Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend Of Korra

That was Gene Luen Yang we were on a panel together

Please promise not to laugh Gene(Ihavepics)

....yes I met a few cute cosplay girls

I corrected his twin saber

Sifu Kurtis Fujita, Sifu Manuel Rodriguez

To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

None of us are laughing...

...at you. We're laughing with you. And we're all super jealous. Those pics are too precious for words. Thanks for sharing!

Looks like great fun, LHK. Congrats again. We're hoping to see more BSL in Korra Season 2!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Korra Book two We did some real basic gung fu for the story of the very first Avatar, Avatar Wan.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Some panaramics from the floor of SDCC 2013

-Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

September 13, 2013
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

I'm disappointed in you Master Kisu!!! I expected you to be surrounded by hot, scantily clad, cosplay chicks!

Republic City Hustle: Mini Series

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

1 hour season premiere this Friday

Legend of Korra Book 2: Spirits

Shoot. I'll be at practice. Eh, well, I don't have Nick anyway...
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Book 3

The new trailer just dropped.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I saw the finally for season three today.

It's was pretty cool
    -Patanjali Samadhi

~ Bodhi

Quote Originally Posted by Lokhopkuen View Post
    I saw the finally for season three today.

It's was pretty cool
    I have to get season 2 for my girls, they never got to see it all because they kept shifting the schedules here.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Season three debuted last Friday

So far, the reviews look pretty good. I don't have Nick, so I have to wait...

6/23/2014 @ 10:05AM 28,104 views
    'The Legend of Korra' Should Not Be Premiering on Nickelodeon This Friday

For as long as there’s been broadband internet, there’s been a long standing debate within the entertainment industry over how much studios should bend to the will of internet pirates. Over the years, we’ve seen responses come in the form of easily accessible streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime, to the shortening of windows between official release and home media availability, but last week saw something happen that’s so rare, there’s next to no case study for it. More importantly however, it seems the network in question made what’s probably the worst choice it could have for its response.

Recently, Nickelodeon completed production on the third season of hit Avatar: The Last Airbender spin-off series, The Legend of Korra. In theory, the marketing plan for the season was to premiere it in the fall during a primetime slot as the network did for season two, following massive critical and ratings success to season one (which originally aired on Saturday morning, in the spring). In following with last year’s model, the network was, most likely, going to reveal the first trailer and footage for season three at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con… but then things hit a snag when the Mexican branch of the network leaked (the sequence of events for the breach are still unclear) four mid-season episodes online while working to subtitle and dub them for the region.

Shortly after the event, a fan trailer appeared online and spread swiftly throughout YouTube and the fan community. In order to regain control over the story, the next day, Nickelodeon released an official trailer for the season, and that’s where this discussion should have ended. But, last Friday, the network revealed it’d be premiering season three of the animated series this Friday (June 27th) at 7pm, and then would be moving it to 8pm after the July 4th break. Beyond the precedent the announcement sets in regard to internet piracy (we’ll come back to this), this is perhaps the worst thing Nickelodeon could have done.

In fear of losing control over a situation it had contained, the children’s network completely scrapped its SDCC based marketing campaign to just run the season as is. Now, every region must rush to complete episodes for international distribution and, more importantly, audiences have less than a week to find out the show’s coming back. If there’s one thing ratings of a cult-hit like Orphan Black teaches us, it’s that, at times, the internet alone can only do so much for marketing. Especially since many DVR systems still haven’t cycled through a refresh – and might not in time for the premiere without a push from the network – there’s a very real chance a majority of Middle America will not learn of the new season in time for the Friday premiere.

As far as precedent’s concerned, is this the kind of message Nickelodeon – or any network for that matter – should be sending? “Steal our stuff, spread it like crazy and we’ll just give you what you want,” that’s what Nickelodeon has said with its drastic shift in premiere date. Say what you will about Marvel, Lucas Film and Warner Brothers, even in the face of news leaks and spoilers, the studios never waver from their original plans (Guardians of the Galaxy was still on the docket despite Marvel not being able to release their concept art as planned). It makes sense for Nickelodeon to release an official trailer ahead of schedule, that was a smart move, but to move up the premiere this early, this fast, with next to no other advertising to speak of, it’s obvious this wasn’t in the cards and never should have been after the episodes got loose.

Dealing with a situation like The Legend of Korra episode leaks is tricky, especially when the origin of the story came from Nickelodeon doing what they had to, to be ready for a fall premiere. It’ll be interesting to see what the ratings look like this Friday, but it would be a lie to say the series has been given its best chance to succeed financially after this date shift. Perhaps the only silver lining is The Legend of Korra’s already secured a fourth season that’s currently in production, so ratings only mean so much at this point.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Season 3 is much improved

I wasn't that into Season 1 & 2 of Korra. It lost a lot from the original series. But I managed to watch season 3 up to episode 7 via rogue vids on YouTube (I'd totally watch them on Nick.com if they were being broadcasted there like the previous seasons and even sit through the ads...but no ). Anyway, I'm liking this season much better. It references the original series much more, which is the way to go with this, and retains more of the sense of humor and playfulness that was lost in Season 1 & 2.

Now, with Comic-con coming up, I'm wondering if this thread will continue to descend into the Lokhopkuen gallery of cosplay hotties.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

It's as if I knew yesterday....

Now if I can just predict some lotto numbers...

BOOK 3 MOVING TO DIGITAL RELEASE!

Hey Korra Nation! Phew. Some of you may have heard versions of this news elsewhere, but here’s the official word. After this Friday’s on-air premiere of Episode 8 “The Terror Within” at 8/7c, all remaining Book 3 episodes will move to a digital rollout. That means two things: 1) Korra is NOT cancelled, 2) the remaining episodes will roll out weekly on Nick.com and the Nick app beginning August 1, as well as on platforms like Amazon, Google Play, Xbox and Hulu.

Thousands of you have been asking to watch this incredible show online, so hopefully this news works in your favor. Mike and Bryan created a breath-taking season for us all…so get ready to watch it all go down!!!

Thanks for being the BEST fans in the industry and see you at Comic-Con.

9 minutes ago
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Good finale

Season 3 was the best so far. It started out slow, and looked like it was going to go somewhere else, but in the end, the new villains were very satisfying. I'm really looking forward to Season 4 now.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips