Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaztaztic Southern Mantis (Maybe)?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Bwwahh !!
    To be honest, I can't recall the last time I did 100 push-ups myself, other than when I showed my wife in January and then I did 40, 30 and 30.
    Normally I pump out 20 or 30 to warm up my arms and chest before I do my ST.
    I'm a callisthenics guy, don't have room at my place for a good enough weight set, so I tend to do good numbers of them for a form faerie.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    I'm a callisthenics guy, don't have room at my place for a good enough weight set, so I tend to do good numbers of them for a form faerie.
    I am a BW guy ( Bodyweight) so I add weight to me chins, dips, push-ups, squats, etc.
    I use DB for shoulders and arms, but my best friend is a "dip belt" the belt that allows you to hang weight off of it.
    At one point I was doing chins with 75lbs, dips with 110lbs with a BW of 175lbs.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    I am a BW guy ( Bodyweight) so I add weight to me chins, dips, push-ups, squats, etc.
    I use DB for shoulders and arms, but my best friend is a "dip belt" the belt that allows you to hang weight off of it.
    At one point I was doing chins with 75lbs, dips with 110lbs with a BW of 175lbs.
    dip belt! What a pu$$y! A REAL Kung-Fu Man would hang it off of his junk!
    With a meat hook!
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    dip belt! What a pu$$y! A REAL Kung-Fu Man would hang it off of his junk!
    With a meat hook!
    Thank God I DON'T have the authentic TCMA (tm) !!!

I squat for three hours straight with a fifteen pound edge sander and shift around a room without rising while sawdust blows in my face. It's been a twenty-two year regimen. I hand sand all edges, so my fingers are strong to the point that a palm sander is a waste of my time. Then I drink beer, real beer, and eat ham, which you call backbacon out of fear of the real word.

My point with the push ups is if someone is using 100 push ups as a benchmark they are bragging about while others must cowtow to their superiority, they are living in a dream world. 100 is average for many martial arts. My routine should be a cakewalk for martial artists younger than me.

I squat for three hours straight with a fifteen pound edge sander and shift around a room without rising while sawdust blows in my face. It's been a twenty-two year regimen. I hand sand all edges, so my fingers are strong to the point that a palm sander is a waste of my time. Then I drink beer, real beer, and eat ham, which you call backbacon out of fear of the real word.
    You have the real kung fu !!!

and you can keep it.

A real man would develop elephanitis just for the added bodyweight.

A real man would develop elephanitis just for the added bodyweight.
    Well, this thread is taking us EVERYWHERE isn't it?
    LOL !

Well, this thread is taking us EVERYWHERE isn't it?
    LOL !
    Yeah, well, until someone gives us a vid, we've got to talk about something while we wait.

And, in fairness, the real beer I was talking about before is occasionally imported from Canada.

Yeah, well, until someone gives us a vid, we've got to talk about something while we wait.

And, in fairness, the real beer I was talking about before is occasionally imported from Canada.
    I like bud light with lime by the way, it is very refreshing.
    I will see if I can get the wife to record a clip, anything in particular you want me to show on the HB and padded dummy?

I like bud light with lime by the way, it is very refreshing.
    I will see if I can get the wife to record a clip, anything in particular you want me to show on the HB and padded dummy?
    Well, I guess keep it topical for this mantis thread, so you know best on that one, but any chen style stuff in a similar vein would be welcome as well.

I've been working stuff like the chen stuff on my heavy bag, which is not optimal for some techniques, and lately playing with using a partner holding a kicking shield and choosing relative angle and position for some techniques, but you're undoubtedly ahead of me on this practice, so anything you provide will likely be helpful for the project I was asking for your critique on.

I am ignoring the bud light comment. There are some wounds a lime won't heal.

Rooting, Fa Ging, Sequence speed

James Cama Sifu explains rooting, fa ging, and sequence speed.
    http://www.martialartsview.com/index-106.html

By all means let us return to the thread topic. I am not exactly sure what the thread topic is anymore. Lol.

Bruce Lee has his famous inch power vid from when he was in Madison Square Garden. But I have never seen anyone hit using these powers used during sparring. If someone could put up a video of them sparring with "scared power" and actually stopping the other guy then that would be impressive. Until it gets showed though I am skeptical as to its usefulness outside of demonstration.

Remember this famous quote:

"I can demonstrate anything on some guy standing there and not really resisting me."

by Mysteriouspower

Now I am going to try a goal of 400 push ups and then we will see if you guys claim that too. Just kidding. Lol. No more push ups!

Shock power

James Cama's students have consistantly stopped opponents in competition as well as in Gong Sao private combat with shock power techniques. In the wong fei hung tournament his student Jack stops his opponent with a palm to the liver {not a fu non choi} His senior student Mark has knocked out opponents with body blows in private combat. Ask Wing Chun Sifu Alan Lee. Our Sifu and his students have proven themselves in public and in the private sectors for over two decades. Can I see your videos and resume. Better yet how about your name.

are we saying that shock power is close range, intense striking?

watch boxing. julio caesar chavez was famous four knocking people out with liver punches.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter