Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Question about sparring

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76
    I could care less about what skills he has
    Just as well.....LOL

only pointing out that you have a problem and it's a little scary,
    You would not be scared so easily if you had trained REAL kung fu....

the obsession goes beyond norm. When you start swearing everyone is "Him"
    There, you are doing a "Sanjuro" on me.......I.e. slandering!....Again, I only believe that Bawang and Kansuke (and possibly you ) are Dave Ross. Anything else is an exaggeration (read: LIES) coming from you guys!

and comparing everything you write about to "him" it's disturbing.
    More exaggeration and sensationalism.......

You do understand "dave ross" is not a little boy, your usual pedo target?
    And here you are reverting to your hom0sexual fantasies again.

Seriously, what is it with you knucklehead MMA-ists and your obsession with h0m0sexual themes????

Is it your none stop man-grappling training, perhaps?
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 06-28-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    The source of power that you were NOT referring to is fundamental to fighting and the integrity of one's roots and stance will dictate wether the type of power/energy generated, hence the range and effectiveness.
    irrelevant in this context. we are talking about basics looking the same in a fight, which is where the whole "reverting back to kickboxing" thing comes from. basic ma striking looks similar, hence the capoeira, cma, jma and thai guys I posted all looking the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m7IJpdZaDo

BT is a bagua guy who used to post here. this clip looks like the others. I wouldn't guess any of these guys xingyi, bagua, or whatever cma style they train.

Here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsFmWipioeg

The ridiculous theatrics aside, the kung fu man had roots as compared to his adversary. Of course, there are some people who for whatever reason have solid roots....
    of the three vids, the boxer seemed the most skilled, go figure...

You "care" enough to communicate with me with your kung fu-clueless posts....!
    nah. trolls amuse me.

I train my Wing Chun and Chow Gar on my own, but you will be glad to know that I practice a third style in proper kung fu kwoon.
    I gotta ask...what style?

Very true. He is probably as clueless as you. That does not mean that I was criticizing Chan Tai San's lineage. Chan Tai San must have taught hundreds of students, most of whom are still clueless.....that is how it works, even when there are real kung fu masters and lineages involved, or do you also think that all of Yip Man's students represent his proper Wing Chun lineage??? LOL!
    by that logic, you are likely just as clueless as everyone else. I like your logic here.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    your obsession with arguing with hardwork is just as bad as his obsession with ross
    burns time at work...one thing i can count on is arguing with him.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    burns time at work...one thing i can count on is arguing with him.
    Another thing you can count on is opting to get a life.........

Another thing you can count on is opting to get a life.........
    I know you should.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    irrelevant in this context. we are talking about basics looking the same in a fight,
    And I am talking more about real fighting then sports competitions. That is why my video clips were of real fights.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    which is where the whole "reverting back to kickboxing" thing comes from. basic ma striking looks similar, hence the capoeira, cma, jma and thai guys I posted all looking the same.
    Again, the power mechanism will dictate how the punch looks. If you are using a kung fu mechanism that is dependent on rootedness, then you may thrown the same punch but without the "hopping" in a boxing or a kickboxing style.

I was taught to spar in a rooted stance and I am sure that you will agree that how one fights will depend on how (and how hard) one practices.

BT is a bagua guy who used to post here. this clip looks like the others. I wouldn't guess any of these guys xingyi, bagua, or whatever cma style they train.
    I hazard a guess that the bagua on the video is the modern Western version of this art. I have good reason to believe this.

of the three vids, the boxer seemed the most skilled, go figure...
    Well the boxer was fighting two drunk guys, whom he surprised and nailed!
    While, one of the kung fu guys was fighting 3 people who were ATTACKING him, with objects in their hands. He was also much OLDER than them!

The other kung fu guy was fighting in a match situation. No surprises either side, they both knew they were going to fight and then it kicked off.

Firstly, I am surprised that you did not see the above facts, yourself. Secondly, you, just like many other MMA-ists here, seem to be leaning towards the boxing, bjj, mma camp, while you still insist on posting in a KUNG FU forum.

Finally, my reason for posting those videos was to highlight the KUNG FU roots of the fighters as opposed to the boxer, to counter the myth that all fights look like kickboxing.

Having said, because of all the rules, and the nature of sports fighting, many arts may looks similar in the ring, but that is not always the case:

Have a look at this Shotokan karate (as taught to the Japan self defense police force) fights (the fighting starts at 1:20, and it is contact!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_zmL6BRCOA

There is a little bit of bounciness as is common in Japanese Karate tournaments, but what you see is karate and not Kick boxing.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStars
    nah. trolls amuse me.
    Then you must really love yourself.....

I gotta ask...what style?
    It is my own style. I mixed the elbows and knees from Muay Thai, with close range punching from Wing Chun, then I added deadly kicks from Tae Kwon Do, and ground fighting from BJJ and Judo, and I ended up with my own fantastic "improved" kung fu style which I will be teaching in my newly made Glorified Kick Boxing Gym in New York.....

