Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: U.S. Open Martial Arts Championship James Cama's Hung Ching Students

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    . It's not that it's a secret, I simply respect his wishes to separate himself from all this bullsht. Not sure why this is so hard for you to understand, but whatever.
    Probably the same thing that makes you think that the people who trained in styles that have these drills, did so for how many years, and it never occurred to them to actually test it live, but YOU, with a few years here and there, know so much more than all of them. You put all the missing pieces together and figured this out, turning the TCMA world on its ear.
    Ok, let me break this down for you in a real easy to understand example.
    Hook off the jab.
    You throw a jab at your opponent, who checks it, and you immediately run into the hook, catching him right on the side of the head.
    Basic textbook boxing.
    Now, you think,"That works real well. How else can I utilize this concept?"
    So, you create a few variations on this, and work it.
    You have just done a common Southern short-hand drill, common to styles like WCK and SPM.
    See? Easy peasy.
    The next logical question would be where are the videos of these mantis people testing it "live" as you say. I ONLY see video of the deadly training arm exfoliating drills. Are the sparring videos hidden to keep the deadly secrets of mantis a secret for the 5 people that care?

What is your definition of testing it live? Let us start there. How do you test mantis live? Sparring? Does it look like "mantis" when sparring or does it look like basic boxing?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    The next logical question would be where are the videos of these mantis people testing it "live" as you say. I ONLY see video of the deadly training arm exfoliating drills. Are the sparring videos hidden to keep the deadly secrets of mantis a secret for the 5 people that care?

What is your definition of testing it live? Let us start there. How do you test mantis live? Sparring? Does it look like "mantis" when sparring or does it look like basic boxing?
    videos? Who gives a sh1t about videos? A bunch of forum "experts?" " fighting authorities?" A bunch of internet nobodys? What are you, five?
    You ONLY see what you see on a video, and from that, you judge the world.

uh..what does mantis sparring look like? It looks like hitting. It would definately have similarities to western boxing, but the body structure would be different. Jab,cross, uppercut, hook, all exist in Mantis, along with forearms, hammerfists, elbows, and other strikes.
    The main difference is with SPM, we try to shut him down on the first encounter and follow up with barrage until it's done-if possible. There is no stick and move, no breaking apart unless you ned to disengage and renew your attack.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 07-12-2010 at 08:06 PM.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.