they introduce Sonia Blade. But I will still see this the day it comes out!

I’m not a MK geek, but I did go to the arcade every day to play this game when I was in grade school. I’ve seen people on the internet say stuff recently like “this movie doesn't look true to MK”. And I say so what! Who cares?! Oh wait, you care? and you and you and you and you and you and you? OK, I’m not looking to get ganged up on here guys. You are entitled to your opinions I suppose. I will be watching this movie as a movie fan, not as a hardcore MK geek, so I think this will benefit me.

Lets have a look at the cast. We have MICHAEL JAI WHITE!!!!!!!!!! Lateef Crowder!!!!!!!! Matt Mullins!! Jeri Ryan!!!!!! Wait a sec. Jeri Ryan? Is that the chick from Boston Public? EERRRRRRRRRRRRR goes the buzzer!!! This is a red alert here folks. RECAST HER AND PUT CYNTHIA ROTHROCK IN THIS ROLE. Sure she’s not as pretty, but she could whoop Jeri Ryan’s ass in 10 seconds flat. Next up- Ian Anthony Dale!!!!!!!!!!! Alright hold on again. Ian Anthony Dale? The guy from that kickass Daybreak TV show with Taye Diggs? Alright I’ll give him a chance. He was good in Daybreak, and he is playing scorpion, so he BETTER be a badass.

The fight choreographer is Larnell Stovall, the choreographer for Undisputed 3!!! Do I even need to elaborate on that?!?! Lucas?

Also if you didn't watch the last seconds of the trailer, then you need to watch it! It is the best part of the trailer. "Get over here"

I'm so excited for this movie! Too bad it is probably going to be a long time before we see it in theaters!
    Last edited by jethro; 06-09-2010 at 12:28 PM.
    "Hold on now. I said I would forget your doings, but I didn't promise to spare your life. Take his head."
    "When all this is over, Tan Hai Chi, I will kick your head off and put it on my brother's grave!

Jethro,
    I agree with everything you said, except Jeri Ryan.
    She is freaking hot !

With god training and a good choreographer, she can be made to look like see can kick ass.
    Of course they could have gotten Gina, the MMA babe
    But going with good actors is always a good move.

Jethro, thanks for your breakdown. I havnt had the opportunity to check the trailer yet, but I will when i get home, promise! You are giving me some high hopes there buddy, better not let me down!

I really liked the first 2 MK movies, and I was playing that game like crazy in grade school too.

oh hey sanjuro, goo look at my book thread thing i need a new book!!!

oh and i totally agree on Jeri Ryan she is freaking hot!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by jethro View Post
    You asked for it Lucas! Alright this movie looks BADASS!!! A dark movie and hopefully R-rated. It also looks kinda cheesy unfortunately. Like with the way they introduce Sonia Blade. But I will still see this the day it comes out!

I’m not a MK geek, but I did go to the arcade every day to play this game when I was in grade school. I’ve seen people on the internet say stuff recently like “this movie doesn't look true to MK”. And I say so what! Who cares?! Oh wait, you care? and you and you and you and you and you and you? OK, I’m not looking to get ganged up on here guys. You are entitled to your opinions I suppose. I will be watching this movie as a movie fan, not as a hardcore MK geek, so I think this will benefit me.

Lets have a look at the cast. We have MICHAEL JAI WHITE!!!!!!!!!! Lateef Crowder!!!!!!!! Matt Mullins!! Jeri Ryan!!!!!! Wait a sec. Jeri Ryan? Is that the chick from Boston Public? EERRRRRRRRRRRRR goes the buzzer!!! This is a red alert here folks. RECAST HER AND PUT CYNTHIA ROTHROCK IN THIS ROLE. Sure she’s not as pretty, but she could whoop Jeri Ryan’s ass in 10 seconds flat. Next up- Ian Anthony Dale!!!!!!!!!!! Alright hold on again. Ian Anthony Dale? The guy from that kickass Daybreak TV show with Taye Diggs? Alright I’ll give him a chance. He was good in Daybreak, and he is playing scorpion, so he BETTER be a badass.

The fight choreographer is Larnell Stovall, the choreographer for Undisputed 3!!! Do I even need to elaborate on that?!?! Lucas?

Also if you didn't watch the last seconds of the trailer, then you need to watch it! It is the best part of the trailer. "Get over here"

I'm so excited for this movie! Too bad it is probably going to be a long time before we see it in theaters!
    idk about her not being pretty anymore

She's no Jeri Ryan, but not bad at all, has she gotten nicer as she's aged ?

WOWZAZ!!!! I saw her recently on the Dragon Dynasty Above the Law DVD and she still looks good, but **** she looks REALLY good there! I've always been a fan of her behind, but from now on I will be paying more attention to her front area! ****!!!! Somebody cast Rothrock in a movie! She needs to make a comeback!! No more crappy movies! This is why people don't think much of her. Put her in a good movie! Like Mortal Kombat!

yeah she's def had some work done in the frontal area but i gotta say they look good, whoever she got to do them did a **** good job.

Yeah I agree. I first noticed her front in Sworn Justice I think, the movie where she's naked, and I thought they looked a bit fake, but you won't hear any complaints from me

Greetings,

I can tell when I am really excited about something by how often I blink; the less I blink, the more excited I am. During that trailer I did not blink much at all.

Did anyone notice a WATCHMEN type feel to the trailer, from the dialogue, the cinematography, all the way to the fight choreography?

Now regarding Jeri Ryan. I kept making Freudian slips when I referred to her Star Trek character. Instead of Seven of Nine, I called her character Six Nine. Those words immediately came back to me when I saw her in the trailer. Where is my bib? Somebody took my bib!!!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS MOVIE TO DROP!!!!!!!

mickey

its just a pitch guys, an AWESOME pitch but just the pitch. no telling if warner bros. is gonna go to court to get the legal rangeling out of the way to have the rights full and out right. but hopefully this trailer can really push them. i remember they wanted to do another mortal kombat film but went into a legal hurddle they didnt even know they had, so instead of pushing forward they stopped. however add a super kick-ass trailer and the fact that the studio is already enthusiastic about making another mortal kombat, means there is a good chance this will be a film...so yay for us...

Greetings,

If they decide to make this, I hope they keep this scene. It is one the best hooks ever.

mickey