Oh, I almost forgot, I will also be putting in the best and latest Olympic weight training equipment for those "kung fu-ists" who want to further improve their internal strength....

by that logic, you are likely just as clueless as everyone else. I like your logic here.
    There is nothing wrong with my logic, unless that is, you think that all of Yip Man's students and disciples represent the Yip Man's GENUINE Wing Chun.....
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 06-29-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Have a look at this Shotokan karate (as taught to the Japan self defense police force) fights (the fighting starts at 1:20, and it is contact!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_zmL6BRCOA

There is a little bit of bounciness as is common in Japanese Karate tournaments, but what you see is karate and not Kick boxing.
    haha I remember learning that same form way back in the day. Forgot about it until i watched vid.

Anyways, the fighting looked about the same in standard to san shou, The guy states in vid "CAN BE USED AS A SPORT AS WELL" So I don't know what your trying to do here with the "kickboxing" issue, which I really don't care, just seems like your trying to disavow someone else's practice again.

haha I remember learning that same form way back in the day. Forgot about it until i watched vid.
    IMHO, you should have stuck to it as Shotokan karate is a very rich and effective art, if practiced properly.

Anyways, the fighting looked about the same in standard to san shou, The guy states in vid "CAN BE USED AS A SPORT AS WELL" So I don't know what your trying to do here with the "kickboxing" issue, which I really don't care, just seems like your trying to disavow someone else's practice again.
    Christ man, are you always so dense?

I am not "disavowing" someone else's art. I am pointing out that generalizations such as, "all fighting is like kickboxing", are erroneous!

Furthermore, no one is denying that MA "CAN BE USED AS A SPORT PRACTICE".....

Why do you always miss the point?

Also, anyone else think that the fighting in that video looked like "standard sanshou"? LOL!
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 06-30-2010 at 05:17 AM.

IMHO, you should have stuck to it as Shotokan karate is a very rich and effective art, if practiced properly.
    never said it wasn't.
    Funny thing is I've forgotten more than you ever learned or will so stop with the lecturing.
    am not "disavowing" someone else's art. I am pointing out that generalizations such as, "all fighting is like kickboxing", are erroneous!
    and who states that all fighting is like kickboxing?? sounds more like something you would state. You whine and complain all the time... wahhh wahhhh... david ross hurt my feelings. So therefore I don't like san shou or sport oriented arts... wahhh wahhhh..... like a freakin baby. grow up.

Furthermore, no one is denying that MA "CAN BE USED AS A SPORT PRACTICE".....
    apparently you did. b!tching and moaning that a TMA would never do such a thing, a "true" master would never teach for such things blah blah blah...crap.
    Why do you always miss the point?
    because your a D!CK. best answer i could come up with.
    Also, anyone else think that the fighting in that video looked like "standard sanshou"? LOL!
    opps my bad... they weren't doing throws in the vid as in sanshou. lol...can i put lol at the end of my sentence since you have that trademark down. That last sentence shows how dumb you really are in concern to MA's.

never said it wasn't.
    Funny thing is I've forgotten more than you ever learned or will so stop with the lecturing.
    Well, knuckleheads were never well known for their good memories....LOL

and who states that all fighting is like kickboxing??
    You would have known who stated that if you had not blindly enter this thread to have your forum butt whipped, and had instead studied the conversation!

sounds more like something you would state.
    Read the d@mn thread!!!

You whine and complain all the time... wahhh wahhhh... david ross hurt my feelings.
    Well, I doubt Dave Ross could hurt a fly.......LOL

So therefore I don't like san shou or sport oriented arts... wahhh wahhhh..... like a freakin baby. grow up.
    You sound confused.

In your obsession with me you have forgotten to read the d@mn thread. So, you come in and put your foot in your mouth, yet again, and now you are trying to wiggle your way out....LOL!

apparently you did. b!tching and moaning that a TMA would never do such a thing, a "true" master would never teach for such things
    If I did, then show me where!

There is nothing wrong with sports fighting if its context is understood.

blah blah blah...crap.
    You are becoming incoherent now. Perhaps, it is time for your medication? LOL

because your a D!CK. best answer i could come up with.
    You seeem to always have "D!ck" on your mind. You really need to sort out your sexuality......

opps my bad... they weren't doing throws in the vid as in sanshou.
    They were also using a shotokan style guard; fighting stance and postures; the strikes were typical for this style!

For someone who claims to have studied Shotokan, you are really clueless!
    Oh, sorry, you must have "forgotten".....LOL!

lol...can i put lol at the end of my sentence since you have that trademark down.
    Hey, what can I say, clueless kung fu tagged MMA-ists have always been a source of laughter for me....LOL!

That last sentence shows how dumb you really are in concern to MA's.
    Oh, really?

OK, I ask again, did anyone think that the KARATE fighting in the video clip I provided in my previous post, looked like Sanshou? LOL!

So you are now an expert in Shotokan as well??? Aren't you the same person always talking about TCMA and blah, blah, blah. Did you switch to Japanese arts out of sheer boredom and rhetoric?!?!
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Eagle_76 View Post
    So you are now an expert in Shotokan as well??? Aren't you the same person always talking about TCMA and blah, blah, blah. Did you switch to Japanese arts out of sheer boredom and rhetoric?!?!
    Who said that I am an expert in Shotokan, however, I recognize it, when I see it. If you don't, then you have no business sticking your nose in this discussion!

time to lock the thread.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Hey guys, don't look now, but Dale Dugas has got me on ignore....

Om Tare Tuttare Ture Svaha.

Hail to Green Tara!

For your mom, HW
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 06-30-2010 at 10:53 AM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.