Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Question about sparring

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Who said that I am an expert in Shotokan, however, I recognize it, when I see it. If you don't, then you have no business sticking your nose in this discussion!
    haha hilarious it says it on the opening of the vid. REAL HARD TO RECOGNIZE when it directly tells you what it is.
    They were also using a shotokan style guard; fighting stance and postures; the strikes were typical for this style!

For someone who claims to have studied Shotokan, you are really clueless!
    Oh, sorry, you must have "forgotten".....LOL!
    expert in shotokan now?? lol

I never claimed to have studied shotokan... I never stated that. I said I learned the form. Doesn't mean I learned the systema. I learned many a form from many different styles, in my "cross training" wanderings. something you won't know about considering you hate everything else except what is on your current "list" of styles.

The hate monger you are. spreading your filth and contemptuous poison. So did your teacher finally just tell you to leave when he realized that you are a complete a$$ moron? He decide to join the spartan army to get away from you and your poisonous trash you preach. Or did you say stuff to others and then claim it in his name? wouldn't put it past you. And yes, you are a D!CK, no gay fantasies about it unless on your part towards boys of a certain age, which would not suprise me at all. Go back to your basement Gollum.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Om Tare Tuttare Ture Svaha.

Hail to Green Tara!

For your mom, HW
    Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    haha hilarious it says it on the opening of the vid. REAL HARD TO RECOGNIZE when it directly tells you what it is.
    Yet, you thought the fighting looked like Sanshou...LOL,LOL,LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76
    expert in shotokan now?? lol
    Not really, but compared to you I probably am...LOL

I never claimed to have studied shotokan...
    Thank god for that. The Shotokan world does not need people like you.

I never stated that. I said I learned the form. Doesn't mean I learned the systema. I learned many a form from many different styles, in my "cross training" wanderings.
    And you still thought that the Shotokan fighters were fighting like Sanshou guys...LOL

That is what I mean when I refer to clueless "kung fu-ists"....LOL

something you won't know about considering you hate everything else except what is on your current "list" of styles.
    Please refer us to where I said that I hated a given style!

The hate monger you are. spreading your filth and contemptuous poison. So did your teacher finally just tell you to leave when he realized that you are a complete a$$ moron? He decide to join the spartan army to get away from you and your poisonous trash you preach. Or did you say stuff to others and then claim it in his name? wouldn't put it past you. And yes, you are a D!CK, no gay fantasies about it unless on your part towards boys of a certain age, which would not suprise me at all. Go back to your basement Gollum.
    With all those "lovely" words above, you have shown who the real hate monger is.

Thank you.

Yet, you thought the fighting looked like Sanshou...LOL,LOL,LOL
    i never stated once that it was sanshou??? I said it was in the same standard moron...god you are just dumber than a bag of hammers.
    Not really, but compared to you I probably am...LOL
    haha you know nothing of me. "probably" in that sentence is about as close as you'll ever get.
    Thank god for that. The Shotokan world does not need people like you.
    and the world in general does not need people like you.
    And you still thought that the Shotokan fighters were fighting like Sanshou guys...LOL
    you are just dumb...lolz putting wording that i never said.
    Please refer us to where I said that I hated a given style!
    between the lines, between the lines....
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Prediction: either certain members and Hardwork will confine themselves shortly to one or two threads of pointless arguing, or they will all get owned by the management for being annoying.

I wish to pull a kamakazi and take him with me for the benefit of all

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    And I am talking more about real fighting then sports competitions. That is why my video clips were of real fights.

Again, the power mechanism will dictate how the punch looks. If you are using a kung fu mechanism that is dependent on rootedness, then you may thrown the same punch but without the "hopping" in a boxing or a kickboxing style.

I was taught to spar in a rooted stance and I am sure that you will agree that how one fights will depend on how (and how hard) one practices.
    did you watch the old guy? his reverse punch also looked like a boxing cross. his chin was way in the air, but other than that, looked like a good, right cross.

I hazard a guess that the bagua on the video is the modern Western version of this art. I have good reason to believe this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o5iR...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSnl3...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ftgp...eature=channel

same guy and some of his students. Here is his teacher:

http://www.blacktaoist.com/chan.asp

Well the boxer was fighting two drunk guys, whom he surprised and nailed!
    While, one of the kung fu guys was fighting 3 people who were ATTACKING him, with objects in their hands. He was also much OLDER than them!

The other kung fu guy was fighting in a match situation. No surprises either side, they both knew they were going to fight and then it kicked off.

