Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Spaztaztic Southern Mantis (Maybe)?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Ooh me too! Class of '94
    Oh really? Then explain the Alpha Flight decoder ring u carry around....

Unhappy

MP,

another DB mouthboxing windbag.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    MP,

another DB mouthboxing windbag.

DD,

Here is a guy who can take a shot...but never to the face because it is iron body...but has not tried this ability for real. So that makes the ability bs. You should put up a video of someone your size or bigger taking shots at you full tilt. That would be a little more interesting than having your little nephew throw punches at you like those other videos.

It is no wonder you that you avoid topics such as fighting, in the wc forum for example, because you would get laughed off the forum.

whatever troll.
    Last edited by Dale Dugas; 07-04-2010 at 04:43 AM.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    So...

We almost had a former semi-pro full contact fighter with spm experience provide his view on a way to train shaking power that he saw as practical in a way that included pressure, etc.

But...

Because of trolls who utterly lack the same experience, we lose that.

Sanjuro-Ronin, could you, at some point, send me the sort of vid you were talking about? It would be of practical use to me, and I would truly appreciate that. If not, I understand, if so, thank you profusely.

Way to go trolls who claim to want more practical usage amongst kung fu people.

Working on it
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    So...

We almost had a former semi-pro full contact fighter with spm experience provide his view on a way to train shaking power that he saw as practical in a way that included pressure, etc.

But...

Because of trolls who utterly lack the same experience, we lose that.

Sanjuro-Ronin, could you, at some point, send me the sort of vid you were talking about? It would be of practical use to me, and I would truly appreciate that. If not, I understand, if so, thank you profusely.

Way to go trolls who claim to want more practical usage amongst kung fu people.
    I don't know if this illustrates exactly what you were after, but this is a video of an exercise that tests and demonstrates short 'shock' or twitch reflex power.

How the game works:

You lay your forearm across your partners chest, (opposite side from the heart for obvious reasons). This spreads the shock out across the ribcage, reducing the penetration.

Then you try to drive your forearm into your partner -

They have to feel your movement, and deflect or absorb the attack.

This also dovetails nicely with that thread about Kimbo getting boxing tips, and the focus on telegraphing.

The difference is, you are in full contact, both the attacker's arm, and the defenders block, there is no space.

Its just a training game, much like playing 'bloody knuckles', because even in a benign manner, it has a bit of bite.

Can you see doing a similar kind of technique, with perhaps a shaped fist, or an elbow, focussed at a weak target might be an effective? Short shot in a cinch?

http://www.aaron.net.au/pak_mei/imag...lips/short.m4v
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia