Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimbo gets a boxing lesson from Michael Jai White (vid)

Kimbo gets a boxing lesson from Michael Jai White (vid)

Don't Telegraph:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcWMeT1Pt7A

Discuss.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

The funny this is that Kimbo would destroy him in less than a minute.

Gotta love the fantasy non-fighters who attempt to give real fighters lessons in fighting.

Would have been better if he had said to Kimbo "Ha-ha! I threw that **** before I walked in the room!"

Sorry couldn't resist.

Good video, I will try that tomorrow night if we do some boxing.

As for Knifefighter's comments, supposed he has a black belt in Kyokushin Karate, which last I checked, wasn't exactly a "fantasy non-fighters" style of Karate.
    Last edited by PHILBERT; 07-07-2010 at 09:15 PM.
    I have a signature.

i dont know about all that...yes michael jai white makes movies...but he ****ing trains like a beast.... he fights like one too...only talk what you know...not what you think you know.

There's plenty of evidence of Kimbo having plenty of full-contact fights.

I dont' think there is any evidence of Michael Jai White having done so.

BTW, having a BB in Kyokushin Karate doesn't necessarily mean someone actually has experience in full-contact fighting.
    Last edited by Knifefighter; 07-07-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    i dont know about all that...yes michael jai white makes movies...but he ****ing trains like a beast.... he fights like one too...only talk what you know...not what you think you know.
    Really? Well maybe you could point to some evidence for his fighting ability.

oh **** this is just a thread to discuss the video not a thread to talk **** about someone (who isnt even present mind you) like youre some some 14 year old drooling bullshido mongoloid

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

He's not on Sherdog. What a wimp...

This from wiki so take it for what it is.

'He is an accomplished martial artist, holding seven legitimate black belts in Shotokan, Tae Kwon Do, Kobudo, Goju Ryu, Tang Soo Do, Wushu and Kyokushin,[4][5] with a specific focus in Kyokushin (although his style incorporates aspects of many different martial arts forms).[6] White started martial arts training at the age of seven.'

i dont think he has a fight record. but im sure hes done tons of sparring in his training, unless thats all bs, so while he may or may not have any real fight experience, im sure he has a few things he can share. he wasnt wrong in the vid so it is what it is.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Not just 1 but 7 Black Belts. His website says he trained with Bill Wallace and Benny Urquidez.

http://www.michaeljaiwhite.com/

Of course without a fight video it's all meaningless.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    This from wiki so take it for what it is.

'He is an accomplished martial artist, holding seven legitimate black belts in Shotokan, Tae Kwon Do, Kobudo, Goju Ryu, Tang Soo Do, Wushu and Kyokushin,[4][5] with a specific focus in Kyokushin (although his style incorporates aspects of many different martial arts forms).[6] White started martial arts training at the age of seven.'

i dont think he has a fight record. but im sure hes done tons of sparring in his training, unless thats all bs, so while he may or may not have any real fight experience, im sure he has a few things he can share. he wasnt wrong in the vid so it is what it is.
    Actually, he was wrong in the video. He was trying to say that what boxers do is wrong. There's a reason boxers (and MT fighters, and MMA fighters) don't fight the way he was suggesting. People who have much full contact fight experience generally know that there are specific reasons for that.

i seem to have taken it differently. i saw it from the view of a sucker punch. not a format to fight from.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Sing View Post
    Not just 1 but 7 Black Belts. His website says he trained with Bill Wallace and Benny Urquidez.

http://www.michaeljaiwhite.com/

Of course without a fight video it's all meaningless.
    lol his website is bad ass you have to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    Actually, he was wrong in the video. He was trying to say that what boxers do is wrong. There's a reason boxers (and MT fighters, and MMA fighters) don't fight the way he was suggesting. People who have much full contact fight experience generally know that there are specific reasons for that.
    What I took from It, is what he said... try not to telegraph your punches! My sifu stresses the same point. If you have nothing to read... it's a lot harder for the other person to avoid being hit. In my experience most people do one of two things when striking... they relax sinking the shoulder or tense up slightly raising the shoulder... both give you reads. My sifu does neither... nor does his expression or eyes give away his intent. He trains us by having us shadow box in front of a mirror all the while working on not giving any reads. We then also do partner drills throwing strikes at each other trying not to give the other any reads.

I don't see a problem with that... maybe he worded it wrong saying they do it wrong but, I see nothing wrong with the advice.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifefighter View Post
    continue...what are the reasons?
    Please give examples.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.