Firstly, I am surprised that you did not see the above facts, yourself.
    I noticed. the young guy in your clip still looked like a clown. You don't fight from low stances, he was flailing, etc. you could argue he may have hit him with a sow choy or something similar, but it looked like a random lucky strike to me. The old guy held his own. just from a balance perspective, he doesn't seem as skilled as the boxer, but he held his own.

Secondly, you, just like many other MMA-ists here, seem to be leaning towards the boxing, bjj, mma camp, while you still insist on posting in a KUNG FU forum.
    I also mod this KUNG FU forum...go figure.

Finally, my reason for posting those videos was to highlight the KUNG FU roots of the fighters as opposed to the boxer, to counter the myth that all fights look like kickboxing.
    look at the thai boxing vids. I will post more. no bouncing. solid stance.

It is my own style. I mixed the elbows and knees from Muay Thai, with close range punching from Wing Chun, then I added deadly kicks from Tae Kwon Do, and ground fighting from BJJ and Judo, and I ended up with my own fantastic "improved" kung fu style which I will be teaching in my newly made Glorified Kick Boxing Gym in New York.....
    Great! Where can I sign up?

There is nothing wrong with my logic, unless that is, you think that all of Yip Man's students and disciples represent the Yip Man's GENUINE Wing Chun.....
    I don't care about yip man's wc, frankly. but don't you find it odd how EVERY agrees that the majority of CMA is watered down, fake, etc. but NOBODY ever admits they are part of that majority?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar View Post
    did you watch the old guy? his reverse punch also looked like a boxing cross. his chin was way in the air, but other than that, looked like a good, right cross.
    There are many techniques in the TCMAs that exist in other MAs and I will even agree with you that under sports rules, many martial arts begin to look alike, however, my point is that in a real fight one can sometimes see certain differences, in this case, the roots.

I believe that it all goes down to training. If you have trained to use your roots in a certain way, to generate a certain type of power, and you have trained long and hard enough with a real deal sifu, then that will be reflected in fighting.By the way, and you probably know this, some karate styles also have a similar approach to rooting (and foot work).

Here is another example, a video clip that started the following thread. There is no hopping or "bouncing" as far as the MA-ist, probably a karate-ka, is concerned.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...40&postcount=1

For some reason I could only see one of the videos - a gentleman doing a bagua form.

Here is my idea of Baguazhang, master Ma Chuanxu. His Bagua teachings are extremely Internal and take a long time to learn. I believe that he will only teach the art/Fighting technique when the student has already achieved certain Internal requirements, namely opening the Small Heavenly Circle and Large Heavenly Circle.

According to Master Ma, without the necessary Internal skills, the Bagua techniques are useless. His Baguazhang is Liang style:

Here is a video of the man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NFkU...eature=related

Of course, this will mean nothing to those who are not familiar with Internal methodologies.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStars
    I noticed. the young guy in your clip still looked like a clown. You don't fight from low stances, he was flailing, etc. you could argue he may have hit him with a sow choy or something similar, but it looked like a random lucky strike to me.
    It is difficult to say, to be honest, but then even if it was a lucky shot, it was powerful enough to knock out the gang banger, instantly. However, the kid had solid roots for sure, and that is probably because of a lot of emphasis on roots and stance training, which I might add, is boring, tiresome and darn right painful. However, that is how some traditional kung fu schools (with not so many students, perhaps) teach.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    The old guy held his own. just from a balance perspective, he doesn't seem as skilled as the boxer, but he held his own.
    I wonder how well the same boxer would have done if he was his age and fighting under that same exact situation? And I am not taking anything away from the boxer, who did an impressive job. I was just wondering....

I also mod this KUNG FU forum...go figure.
    Did I ever tell you how wonderful a person I think you are?

look at the thai boxing vids. I will post more. no bouncing. solid stance.
    Thai Boxing has solider stances and of course, it is an individual an rich art. However, I have seen many kickboxers in general who do not have solid stances. Also, the stance solidness of some TCMA incorporates body unity and/or Internal concepts that other arts do not contain.

Great! Where can I sign up?
    Well, I will soon be opening my NYC branch, but I need to think of a suitable name first, and unfortunately "New York San Duh! (TM)", is already taken.

I don't care about yip man's wc, frankly. but don't you find it odd how EVERY agrees that the majority of CMA is watered down, fake, etc. but NOBODY ever admits they are part of that majority?
    That is human nature, but I can speak for myself and say that I have been lucky enough to study under a few real deal sifus. I also do a lot of research on my own time and have found that a lot of the things my sifus taught me is genuine and makes sense once one understands certain concepts and principles of TCMA. Other stuff that I have been exposed to, I have never seen anywhere else, not even in books or MA media, but the methodolgies are valid to my satisfaction because I have seen the sifu's (and his advaned students') abilities first hand.

