Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaztaztic Southern Mantis (Maybe)?

From what I've read, they are engaging you in a clear, respectful manner. Disagreement is not disrespect.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

what holds back traditional martial arts, and TCMA in particular, is this idea that once someone is a known instructor, they can do no wrong, if you question anything they do you are being "disrespectful" and the assumption is that if they are a teacher they can't possibly be doing something hooky

I think what has been said here already is on target, if that was a no one we would have been like "WTF?"
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    what holds back traditional martial arts, and TCMA in particular, is this idea that once someone is a known instructor, they can do no wrong, if you question anything they do you are being "disrespectful" and the assumption is that if they are a teacher they can't possibly be doing something hooky

I think what has been said here already is on target, if that was a no one we would have been like "WTF?"
    Funny part is, I used to think that was a cultural effect. However, you see Americans doing it too.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

demanding respect without giving it, or earning it is asking a lot.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

James Cama Sifu has earned it tenfold but he doesn't need me to defend him. Your telling me that Booga flinging, gay, and B.S. is respectful.
    Last edited by Sam; 06-28-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    James Cama Sifu has earned it tenfold but he doesn't need me to defend him. Your telling me tha Booga flinging, gay, and B.S. is respectful.
    I'm saying most of the remarks have been very respectful. And anyway... this is the mother effin KFM forum here. Nothing is sacred.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

I just finally watched the vids... yeah... both are pretty ridiculous, I don't care who they are...
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

To Sanjuro_ronin and MysteriousPowers,
    James Cama Sifu shows everyone respect and when asked his opinion on someone always states that it's different. As far as his performance being B.S., flinging boogers, or gay it is both of you cowards that say this without giving a name. Everyone has a right to their opinion to discuss logically and intelligently but you two were insulting and degrading. Again I ask from what experience are you speaking from. James Cama Sifu is out there showing a very rare form of Kung Fu and if you think it doesn't work come out and see us. By the way what were your names again?
    You REALLY need to re-read those posts of mine.
    The name is Paul Sacramento, I am in Brampton Ontario Canada.
    What else would you like to know?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

James Cama Sifu has earned it tenfold but he doesn't need me to defend him. Your telling me that Booga flinging, gay, and B.S. is respectful.
    Dude, it was in jest and taken in context NO ONE here viewed it otherwise.
    IF Sifu Cama was PERSONALLY offended by those comments, I apologise to HIM.
    Get what I am trying to say here?

Now, you tell me, since you seem to be on a high horse for no reason, IF YOU saw someone you didn't know doing something like that or worse, what would you have said?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    You REALLY need to re-read those posts of mine.
    The name is Paul Sacramento, I am in Brampton Ontario Canada.
    What else would you like to know?
    Where do you keep the keys to your home?
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Dude, there are people who publicly state that Picasso is crap.
    This is an open forum.

People who put on public demonstrations need to understand this: Whatever you worked for, no matter how hard you worked for it is irrelevant. You have now put yourself up for judgment and you can be pretty much guaranteed that a great deal of that judgment will be negative.

As it's a kungfu form, which even on a good day is completely and utterly subject to the eye of the beholder, it is unlikely you'll get a lot of congratulations.

These days, when you do a set performance, it's much more likely you'll be ridiculed for it. So, if you're looking to impress someone, really esoteric, non fighting forms are definitely not the way to go.

As an aside, I don't even know who James Cama is, so I can unequivocally say that he has not earned my respect. Equally I have not earned his either, but I'm not putting up vids looking for respect.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Where do you keep the keys to your home?
    I leave the door open, to encourage intruders.

Disclaimer:
    Since some here have a problem grasping sarcasm and jest, allow me to make clear that I do NOT encourage intruders and do NOT leave my door open.

Just googled your location. Hell naw... you live like a bajillion miles away...
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

See, this is the attitudinal problem w a lot of TCMA folks
    for example u say Cama has earned respect 10 fold; well it's safe to say thY he has earned ur respect and that's all well and good; otoh, he has not earned my respect beyond that which I would ordinarilly give to any individual I might happen to meet in any walk of life; so of course I will afford him the same degree of respect when addressing what he says to anyone who is engaged in trying to communicate principles that are difficult to articulate; that said, there are certain things he says/shows in the video that I disagree with and I therefore pointed them out in a way that I trust would stimulate discourse on the topic; the quesion is can you put aside ur personal admiration for ur sifu and reason objectively or r u too emotionally invested in the image of him as infallible to do so?

My Sifu is very upset with me for answering your posts so I will close with this.
    James Cama Sifu:
    First non-Chinese appointed Head Instructor of the N.Y. Chinese Freemasons Hung Ching position held by many great Sifu's including Grand Master Lam Sang.
    Lineage disciple of G.M. Lam Sang's Kwong Sai Jook Lum Gee Tong Long Pai.
    Lineage disciple of Henry Leung's Fut Sao Wing Chun Kuen.
    New York rep. Meibukan Dojo under Meitatsu Yagi 10th Dan
    Eigth Degree Black Belt under Peter Urban 10th Dan
    James Cama only calls himself Sifu and does not display any of his certificates or rank. He always states that people will know your skill by seeing your hand.
    My apologies to my Sifu and anyone else I've offended.
    Last edited by Sam; 06-28-2010 at 01:08 PM.