Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Spaztaztic Southern Mantis (Maybe)?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    "These super sifus that you touched hands with have accomplished what exactly? THE DEADLY challenge fights(undocumented and unverifiable of course) that occurred in China? I bet. It is easy for you to discount my views as from my own experience or out of my arse because you simply do not agree with them and they hurt your current world view."

well, it's nice that you are so convinced of the answer already formulated in your head. You've already decided that these teachers only claim to fame is some challenge match, and that I have this "world view" which is in alignment with your "world view." There is probably nothing I can say to someone such as yourself. You are totally convinced, and believe you are correct. Anything anyone says to the contrary is met with you putting your fingers in your ears and saying, "La-La I can't hear you!" I as well as others on this forum have given you so many answers, but your cup is so full, you refuse to accept them, or give them any thought. Sorry, I am at a loss.

"I looked up some SOUTHERN praying mantis(your only valid correction) and it looks interesting but it seems that it only prepares a person for fighting people that are sticking to and twirling arms in a similar way."

well, considering that your only source of information is watching youtube, it is small wonder.

"Kickboxing teaches people how to kickbox in ring setting but I would argue that training in kickboxing lends itself to sparring with other styles better than spm. Before you go on saying that, since I have never trained in the style I have no reference for what I am talking about, ask yourself if you have recently tested your spm skills against an actual resisting opponent. Yourself would probably conjure up past friendly sparring akin to patty cake or arm twirling and you might convince yourself that that was THE DEADLY full contact. "

again, you have answered for me based on your own ideas. WTF?
    At this point, I believe all that can be said to you has been said. It is pointless to argue with someone who lacks the maturity to have a conversation, an exchange of ideas and maintain an open mind. Good luck to you.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I find it funny that people use a 'fantasy land' as evidence against others accused of living in a 'fantasy land'.
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

This guy is totally a troll.
    He's taken his trolling right back round to the start.
    The last post pretty much seals the deal.
    He's probably some kid over from trollshido come to get some wings or something...

Ignore button is now on... lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SanHeChuan View Post
    I Don't know what this is either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhTkG...eature=related
    The second guy in this vid, the form he's doing looks alot like *******ized Pia Lum. Parts of it were Prance of the Panther, parts of it looked like bits and pieces of 8th lower self defences... And he didn't do it very well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    The second guy in this vid, the form he's doing looks alot like *******ized Pia Lum. Parts of it were Prance of the Panther, parts of it looked like bits and pieces of 8th lower self defences... And he didn't do it very well...
    haha yeah... also Flowing 1. Note the box shape and the sickle blocks to push hands.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Fast hands on the first guy but I'd really like to see how it applies to a confrontation (as a whole, not individual move snippets).
    When seconds count the cops are only minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    Sorry, sometimes I forget you guys have that special secret internal sauce where people throw themselves and you don't have to do anything except collect tuition.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    He's probably some kid over from trollshido come to get some wings or something...
    Hs every post is either cribbed from one guy I know over there, or he is the same guy. Either way, he was never seen as that bright, even over there.

Aside from the pointless exercise in who we're better than, I thought some pm practitioner was going to provide helpful vid to ways to practice the energies involved.

Also, I'd like to request that certain members quit suggesting that we tend to give a free ride to people based on legitimacy. Just because you waste your time commenting on training clips instead of focusing on what is useful here doesn't give you the excuse to point fingers at me. When was the last time you saw me comment on any clip?

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Absolutly agree.
    No way I could have picked up what my SPM Sifu teaches without prior training, it's all about the feel and the touch and he uses lots of point of references from other MA.
    Funny thing though, he said I will never have a pure SPM hand, I have too much ingrained form other MA, but he said that was a good thing.
    I didn't get it when he said that after the first lesson he gave me, which involved me getting a nice old fashioned beating, but 3 years later I totally understand what he meant.
    I'd like to expand on Sanjuro's comments. He nailed it when he said it all comes down to touch, feel and power. The same touch feel and power can be put on top of any techniques, and while it may not improve a technique, it often creates another, or a variation, and from there your skills come into play.

Now, the early part of Pak Mei, is about learning techniques, and for gross simplicity lets say they are optimised for the advanced pak mei that comes later.

So, a 'virgin' student is indeed different to a '****' but as we all know, ****s can be a lot of fun... Can't really say which is better with all the variables.

Just touching back on Sifu Cama, and while I can't speak for him, only for my own experiences, but I think that people looking at his exercise and saying "how is that fighting?" are missing the point. I think he is demonstrating a core skill (call it energy, technique, whatever) that is at the root of many more applicable techniques.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    haha yeah... also Flowing 1. Note the box shape and the sickle blocks to push hands.
    Now that you mention it, I do recognize the flowy hands thing as Flowing Motion 1. He was doing it waaaaaay too fast. Dang, I haven't been studying in 3 years and even I know he looked like cr@ppage...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    haha yeah... i think it was a mixture of a bunch of forms. I can't be sure and i might not have the correct title but I think there was iron wire in their as well. The compression of the hands from out to inwards and pushing. someone with a more composite background in hung could tell for sure but they would also say WTF.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    Owww! I like bush too
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by MysteriousPower View Post
    <SNIP>
    I looked up some SOUTHERN praying mantis(your only valid correction) and it looks interesting but it seems that it only prepares a person for fighting people that are sticking to and twirling arms in a similar way. Kickboxing teaches people how to kickbox in ring setting but I would argue that training in kickboxing lends itself to sparring with other styles better than spm. Before you go on saying that, since I have never trained in the style I have no reference for what I am talking about, ask yourself if you have recently tested your spm skills against an actual resisting opponent. Yourself would probably conjure up past friendly sparring akin to patty cake or arm twirling and you might convince yourself that that was THE DEADLY full contact.
    <SNIP/>
    I can see you've never crossed hands with a SP practitioner
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    James Cama's students have consistantly stopped opponents in competition as well as in Gong Sao private combat with shock power techniques. In the wong fei hung tournament his student Jack stops his opponent with a palm to the liver {not a fu non choi} His senior student Mark has knocked out opponents with body blows in private combat. Ask Wing Chun Sifu Alan Lee. Our Sifu and his students have proven themselves in public and in the private sectors for over two decades. Can I see your videos and resume. Better yet how about your name.
    Lol. What exactly should I ask SiFu Allan Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    James Cama's students have consistantly stopped opponents in competition as well as in Gong Sao private combat with shock power techniques. In the wong fei hung tournament his student Jack stops his opponent with a palm to the liver {not a fu non choi} His senior student Mark has knocked out opponents with body blows in private combat. Ask Wing Chun Sifu Alan Lee. Our Sifu and his students have proven themselves in public and in the private sectors for over two decades. Can I see your videos and resume. Better yet how about your name.
    Wing Chun SiFu Alan Lee (my SiFu) never gave mention of witnessing James Cama or any of James Cama's student demonstrating shock power or anything else for that matter. I have been a student of SiFu Lee's for 10 years and have never heard him mention James Cama's name, nor have I personally seen any demonstrations from him or his students. I do not believe that he knows James Cama at all. He does however know Henry Leung personally, who I believe is James Cama's SiFu. If there is something I might have missed - please elaborate for us all.

- Peter
    Your journey ends at my feet.

*It takes effort to learn to do something without*