However, this is the internet and it is always going to be my word, your word and other people's word. Understanding, as always, comes from commonly shared training and experiences.

HW108

PS. By the way, you did not refer to the Shotokan clip I provided. I hope you didn't think that the karate fighting was sanshou like or "sanshou standard"....

So just another thread that has been reduced to dip****108 showing he has a lower IQ than a drunk half retarded inbred orangutan, shortly to be followed by quoting this post with the prepubescent retort something to the extend of, "Well that still makes me infinitely smarter than you har har har."

So just how far is Gene going to let this forum go to **** before he finally purges this waste of biomass from this place for good?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    So just another thread that has been reduced to dip****108 showing he has a lower IQ than a drunk half retarded inbred orangutan, shortly to be followed by quoting this post with the prepubescent retort something to the extend of, "Well that still makes me infinitely smarter than you har har har."

So just how far is Gene going to let this forum go to **** before he finally purges this waste of biomass from this place for good?
    Look, SevenStar and I are having a pretty decent conversation here, the difference between the various MA roots/stances/postures, can dictate fundamental differences in actual and final application,

TCMA roots are a "controversial" area, as they are not generally taught with the intense emphasis that they are meant to be. So yes, sometimes there are "controversies" and misunderstandings, but IMHO, this conversation is interesting and fruitful.

Why don't you keep your slanderous behavior to yourself and run along to the MMA forum and discuss the size of your punch bag with similarly minded people!

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 07-01-2010 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyfoot View Post
    I can't see it on my computer. For some reason I am having problems watching some Youtube videos, on my computer. However, I believe that I have seen this bajiquan fight video and I have posted links to it before.

This is another video where people who have a bit of familiarity with Baji, can recognize it.

Thank you for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post

Bleh. People following and arguing with him in thread after thread are just as bad. He can't argue by himself, and no one appointed anyone else here to argue on our behalf or for our benefit. Either face that your outrage is really your hobby, or confine your mock outrage to one or two threads, but don't blame Gene because you and others can't help but take the bait EVERY SINGLE FRIKKIN TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Bleh. People following and arguing with him in thread after thread are just as bad. He can't argue by himself, and no one appointed anyone else here to argue on our behalf or for our benefit. Either face that your outrage is really your hobby, or confine your mock outrage to one or two threads, but don't blame Gene because you and others can't help but take the bait EVERY SINGLE FRIKKIN TIME.
    And to be honest, I was not even baiting him. SevenStar made some valid points and so have I. Perhaps we threw in some tongue in cheek comments to make the conversation spicier but that has nothing to do with SoCoKungfu, nor other "MMA inclined" forum members who are lurking somewhere waiting to "contribute" to this thread in a negative and slanderous manner, and then go on and blame me for destroying the thread.

The fact of the matter is that these people are bringing in "baggage" from past discussions, where I have questioned, to put it kindly, their TCMA "wisdom" and "knowledge" - which IMHO is based more on their MMA, or none TCMA experience, than any genuine kung fu training - to threads that deal with other subject matters.

Anyway, thanks for seeing through the smoke.
    Last edited by Hardwork108; 07-01-2010 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    Here is another example, a video clip that started the following thread. There is no hopping or "bouncing" as far as the MA-ist, probably a karate-ka, is concerned.

http://forum.kungfumagazine.com/foru...40&postcount=1
    whatever style he's using, he's got WAY more restraint than me.

For some reason I could only see one of the videos - a gentleman doing a bagua form.
    you said the guys were probably doing americanized bagua, so I posted links to them doing bagua forms and a xingyi form.

Here is my idea of Baguazhang, master Ma Chuanxu. His Bagua teachings are extremely Internal and take a long time to learn. I believe that he will only teach the art/Fighting technique when the student has already achieved certain Internal requirements, namely opening the Small Heavenly Circle and Large Heavenly Circle.

According to Master Ma, without the necessary Internal skills, the Bagua techniques are useless. His Baguazhang is Liang style:

Here is a video of the man:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NFkU...eature=related

Of course, this will mean nothing to those who are not familiar with Internal methodologies.
    I will agree, that guy is amazing.

PS. By the way, you did not refer to the Shotokan clip I provided. I hope you didn't think that the karate fighting was sanshou like or "sanshou standard"....
    those guys are really good also. And yeah, it's easily discernible what they practice.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter